New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

To whom who received their kit, are you happy with your eBay seller and if yes, which one did you pick? I'm ready to order mine, I have multiple sellers at almost the same price, but from what I've seen, some of your sellers didn't really protected the box.
BTW, I'm still progressing on my 3D printed Avenger, currently printing the hull shield generators and turbolasers :)

My seller was Volgania and I was very pleased with his service.

Did yours say it left Russia or did the tracking show it just arrived in customs in B.C.? I keep putting off contacting the Russian post but Im sure I should soonish.
It showed as stuck in Moscow awaiting departure, until suddenly it was in Richmond – there was never an update that it had actually departed Russia. It never registered as hitting customs in Canada (I'm imagining the puzzled look on the same customs officer's face opening Russian Star Destroyer after Russian Star Destroyer :) ), only that CP had received it some time after that. Then it sat in Richmond for a week with no update, just saying "processed", until, still saying it was in Richmond, it arrived at my door and I had signed for it. Then CP updated me to tell me it was out for delivery.

Last edited:
This may be of some interest here:

Tantive IV, scale 1/2700 from Shapeways:

32168237271_6119211ae1_z.jpg
20170113_140406 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

31911376160_19daed848c_z.jpg
20170113_140353 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Just received it!!

For those interested, I ordered from Branded-Shop and it came in a bag(no box at all). I thought i'd save a few bucks thinking it was being repacked into a smaller box but as I said it came in a bag. Various corners of the hull were either bent or broken. I was actually amazed that the sprues weren't broken.Will say that the seller was reasonable to deal with when contacted.

Last edited:
What is the actual length of the thing? I think it's supposed to work out to like 4.7cm at that scale.
It works out to 46.41 mm in the STL file. Going from Wookiepedia it should be 46.91 mm so it .5mm short. But the likelihood of you seating the two parts together to within .01mm is so small that when you put them together you should be right on 46.9 mm.

IMG_3266.jpg

Welp, lacquer thinner is NOT going to work. Despite listing MEK as an ingredient, the weld is pretty soft, and can be pried apart fairly easily. Not sure what the hell I'm going to do for the major assemblies, but because I just. can't. wait. any. longer. I'm gonna start slapping on the detail pieces for the 'wedding cake' sides with CA and hope they don't pop off when I start drilling.
Starting to play with this kit, honestly, I think the only thing I'd be looking to replace (apart from scratching the garbage chute) would be a Devastator-style hangar replacement - the kit doesn't match any of the studio models, and is definitely too shallow when I put my T4 in there.

Quick question for everyone else who has received theirs too - not that I'm complaining, but not have bought many kits in the last...oh...twenty years...am I seeing things, or, based on some very faint, but odd textures I'm seeing, was the master 3D printed for this?

Last edited:
My Tantive arrives on the 17th.
I've used Tamiya Extra Thin and Testors Model Master liquid (with the metal tube) with great results on mine.

My Star Destroyer is now in the hands of pro builder Mark Myers. He has a few builds ahead of mine, but will be on it soon.

Ive also ordered the little Millennium Falcon from Shapeways, to stick to the back of the conning tower, ala Empire Strikes Back.

I'm glad to hear that Volgania is reliable to date... bought mine from him too. However, status hasn't changed since before Christmas: "Your item has been processed through a facility in Moskva PCI-21, Russian Federation, at 4:47pm on December 23, 2016".. definitely a nail biter!!!

Last edited:
That one appears to be one of the baby Star Destroyer kits by Revell. The box shows a length of 130mm. However, just to confirm that Revell Germany will be bringing out the Zvesda as a re-boxing around April. The latest 2017 catalogue has the model on page 16, along with a TIE Fighter at 1/65 scale and a Landspeeder at 1/14 scale. These will be themed 40 Years of Star Wars Gift Sets. The Star Destroyer is Kit No 06052, shows a part count of 110 parts and a length of 600mm. Scale 1/2700. Priced at £89.99, they are listed as Limited Edition, also at the bottom of the page it says "Available in Europe, Middle East and Asia."

Also, not related to Star Wars, they are listing The Black Pearl for release in both 1/150 scale and 1/72 scale. August for the smaller model and May for the bigger model.

My Star Destroyer is now in the hands of pro builder Mark Myers. He has a few builds ahead of mine, but will be on it soon.

Ive also ordered the little Millennium Falcon from Shapeways, to stick to the back of the conning tower, ala Empire Strikes Back.

But where is the fun in that??? There is nothing more satisfying than build something and take pride in what you accomplish. Having another person build it fro you? Do not get it.

But where is the fun in that??? There is nothing more satisfying than build something and take pride in what you accomplish. Having another person build it fro you? Do not get it.

In this case..time. I have several projects on the table right now, and an insane work schedule this year. I won't get to it any time soon, and I'd like to have it built for my Star Wars room.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back