Magnoli, Baron, or Other for Tenth Doctor Suit?

That would be much appreciated!

The Baron suit is on the left. The others are Magnoli.

2013-06-22 19.15.45.jpg

If it's any more help to you, I have owned a Baron suit (blue w/red pinstripes in their wool fabric) and it was decent, but nowhere near as good as Magnoli in my opinion. Baron's wool fabric looks a lot better than their cotton screen printed one (since it's a bit darker and the stripes are woven in), but it was a very stiff fabric and was not very comfortable to wear. Also in terms of screen accuracy, the chest pocket was way too small and some of the proportions were a bit off. If you're interested I can post some pictures or a link to my Livejournal where I have a detailed account of my experience with the Baron suit.

I just ordered a brown suit from Magnoli last week, so if you'd like, I'll post pictures once it comes in. I wish I saw this thread before I ordered - hopefully I'll get the most recent pattern that Magnoli has been working on...

When did you order a Baron suit? I worked with them and I do not think the pocket was too small at that point...been a few years now though.

My suit was made with the Magnoli fabric, but Baron did the tailoring.

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

10DoctorMonk_009.jpg

If it's any more help to you, I have owned a Baron suit (blue w/red pinstripes in their wool fabric) and it was decent, but nowhere near as good as Magnoli in my opinion. Baron's wool fabric looks a lot better than their cotton screen printed one (since it's a bit darker and the stripes are woven in), but it was a very stiff fabric and was not very comfortable to wear. Also in terms of screen accuracy, the chest pocket was way too small and some of the proportions were a bit off. If you're interested I can post some pictures or a link to my Livejournal where I have a detailed account of my experience with the Baron suit.

I just ordered a brown suit from Magnoli last week, so if you'd like, I'll post pictures once it comes in. I wish I saw this thread before I ordered - hopefully I'll get the most recent pattern that Magnoli has been working on...
I'd love to see pictures of the brown once you get it in for sure. Thanks.

When did you order a Baron suit? I worked with them and I do not think the pocket was too small at that point...been a few years now though.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Doctor Costume Reference/Photoshoot/untitled-2.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Doctor Costume Reference/Photoshoot/untitled-6.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a...ume Reference/Photoshoot/10DoctorMonk_009.jpg

Beautiful suit!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Doctor Costume Reference/Photoshoot/untitled-2.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Doctor Costume Reference/Photoshoot/untitled-6.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a...ume Reference/Photoshoot/10DoctorMonk_009.jpg

I had ordered my Baron suit just last year. Mostly it was great, but the pocket was really weirdly small.

image_1.jpeg

I'd love to see pictures of the brown once you get it in for sure. Thanks.

Definitely! I'm very excitedly awaiting its arrival. If the arrival time is anything like the reviews on Magnoli's site, I'll hopefully be getting it in just a week or two.

What size is your jacket? If you have a really small chest size, it looks like they may have had to make it small to fit.

What size is your jacket? If you have a really small chest size, it looks like they may have had to make it small to fit.

I wear basically a 40 Regular jacket, so I'd say they just goofed.

That is an oddly small pocket. Did you get an explanation?

I didn't bother asking them because at the time I received it, I was so excited that I didn't really notice. No big deal at this point (since I've sold it to purchase a Magnoli suit) but I figured it'd be worth mentioning in case all their suits came out that way. But I guess mine was sort of a one-of!

Okay, I've been wanting to order one of your suits for a while, so I will be patient a little longer and wait until the new patterns are ready. :)

Just fyi, I spoke with Indy shortly after I saw his post about the new patterns because I had just ordered a suit 2 weeks ago (and wanted to make sure I'd get the latest and greatest version). Indy said that they've actually been making the up-to-date pattern for a few years now (adding revisions here and there), and he's now just doing an overhaul on the pattern to ensure consistency across sizes and whatnot.

So, in short, I'd say you're clear to purchase a suit at any time and you'll get the latest pattern!

Well I just ordered a Baron suit and a Smith Shirt from Magnoli. Feeling a bit sick after spending that much but I know it will be worth it. I think I'm going to be a wreck until I get them worrying about my measurements :lol

Well I just ordered a Baron suit and a Smith Shirt from Magnoli. Feeling a bit sick after spending that much but I know it will be worth it. I think I'm going to be a wreck until I get them worrying about my measurements :lol

I definitely know the feeling! I recently ordered an entire Tennant ensemble from Magnoli myself, which was quite a bit of cash. But I'm so excited for it all to arrive! In fact, the overcoat is scheduled to arrive today! :D

I'm thinking about doing a video unboxing/review of it too, since for some reason there are not a whole lot of reviews of it I can find (other than the ones on the Magnoli website itself). His new pattern and material look so much more screen accurate than the old photos on his website, so I figured I should share it so folks know what it really looks like!

I was going to get a magnoli brown suit but I decided that I could get a Baron suit, and a Magnoli Smith Shirt and have money left over to put towards my wedding. Win win.

Also, just wondering if anybody here has ordered a Smith shirt and could tell me what the turn around time would be. I understand it's a custom piece so it will take time; just curious as to how much.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back