***2013 SECRET SANTA THREAD*** Sign up now CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
045.JPG Thanks Santa!! LOVE my new SHIELD logo!! Absolutely the coolest!!

There was no name on the package, but after a little deduction, I'm almost 100% sure my Santa is @Volpin , so HUGE thanks to you good sir! You definitely made the child in me squeel :lol

You got it, haha! Glad you like it, my wife almost didn't let me ship it out

11587152125_c7e42fc233_c.jpg

Attachments

• 11587152125_c7e42fc233_c.jpg
    11587152125_c7e42fc233_c.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
You got it, haha! Glad you like it, my wife almost didn't let me ship it out

Dude, I just realised who you are! xD
I watched your video with TESTED like...literally just before I signed up for this Secret Santa!

Glad Mrs.Volpin was willing to let it go in the end :lol
Thanks again!

You are correct. You're welcome and thank you for the kind words. I'm really glad you liked the gifts and are impressed enough to show it off! :) That means a lot to me.

Okay, I think that Steveo was my Secret Santa. I couldn't get back to the box cuz the hubby was hiding one of my gifts in my office/the second bedroom so it was off limits for a bit. But I was finally able to get the name and location tonight to go back and try to match it up. :)

I'm still in awe of the package as a whole and have been showing the pic I took of the painting to anyone who might care, and also to those that wouldn't. They've all been equally impressed by it. heh

I wasn't going to reveal which gift I sent, but there are enough people who will recognize it from photos I posted elsewhere, plus I was thinking of posting a build thread...

You are still waiting :-O
I hope i didn't get lost if you still don't have it at the end of next week ill send it again ;)

Srry for ruining the secret of the santa

its all good :D no hurry...

- - - Updated - - -

Cute wife you got :)

That's all you notice... I was looking at those sexy Weapons... :D

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't going to reveal which gift I sent, but there are enough people who will recognize it from photos I posted elsewhere, plus I was thinking of posting a build thread...

lets see it :)

Yes, I am failing as a Recipient. I received a Epic Supernatural Display. I will post pics in a few days. Apparently my last day substitute teaching before Christmas Break one of the Children gave me the flu for Christmas so been worshiping the Porcelain Goddess for the last couple of days. Words cannot express how much I love this gift. It is so epic and is displayed on my shelf already Santa and since I am moving in with my girlfriend as soon as I opened it she said "Wow, something for your new Man Cave" My forst Item for my First Man cave. Thanks so much.

I sort of don't understand all the effort people put into sussing out who their Secret Santa was ... I mean, the whole point of the exchange, I think, is that you don't know! I happen to know who mine is only because he has a website where he sells the item he sent so it's pretty obvious but were that not the case, I don't think I would have hunted him down; to me, it's just more fun NOT knowing.

For me it was partially being able to thank them properly because I was completely squee-geeking over each item as I opened them. That package completely made my week.

And partially because I love the painting so much I'm considering commissioning another painting from my Secret Santa once my funds get a bit more back in line, so I needed to know who it was. :D

It has been observed by several people this thread is lacking pictures, let me remedy that with a long rambling pic-filled post. :D (sorry I don't take the greatest photos, my wife is the photographer :$ I just swipe her camera when needed)
On Christmas morning I opened my 1st (you read that right) Secret Santa package: From the Tyrell Corp
attachment.php

The manual for Deckard's gun
fist full of off-world money
a set of Leon's photos
L.A. Police report on Leon's pistol
attachment.php

Box of .44-40 Sonic Shock cartridges (for the series D -11 2018 model) :cool I love that it says "keep out of reach of children" :lol
attachment.php

The incinerated remains of the 4 Skin jobs that get "retired". yeah! :thumbsup
attachment.php

attachment.php

Either the shipper got rough or one of the replicants made an escape attempt (Roy, obviously ;) ) but the box held him and he has been poured safely back into his jar. :lol
I hadn't seen Blade Runner for a few years, so I rented it on the 27th and we watched it 3 times, (the Final Cut, which I had not seen before). I just got my 1st Blu-ray player this month so the 3 disc blu-ray set now tops my acquisitions list. :cool
I'm thinking of a black lacquered display base with LED lit Lucite plaques that have inception and retirement dates for the replicants, and I'll be pulling out my mat-cutter to frame the pictures, money and letters. Now I need to get a gun to go with the ammo box! :devil you started me down yet another obsessive prop road, Thanks Santa, this stuff is awesome! :cool:thumbsup:cheers

Part 2: I was on my way out to my family's Boxing Day party on the 26th and met the mailman with a package addressed to Bigdaddy. :)
Death From a Desk, had sent me a package after I had been reassigned to another Santa, he's a standup Dude in my book. :cool:thumbsup
attachment.php

"Just because we're bereaved, doesn't make us SAPS!!" :lol

I find it wonderfully ironic that I got cremation remains from one SS and an urn from another! :lol:thumbsup
Further irony: I have been the keeper of my grandmother's ashes since 1995, (in the most modestly priced receptacle they had) and she drank a lot of Folgers coffee, however I got a rather black look when I suggested grandma might like the new urn. :lol so for now I'll fill it with ashes from the woodstove, Thanks DFAD I love it! :cool

Just to add some more pictures to the thread here is what I sent to brandomack glad you liked it bro!
When I saw you were doing a JB man-cave I thought "perfect, I saw somebody making a Skyfall sign!" I searched it out and... :facepalm it looks awesome! ;)
I looked high and low for a black bow but in a town of less than 1000 there aren't many options, then I went to the store all the kids rent prom tuxes from and they had a better than perfect "bow" for a James Bond package. :)

Gold for Bond's recent 50th:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to my Santas, and thanks to Mike for organizing and running the exchange, at your request I PIFed, the Toys-for-Tots got extra SW toys this year (OT stuff, of course ;) )
Happy New Year everybody!

