TIE Pilot assistance please

bucket head

heya folks. I am in the process of building a TIE pilot costume. Got just about everything I need, though I am having a bit of an issue getting the armor to fit. I am a big fellow, so the armor I bought seems to dig into my shoulders instead of resting comfortably. Is there a way to adjust the armor? (aside from losing weight....I know...working on it....sorta...) being a solid piece I wasn't sure if heating it with a heat gun (carefully) would allow me to bend the top segments of the armor.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Bucket

http://www.jrs501st.com/forums

Have you tried JRS forums?
They are mainly deal with Tie Pilot and has all the details of how to for this armor.

heya folks. I am in the process of building a TIE pilot costume. Got just about everything I need, though I am having a bit of an issue getting the armor to fit. I am a big fellow, so the armor I bought seems to dig into my shoulders instead of resting comfortably. Is there a way to adjust the armor? (aside from losing weight....I know...working on it....sorta...) being a solid piece I wasn't sure if heating it with a heat gun (carefully) would allow me to bend the top segments of the armor.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Bucket

being a big guy myself and having done a similar costume (at-at driver) I would say see if you can get it to sit up a bit higher. if not a good solution maybe to make a set of proper sized armor via pepakura.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back