STAR WARS IV Lukes tuscan raider rifle

jamie16112002

this is the gun grabbed from the speeder by luke when the tuscan raiders or sand people attack also used by them.
All i know is that its
76 ½ inches high

Lukew.LongRifle.jpgTusken_raider_rifle.jpg
any more info would be much liked

Lukew.LongRifle.jpg

Tusken_raider_rifle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this being discussed years ago, and if I recall, it was an old rifle made by a certain people, and converted slightly to make it kinda spacey.

Kinda like the gaffi stick...

I almost wanna say it was a Turkish rifle? I just can't remember. Someone does, I promise.

You are referring to two different props in your pictures...the first one is Luke rifle from ANH, the second one is a rifle, which the Tuskens used in the PT.

The OT rifle was based on an arabian/ oriental Jambai or Camel rifle. I have a similar one in my collection, but the accurate version has never been found afaik. I have been told, that there even was such a rifle offered by Denix at some point. It features known details such as a few power cylinders, the square button also used on the DDCD and the MerrSonn and other greeblies.

The PT rifle was completely scratchbuilt.

It's the 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle. Here's some screenshots of it:

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3140.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3193.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3194.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3198.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3209 (1).jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3227.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3229.jpgstar-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3230.jpg

Here's some other pictures:

tumblr_m8m2eoPhpD1rtthw6o1_1280.jpgCCG_ANH_6-2Aug2.jpg13362689_6.jpg

Here's a bit of behind-the-scenes footage from The Making of Star Wars (it starts at 13:38), which seems to have the footage the third picture above was taken from, but it's been cut a bit:

Here's pictures of a prop that was auctioned in 2006 and 2012 (Prop Archives link):

gun34.jpg11197.jpg11198.jpg11200.jpg11199.jpg13362689_1.jpg

Here's a prop in ScienceFictionArchives.com's collection:

776a.jpg

And here's some other threads about it:

Welp, there you go! I knew someone had tons of info to share!

Honestly, if you've got any wood working experience, it'd be a really simple prop to recreate.

Nice! Thanks for the pictures! Wonder how much artistic license they took with the greeblies...

This thing kinda makes me think of the old Springfield Trap-door rifle. Not in its looks, just the theory or use for it. A single shot hunting rifle. That's not to say that this blaster rifle is a single shot!

Unless it's supposed to be a "slug-thrower".

Nice! Thanks for the pictures! Wonder how much artistic license they took with the greeblies...

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology's depiction of the rifle is very similar to Hot Toys' (especially when you consider what some of the other blasters in that book look like):

Czerka6-2Aug2_negwt.jpg

That's pretty strange, because I wasn't able to find any good pictures of the side with greeblies... and all those pictures of the props don't show that side... I smell a conspiracy afoot! Either that or I just missed a picture or two; I dunno.

Also, might as well post this scene:

In that rendering, I almost feel like I see some tomtit cylinders (not the ribbed part, the other part), and some bowcaster type knobs, and other Greedo type greeblies.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back