Fallout 4

Another minor complaint is the T-60 armor, which is my favorite. It kind of broke continuity because in several games the T-51b was the pinnacle of prewar power armor technology in the Fallout universe. They should have said that this is the first power armor the BoS put into production itself. They could even say they used research of Enclave armor to build it after the events of F3. If the Enclave could produce new power armor then surely the BoS could. If they had enough manufacturing capability to make the Prydwen, then making power armor shouldn't be too hard.

100% agreed.

One thing that bugs me is that every time I go on the Prydwen you go up (or down?) a ladder to get to the area with the quartermaster. I think they should have made this a cargo lift.

Or better yet, just a ramp or stairs to eliminate a loading screen. Going to the Prydwen feels like such an ordeal. Fast-travel to Prydwen flight deck (loading screen), go 50 feet to door to enter ship (loading screen), walk forward 10 feet go down ladder (loading screen) . . .

M

I wish they'd offered concrete ramps so we could put our doors off the ground yet have a way for our robots to roll in and out. I agree the T60 should have been listed as a BOS invention. I found a source of fiberglass but it takes 2 days for her to restock and she's the only reliable source. Also I snuck into the remains of the airship without the robot noticing and there's actually some corpses to loot. I dont' get how in an age of top notch game systems we still have freaking long load screens. This game is nothing compared to the crap destiny had.

I also wish they'd give more leeway when it comes to modding the robots, I want to replace the wheeled legs on my sentry bot with 4 mr handy engines so he can float and still look scary lol Edit; I'm a moron, i had no idea that the power armor displays could snap to each other like walls do in the building menu. Now i'm reworking things and can fit twice as much stuff as before. Sadly my game is suddenly freezing up so i lost progress but i'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
So it only takes about 2.5 hours to complete the new Vault DLC, it actually took longer for me to get everything from the wasteland workshop one. There's only 3 trophies and it doesn't look like there's any goodies for power armor this time. Turns out that the contraptions DLC gave you 2 new t51 paint jobs. I was hoping this new one would give you some new vault tech paint or another armor suit like the mechanist did wit that extra x01. Another annoyance is half the new stuff available in the build mode isn't available outside the vault so all the new decorations are useless if you already built a base someplace else.

Another swing and a miss Bethesda. I was hoping to use the security desk and guard post at my settlements to replace the crappy junk guard posts... I'm guessing modders will "fix" it so we can use those building elements outside. I started messing around with building a vault last night, but after my nephew said that there are only three lame experiments (bike, eye chart thingie, and a soda fountain...) Not cloning, FEV, music experimentation, brain altering gas, etc., but an exercise bike. WTH? Did these guys who made the DLC even play any of the last four Fallout games? I'm just going to ignore it.

On one hand I feel sorry if they really thought these were good DLC choices (except for Far Harbor). On the other "What the heck were they thinking?!?!" The DLC for F3 and NV was so much better. It had an actual story, new, good weapons, etc. All of these building elements should have been left for modders to add. Heck there's a vault mod which actually lets you build a vault anywhere, with an actual vault door. It came out months before this.

Hold on a minute. You can't build this vault stuff outside the underground area of Vault 88? Their twitch feed lied to us. They said you could!

@Jeyl This morning I tried building 2 of the reactors that came in the DLC in my current base and they weren't even available BUT now they are along with other vault stuff so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Maybe it needed to register that i finished it before it added it to my stuff. Not sure if much of it is going to be useful in my current base but a generator that provides 500 units of power is welcome. I may check and see if any armor stuff popped up too. So far the only special item you get is at the end of it but there are quite a few legendary enemies in the vault but the items are all pretty unimpressive at this point. At level 120 I'm pretty much a god lol.

Edit: i'm getting annoyed if this game doesn't crash it suddenly stops letting me bring up my pipboy. I lost a half hour of progress due to it and even then it does it in the same area while i'm working on my power armor suits. So there's no cure for the pipboy bug on consoles and it only works once on PC so now i have to wear power armor every time i go outside just so i can do my inventory stuff. This isn't a game breaking bug but i considering damned near one.