Attachments

• IMG_9824.JPG
    IMG_9824.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_9844.JPG
    IMG_9844.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_9845.JPG
    IMG_9845.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_9847.JPG
    IMG_9847.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_9851.JPG
    IMG_9851.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_9852.JPG
    IMG_9852.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_9728.JPG
    IMG_9728.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_9737.JPG
    IMG_9737.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_9760.JPG
    IMG_9760.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 518
  • rpf label brando.jpg
    rpf label brando.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 533
Hey that is one of my labels from last year! :D I was thinking of doing new ones this year but work/life got in the way. :cry
perhaps next year... ;)

Oh yeah... Great gifts!

Thank you so much Santa. I received an amazing 12 guage shotgun shell set. One for Vamps and Werewolves, Salt for Demons, my Favorite of all of them is the Shell filled with Phoenix Ash. Excellent Job Santa the one with the brothers being back in the old west is on of my Favorite Episodes (I still say "Mystery Spot" I can watch over and over again lol) I will be moving in a couple of weeks so I have it on display on my Mom's nook shelf and the only space she had was right between her two angels. I love the irony.

Oh Yeah in honor of Dean in the background of the picture is Pie!!!

Some more amazing presents, I especially like the Supernatural shotgun shell display!

Are there still members waiting on their gift? I remember reading this was supposed to be a perfect year, is it official yet?

Some more amazing presents, I especially like the Supernatural shotgun shell display!

Are there still members waiting on their gift? I remember reading this was supposed to be a perfect year, is it official yet?

On the 1st I'll be sending a note to everyone not marked as received to check in. Gifts aren't considered "lost" until the 6th. :)

At the very least we do have a very high success rate according to my list.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

It has been observed by several people this thread is lacking pictures, let me remedy that with a long rambling pic-filled post. :D (sorry I don't take the greatest photos, my wife is the photographer :$ I just swipe her camera when needed)
On Christmas morning I opened my 1st (you read that right) Secret Santa package: From the Tyrell Corp
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268924&d=1388327301
The manual for Deckard's gun
fist full of off-world money
a set of Leon's photos
L.A. Police report on Leon's pistol
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268926&d=1388327556
Box of .44-40 Sonic Shock cartridges (for the series D -11 2018 model) :cool I love that it says "keep out of reach of children" :lol
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268929&d=1388327793
The incinerated remains of the 4 Skin jobs that get "retired". yeah! :thumbsup
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268927&d=1388327564
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268928&d=1388327571
Either the shipper got rough or one of the replicants made an escape attempt (Roy, obviously ;) ) but the box held him and he has been poured safely back into his jar. :lol
I hadn't seen Blade Runner for a few years, so I rented it on the 27th and we watched it 3 times, (the Final Cut, which I had not seen before). I just got my 1st Blu-ray player this month so the 3 disc blu-ray set now tops my acquisitions list. :cool
I'm thinking of a black lacquered display base with LED lit Lucite plaques that have inception and retirement dates for the replicants, and I'll be pulling out my mat-cutter to frame the pictures, money and letters. Now I need to get a gun to go with the ammo box! :devil you started me down yet another obsessive prop road, Thanks Santa, this stuff is awesome! :cool:thumbsup:cheers

Part 2: I was on my way out to my family's Boxing Day party on the 26th and met the mailman with a package addressed to Bigdaddy. :)
Death From a Desk, had sent me a package after I had been reassigned to another Santa, he's a standup Dude in my book. :cool:thumbsup
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268930&d=1388327803
"Just because we're bereaved, doesn't make us SAPS!!" :lol

I find it wonderfully ironic that I got cremation remains from one SS and an urn from another! :lol:thumbsup
Further irony: I have been the keeper of my grandmother's ashes since 1995, (in the most modestly priced receptacle they had) and she drank a lot of Folgers coffee, however I got a rather black look when I suggested grandma might like the new urn. :lol so for now I'll fill it with ashes from the woodstove, Thanks DFAD I love it! :cool

Just to add some more pictures to the thread here is what I sent to brandomack glad you liked it bro!
When I saw you were doing a JB man-cave I thought "perfect, I saw somebody making a Skyfall sign!" I searched it out and... :facepalm it looks awesome! ;)
I looked high and low for a black bow but in a town of less than 1000 there aren't many options, then I went to the store all the kids rent prom tuxes from and they had a better than perfect "bow" for a James Bond package. :)

Gold for Bond's recent 50th:
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268933&d=1388327831
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268934&d=1388327835
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268932&d=1388327820
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=268931&d=1388327814

Thanks to my Santas, and thanks to Mike for organizing and running the exchange, at your request I PIFed, the Toys-for-Tots got extra SW toys this year (OT stuff, of course ;) )
Happy New Year everybody!

You Rock BD!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, I really appreciate your gift, it was very thoughtful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back