A little project I did about a year ago for our Ghoul on a Stool. Thought it might be of interest to the group :D

Haunted Mansion - Ghoul on a Stool Chair 000a.jpg
Haunted Mansion - Ghoul on a Stool Chair 001.jpg
Haunted Mansion - Ghoul on a Stool Chair 002.jpg

I think you're on to something. If you modeled the handle with some kind of extended collar off the back side of the tail that would allow for a set screw and cover the exposed spindle, then you could use an antique style door knob like the one in the picture below and it would allow you a mounting point.
View attachment 687083
I used that type of handle. Mounted it to the head end...due to the fact that the door opens opposite. I cut the door knob in half, where the seem line is, flattened it with a hammer, ground it down to a size that would fit behind the prop. Drilled two small holes in the flattebed knob...two tiny screws into the prop and jb weld the heck out of it. It's held up perfectly for 5 years now.

Attachments

• 20161230_181444.jpg
    20161230_181444.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • 20161230_181459.jpg
    20161230_181459.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 189
I continue to love this thread- great stuff. While I have a build thread I did think it would be cool to show my progress on my candle-goyle. The mold is 'done' and I thought the torn apart master had a nice look to it. I did intentionally pull the head off so that I can fire the clay and put it poking out of the ground somewhere.
IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1334.JPG

I posted this to the Facebook Haunted Mansion Fan Page...thought this group might be interested as well :D

Disney - Haunted Mansion Cane 006.jpg
The Inspiration...

Disney - Haunted Mansion Cane 000a.jpg
...a pre-production sculpt pic from when they announced the Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary merchandise.

Disney - Haunted Mansion Snake Cane 001.jpg
Yup...it is a 3D model :D

Haunted Mansion - Snake Cane 001.jpg
My finished version...left side

Haunted Mansion - Snake Cane 002.jpg
My finished version...right side.

...and a friendly reminder Mansion Mates, I definitely do not put my projects up for sale. I post them in hopes that others might get inspiration from them like I do from so many others on here :D

I posted this to the Facebook Haunted Mansion Fan Page...thought this group might be interested as well :D

View attachment 697973
The Inspiration...

View attachment 697974
...a pre-production sculpt pic from when they announced the Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary merchandise.

View attachment 697975
Yup...it is a 3D model :D

View attachment 697976
My finished version...left side

View attachment 697977
My finished version...right side.

...and a friendly reminder Mansion Mates, I definitely do not put my projects up for sale. I post them in hopes that others might get inspiration from them like I do from so many others on here :D

HI RobertH - your cane looks fantastic — can you tell us a little more about the finish? You did a great job on the metal appearance.

HI RobertH - your cane looks fantastic — can you tell us a little more about the finish? You did a great job on the metal appearance.

Thanks James.

Modern Masters Metal Effects paints. They carry bronze, copper and iron. I use them all the time. Exceptional. They are quite cool as they contain real metal particles. In fact they would age over time themselves...or so they say. I always apply the various reagents they sell so the verdigris (blue or green) and/or rust is real and appears fairly quickly. I use them all the time.

http://shop.modernmasters.com/c/metal-effects

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back