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with some of the DLC building parts and I thought "Hey I'll use a prefab scaffolding as an awesome sniper tower!" Well no you can't! Settlers won't go up it... WTH? I've made some crazy cobbled together guard towers with the snapping guard post mod and they go up my rickety construction! I'll post some pics tomorrow. I didn't know you could build on the overpasses above Finch Farm and Greygarden!

1.7 Update
  • Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"

...Hey Bethesda. Come here. You think I had forgotten what the deal was with Marcy Long? You think I'm one of those players who just saw her as some meme type character that everyone loves to hate because she's so insufferable? No. I remember who she was. She's a mother who just recently lost her son! You had all this time to give the Sole Survivor a chance to relate with someone and you did nothing with it. Worse than nothing since your idea of furthering her character is to release an update that makes her and her husband killable. It's as if you did this under the pretense that it would get a lot of laughs.

The lack of care Bethesda has towards their own character is so apathetic it's almost palpable. I don't want to kill Marcy Long. I want to help her.

I've been experimenting with some of the DLC building parts and I thought "Hey I'll use a prefab scaffolding as an awesome sniper tower!" Well no you can't! Settlers won't go up it... WTH? I've made some crazy cobbled together guard towers with the snapping guard post mod and they go up my rickety construction! I'll post some pics tomorrow. I didn't know you could build on the overpasses above Finch Farm and Greygarden!

Put a guard post at the top of the scaffolding.... thy might not walk up to it but I have a feeling they'll magically appear in it when you leave and return at a later time. Kind of like how when you build a house with no form of entry whatsoever... but when you return there's a settler in there just hanging out.

Or how you get notification of a settlement being attacked or someone being kidnapped.... even though the entire place is surrounded by a wall that is covered in turrets.

That's what doesn't make sense though... not the fact that the world is populated by mutants, androids, giant insects, and even bigger animals that never existed before that all want to do nothing but kill you.

My biggest issue (and it might be one or two mods interfering with the code) is snapping parts together with any degree of ease. Especially some of the vault-tec pieces.

Hopefully F4 is a learning experience for Bethesda as so far nobody's all that impressed between the story and the piecemeal dlcs that obviously were meant to be in the game's creation mode from day one. I'm finishing off getting all the achievements in Fallout new vegas and while i miss stuff from fallout 4 I prefer the gameplay style in NV. All they had to do to fix marcy is giver her more freaking dialogue so she'd become less unpleasant as time went on. Then again a lot of the characters in this game could have used fleshing out via dialogue.

I've had to watch more tutorial vids than ever to try to figure out the Vault building. I have no idea why they had to make it so difficult. Having to add in extra pieces just to get stuff to snap drives me nuts. All the workshop stuff definitely should have been there from the get go. I started playing the second the game came out and long since finished the main story. I can't imagine restarting but so much of this stuff I wish I had the whole game. Especially the robots. Some of my robots have been 10 times more effective in fights than any of the companions.

I am excited about Nuka World, but I really hope they change their minds and decide to put more out after it. I had more fun with Far Harbor than I did with the whole standard game. Heck the story of Far Harbor alone was better than the standard game.

That's the entire thing nobody's interested in the building sets as they beat the game a year ago even if they took their time. I was going to reboot my base using vault stuff but i don't want to deal with it anymore at this point. Even at 5.00 each the building dlcs look like a cash grab with cut content. For 5.00 we shoulda gotten the cut missions and Danse ending back in.

Put a guard post at the top of the scaffolding.... thy might not walk up to it but I have a feeling they'll magically appear in it when you leave and return at a later time. Kind of like how when you build a house with no form of entry whatsoever... but when you return there's a settler in there just hanging out.

Or how you get notification of a settlement being attacked or someone being kidnapped.... even though the entire place is surrounded by a wall that is covered in turrets.

That's what doesn't make sense though... not the fact that the world is populated by mutants, androids, giant insects, and even bigger animals that never existed before that all want to do nothing but kill you.

