What is the name of that movie?

KrangPrime

Master Member
ever think of something you only saw once, but it was unique enough to stick out in your memory?

I have this vauge memory of something that I THINK was a movie, about some kids battle super natural forces in their living room. all i remember is a staircase and what I think was a tree growing out of the middle of it.

would have had to of been early or mid 90s.

i don't think so.. there where no adults in this movie. I Think it ended by the kids (one i think had glasses), being worried about the parents coming home because they ruined the house.

hmm, THAT seems to be right! Seems like thre was a 90s sequel too.
Pretty damn creepy looking for what seems like a kids movie! I may have to give this a rewatch.

THANKS!

if anyone has any else from the memory vault..feel free to add them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any time a thread like this pops up, my answer is always the same: This is an older film, 50's maybe, it's about escaped convicts in the desert; they find a lone railroad track and decide to follow along one end of it. They walk along the track for many days and as they walk, friendships deteriorate, fights and squabbles break out and I think, by the end of the film, from the small group, only one makes it into a town after the entire ordeal.

It was a really impressive film to me at the time and I only ever saw it once on AMC ages ago, back when AMC showed classic films. I never caught the name of the film and no one's ever found the title for me since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EtfZocT0Fo

hmm, THAT seems to be right! Seems like thre was a 90s sequel too.
Pretty damn creepy looking for what seems like a kids movie! I may have to give this a rewatch.

THANKS!

if anyone has any else from the memory vault..feel free to add them!

The Gate is still one of my guilty pleasures. If I happen to catch it on cable, I will invariably watch it unless I have to leave immediately.

I haven't seen that movie in years. I liked the little creatures in it, and thought the sister in the movie was hot. :lol

Any time a thread like this pops up, my answer is always the same: This is an older film, 50's maybe, it's about escaped convicts in the desert; they find a lone railroad track and decide to follow along one end of it. They walk along the track for many days and as they walk, friendships deteriorate, fights and squabbles break out and I think, by the end of the film, from the small group, only one makes it into a town after the entire ordeal.

It was a really impressive film to me at the time and I only ever saw it once on AMC ages ago, back when AMC showed classic films. I never caught the name of the film and no one's ever found the title for me since.

That sounds like a black and white episode of Twilight Zone. Bunch or convicts cocoon themselves after a gold heist fight and fight while wandering in the desert. The last one makes it to the highway with the gold only to die as a future car stops. The guy says something like, "Look at how he is clutchin to that gold." "His passenger says, " I heard it was valuable before they learned how to manufacture it."

I can't tell you the range of answers I get to my mystery film. :lol I feel like if no one can identify it, I might as well make the film myself just so people can find it!

A woman and two men are in an empty city. Everyone else has disappeared or died off, I don't remember which or if it was even made clear. There was something about an electric shock being the reason she is still alive, possibly involving a hairdryer. Possibly all 3 were killed at the same time as whatever catastrophe happened. Towards the end possibly a vehicle crashes into/through a building revealing a government installation of some kind possibly connected to radar/satellite stuff, seems to be the catalyst that made everyone disappear/die. Bodies at their desks in a control room, science types.

I know this is terribly vague, but this was aired in the 80s/early 90s, I was a child and my memory is generally not great. I've wondered about it since but never actually tracked it down.

night of the comet... classic... the end were the sister says "i like your car" and the guy says "thank's I have 27 of them" or something like that. LOL it was soooo OMEGA MAN. :cool

I remember it. I'm sure it was set in Australia. They where the only ones alive because they died the instant the catastrophy occured. In the end they set off the catastrophy again just as one of the guys dies leaving him as the only person alive in the world alone on a beach..... ooops spoiler alert. Just trying to remember what else the main guy was in so I can track it down.
A woman and two men are in an empty city. Everyone else has disappeared or died off, I don't remember which or if it was even made clear. There was something about an electric shock being the reason she is still alive, possibly involving a hairdryer. Possibly all 3 were killed at the same time as whatever catastrophe happened. Towards the end possibly a vehicle crashes into/through a building revealing a government installation of some kind possibly connected to radar/satellite stuff, seems to be the catalyst that made everyone disappear/die. Bodies at their desks in a control room, science types.

I know this is terribly vague, but this was aired in the 80s/early 90s, I was a child and my memory is generally not great. I've wondered about it since but never actually tracked it down.
Edit...... should have read till the end....lol. good going madmax.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back