Boushh Helmet part ID help please..

tk1608

Sr Member
Hi All

Cothears costumes...fellow members here, have asked me to help them ID this part circled in red on the Boushh Bounty Hunter helmet..I know it's an undercarriage leg, but I dunno what from. I've looked through my stash of 1/48th jets but can't find any that match. If anyone can help that would be great.

This pic with the ruler show the other parts on the helmet, for scale. I'm told that the lower three are all from a 1/72 Tamiya japan torpedo boat pt 15 and the upper two are from Tamiya 1:12 Ferrari 312T4. I have neither of these kits, so I can't say for sure what scale the leg will be..
Anyway, thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

Cheers guys

Phil

I can verify the 1/72 PT-15 kit parts. Cannot help with the un-ID'd part. But the fact that all of them are unpainted makes me suspicious - they may have been added after filming.

Gene

Yeah, it's definitely the front landing gear off a jet. I looked through my Airfix 1/24 Harrier, no a match there.

Thanks for looking into this for us Phil and thanks guys for your help.

I know what you mean about the parts being unpainted Gene, it is strange but they are visible in the film (see screencap) I guess they were just added as an after thought.
Boushh cap.jpg

That's very cool! has anyone id'ed the actual scope or is it believed to not be a kit?

Are you referring to the main body tube? I believe that it was just a piece of pipe, if you look at the cut outs they are uneven and appear to be hand cut, which is what we are replicating with our helmet. The raised strips between the cut outs are stuck on and look like foam judging by the little creases, possibly insulation tape. the very front one has been lost since filming.

yes, that's what i was referring to. I can't wait to see your helmet. Also, has the antenna part been id'ed yet either - the silver piece coming out from the opening in this whole piece?

the first run of helmets should be done soon, it's been a labour of love. The silver piece is actually the same part as C3P0's chest rods, I don't know if the part has been identified, we have had some machined from aluminium.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back