My biggest issue (and it might be one or two mods interfering with the code) is snapping parts together with any degree of ease. Especially some of the vault-tec pieces.

Yeah I put those new Vault barrier guard posts up there and the settlers dutifully stood UNDER the scaffolding... :lol I just made guard towers out of those elevated train cars, snapped a guard post to the front of it (with the guard post snapping mod), and added wood stairs. They go right up.

I also had a problem with settlement defense. I was hoping Bethesda would fit it or a modder would fit it. It would still work if settlements with high defense fended off attacks or were ignored. That or if you don't help with defense there's would be a "dice roll" and there would then be a chance someone would be kidnapped. It ALWAYS seems to be Abernathy Farms (for me anyway) and I do have a concrete wall all around it and lots of turrets.

I forgot to take pics of the highway overpass, but here's a couple others. These are big so I'll just link them.

Starlight Drive In, finally you can put up signs! I just wish they had larger neon letters. Some letters, like "R", had parts cut off when I put them directly on the drive in building, so that's why I put the concrete pieces up. I'll take some more pics from that settlement.
http://i.imgur.com/CvlFfvY.jpg

This is at Nordhagen Beach using the snappable guard post mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13755/?
http://i.imgur.com/KaJF8fn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0aSOZxJ.jpg

This one is just funny. In my first game I played, the female caravan guard for that doctor caravan guy (forgot his name) lost her outfit and was in underwear with armor addons. Now in this new game, same caravan, the dude lost his clothes. I don't know if Doc is handing out chems to his guards or what's going on. :lol You can also see the train car tower I talked about in the background.
http://i.imgur.com/yDxsoTN.jpg

I want to know where everyone is getting clean underwear after 200 years of no factories, seriously everyone should be wearing pelt underwear or none at all. That's another thing Bethesda does that annoys me, you take gear of someone and they have underwear on when in reality it couldn't have been there before you took the gear as it covers more than the armor did.

I agree... I don't want to have to restart the whole game. Although I went along with the Institute and slaughtered the BoS and Railroad... so I guess the upside to restarting is following different paths, but at the end of the day I'm not sure those decisions really change all that much.

I actually find myself building more than questing now. I love building concrete wall buildings. I've gone back to several settlements and gave them a complete makeover. I love plopping down a nice bigger generator instead of those crap gas powered pieces of crap.

I wish there was a one-click option to remove everything you built in a settlement so you don't have to manually remove everything.

And yeah... the Vault building is ridiculous. I haven't even started to understand how to use the wide hallways or the atriums. I'll have to YouTube that one for sure.

I do like how much space there is to do stuff in the vault caves though. It's crazy.

I only just realize how to equip settlers with clothing and weapons. It took me trying to figure out how to get that moron Clem in Vault 88 to put his vault suit on. I think in F3 and FNV you just gave it to them and they automatically put it on.

I lost interest in replaying the game when I realized how few achievements you get, i like going back and getting trophies as a challenge and incentive but in this game you get none for the various endings. The more I think about it the game feels a bit unfinished compared to the other games.

My problem is that I haven't really gotten that much built in my vault in the main room and I'm almost out of memory for it. Same issue when they added the cages. I had to go around to find which settlement had memory space for me to build them. Never could get anything from the cages to work right. One time I had the Longs fight and that was about it.

By memory you mean the space linked to the little bar on the top right of the screen in settlement building mode ? If so, there are mods to help alleviate that on PC and XBOX, and the good old drop heavy weapons on the floor and store them in building mode trick on the PS4. Just drop heavy stuff and store them in the workshop while being in building mode. Repeat until the bar is in the green again.

By memory you mean the space linked to the little bar on the top right of the screen in settlement building mode ? If so, there are mods to help alleviate that on PC and XBOX, and the good old drop heavy weapons on the floor and store them in building mode trick on the PS4. Just drop heavy stuff and store them in the workshop while being in building mode. Repeat until the bar is in the green again.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I'm on PS4.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back