Bandai release schedule

All the millennials are saying, "Archie who?" :p

Not only millennials,....In the UK we had the original Alf Garnett, who apparently this 'Archie Banker' is based on...so Google tells me.:D

till_death_us_do_part.jpg

...but yeah....What's with the Archie Bunker hair-do?

J

Looking closer, Those parts one the lower right are not panels. They appear to show different positions for the pistons on the upper leg. So basically you get to pick and choose which position the piston is in based on the leg position

Spot on. Now that you pointed it out, i can see them on the upper legs. Good catch.

The amount of detail is mesmerizing more so considering that scale.I will be buying a few and me consider using them as a guide to pass those details unto a big scale kit like Revell or MPC.

The amount of detail is mesmerizing more so considering that scale.I will be buying a few and me consider using them as a guide to pass those details unto a big scale kit like Revell or MPC.

You guys do amaze me. :) As for me, since I got bitten by the Bandai bug, I cant even look anymore at any Revell or the old MPC kits. Lack of details, inaccuracies, anything else then grisp details, visible seam lines...
Although I wanted to focus on the 1:72 line when I started Bandais, I just recently sold off my old MPC collection at local fleamarket to get new shelf space for EVERYTHING else Bandai is throwing at us :) :p ;)

You guys do amaze me. :) As for me, since I got bitten by the Bandai bug, I cant even look anymore at any Revell or the old MPC kits. Lack of details, inaccuracies, anything else then grisp details, visible seam lines...
Although I wanted to focus on the 1:72 line when I started Bandais, I just recently sold off my old MPC collection at local fleamarket to get new shelf space for EVERYTHING else Bandai is throwing at us :) [emoji14] ;)
Same story here. Selling some my old Star Wars toys too. Just love the fun of building and painting these Bandai kits into such fine replicas. It's like owning a prop from the film.

Speaking of which, now I have the bug to build a lightsaber replica out of a Graflex, Luke's from ANH.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd be selling everything off too haha, luckily i only have an old unbuilt Speederbike kit which i bought just before Bandai came along :facepalm It is now going to be kitbashed into a futuristic Jet Powered Japanese Racer from year 2169, prob put a modified Frame Arms girl or similar on it, some led's, gona be fun.

After seeing Bandai's attention to detail and how they put so much research & love into these kits, i cant even look at another Star Wars kit right now. In the past other Star Wars kit lines have had a big AT-AT, Star Destroyer, Falcon, theres a market for it. So i see no reason why Bandai wouldnt want to either esp seeing as 3D models can be scaled up. I honestly couldnt have wished for a better company to start making Star Wars models, i feel so lucky and i cant wait to see what they will do in the future!

Im hoping to have a whole wall of display cabinets full of Bandai Kits, Black Series Helmets/Force FX Sabers, Repainted Droids, a few Hot Toys figures and anything else i can put in there. It will be a Galaxy.. not too far away, upstairs. The centerpeice to that would be a 1/1700 Bandai Star Destroyer in the middle of the room :love

Apparently the Blu-Fin distribution deal is already in effect, because my local comic book shop in Alabama just started stocking Bandai kits this week. Awesome!

But how much 'cheaper' does buying the kits in a shop work out compared to Amazon or eBay?,.....I'm paying slightly more than what I used to from HLJ in UK

J

But how much 'cheaper' does buying the kits in a shop work out compared to Amazon or eBay?,.....I'm paying slightly more than what I used to from HLJ in UK

J
I just checked out one of the local places.
Basically, the a-wing was $39. However, from the Tokyo model detective, it's $27 plus shipping, whatever that is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J
A few reasons to buy local is it's quicker, you don't need to worry about damage during shipment, and if you like having local hobby shops around buying things there keeps them in business.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back