Han Solos ANH-Hero Blaster buildup - from a MGC-Mauser, with real Hensoldt and

Call me crazy, but i decided to make a new bullbarrel for this gun, the "old" one went to Hirohawa (i hope it arrives soon and he likes it).

Reason for this decision were the tiny slits where the chamfered barrel mets the receiver, i wanted to try another approach on the problem, something i had seen on another build (thanks, Pat :) ).

I turned the MGCs barrel down to the point where the bullbarrel of the original gun goes onto the receiver:

guns003.jpg

guns004.jpg

Man, i was pretty nervous when doing it. There was no really safe way to chuck it up with my equipment, and cheaply cast Zamak is not as sturdy as some other stuff. And having it rotating with over 1000 rpm a half meter from my head is nothing i likeed. :unsure

Next step will be to turn a new barrel with a hole to go over the remaining original. With the new parallel and really round surface it should be a nice fit/adjustment. Then chamfering the edges on the mill, and turning a adapter from Delrin for the flashhider.

I hope it will look better then as before, otherwise i would have scrapped a pristine MGC. :confused

I like what I see! Looking forward to seeing how the bull barrel turns out.

Did you make the front grill yourself?

OK, my craziness got some work done. :love

I gave the whole thing a good night of slee.... äääh thoughts, and without any fear regarding the clear and present danger, i put it on the lathe again - for the new planned design:

anh-bullbarrel001.jpg

two steps, for a better fit.

anh-bullbarrel007.jpg

Then turning the barrel:

anh-bullbarrel002.jpg

Frontend:

anh-bullbarrel003.jpg

This slides over the receiver:

anh-bullbarrel004.jpg

And the adapter for the flashhider:

anh-bullbarrel005.jpg

anh-bullbarrel006.jpg

A simple piece. (I reused a old delrin flashhider, cause i had no other delrin in the right dia)

The ready parts:

anh-bullbarrel013.jpg

Looks nicer than nice! When I eventually do buy a real C96 I'll know where to send it!

Seriously considering doing this with my real C96!
The bull barrel issue was always the thing that kept me from starting the conversion :unsure

Wonderful Michael!!!

Markus

Bravo! Now let's see the finished product. :love

By your command!
cylon.gif

First a jump to the .... ääh, a pic from the left:

Barreladapter002.jpg

And then a pic from the right:

Barreladapter001.jpg

And the chamfered part from the gunslingers view:

Barreladapter004.jpg

Barreladapter005.jpg

The faked muzzle inside the flashhider:

Barreladapter003.jpg

I really need to start searching for a gunshop that will parkerize me the flashhider, and maybe some bluing jobs, too.

Looking at your finished pics again...the chamfering (IF it´s called that way :lol) is not present enough IMHO. Take a side by side comparsion to the actual prop and you´ll see the angles of the chamfered end is different from yours...you should be able to adjust this easily :thumbsup

Really dig the way you tackled this project!

Markus

Looking at your finished pics again...the chamfering (IF it´s called that way :lol) is not present enough IMHO. Take a side by side comparsion to the actual prop and you´ll see the angles of the chamfered end is different from yours...you should be able to adjust this easily :thumbsup

To be honest ... it is not that easily as it looks. The slighly different angle is easy to get - after buying other tools. But this bullbarrel has been turned on a lathe, so it is round and centered - the same i did with the upper receiver as you can see on the pics. But the fact that the round underside of the barrel interferes with the lower receiver (it stops him from sliding out of the upper receiver) and that the real one looks "higher" over the receiver (i have no better word for it) makes me thing that the original bullbarrel was not just a centered replacement, but a very special "thing".

I have good pics of the chamfered detail, but they give me no really good idea of the construction as a whole. I can´t believe they made the bore uncentered ..... and so i would kill for having the opportunity to handle a original Bullbarrel-Mauser, just for 5 minutes, only. Seeing it in 3D would probably pull the light-switch in my brain.

Really dig the way you tackled this project!

Markus

I assume this in not the last barrel version i will have made. :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back