The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Screenshot_2016-06-16-16-57-33.jpgScreenshot_2016-06-16-16-52-19-1.jpg
First clear shot of the boots and jacket

Last edited:
Looks like these close from the front and wrap the shoe, and use the plastic clips.

The jacket has a lot more details, can't wait to see the entire jacket.

Personally I like the old boot covers better, but just might take seeing the whole thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh, Man!!! That does look cool. I still like the first movie outfit better, but that will do fine.

That jacket is a mess of materials and layers, but it doesn't look to have anything too special like the screen-printing. Just a lot of worked leather/cloth.

The boots look easier to build. Contingent on the back not being overly complicated and no rockets makes it even easier. Did they stick with the Skechers Diameter sole?

Looks like they took some ques from comic/cartoon versions of Star-Lord. Which typically omits the rocket boots and adds brown leather patches to the short-coat.

I think the trench was ditched in the first movie due to impracticality. Because you can see Star-Lord wearing it in early promo material and story-boards for Kiln/Knowhere. This time they made sure the whole outfit was practical from step 1. Of course that's speculation, but I think my reasoning is sound.

Hi, Im new pretty new to all of this, but have been wanting to make a Star-Lord outfit for a while. Can anyone point out which pages of the 77 so far that are most helpful in making the oufit? Or any general point in the right direction will help. Thanks!

Hi, Im new pretty new to all of this, but have been wanting to make a Star-Lord outfit for a while. Can anyone point out which pages of the 77 so far that are most helpful in making the oufit? Or any general point in the right direction will help. Thanks!

There's really no one page or pages that tell it all. You really gotta do some searching.

A good start would probably be deciding what Star-Lord outfit you want to build.

The trench coat at the start of the movie?
The short-jacket he wear most of the time?
The prison outfit?
The "flight suit" at the end battle?

Working on a Star-Lord costume for Halloween. Could anyone tell me what kind of holster belt I should use for the blasters?

Also, where would be the best place to get the jacket (the short one) from?

Factories got a new version of the pants.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

These are part of a new package-deal that has shown up on ebay. Most of the package I could do without, but the pants caught my eye.

I did ask if they can sell the pants alone and was quoted $100.

Factories got a new version of the pants.

View attachment 637353
View attachment 637354
View attachment 637355

These are part of a new package-deal that has shown up on ebay. Most of the package I could do without, but the pants caught my eye.

I did ask if they can sell the pants alone and was quoted $100.
Yea i saw it as well. So i decided to be the guinnipig and put my order in for the pants 2 days ago.

I will post pics once they come in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Do you have a link? I can't find it on eBay.

I found it by searching for 'star lord pants' and it was about 10 listings down. Several sellers are actually selling this same package.

The specific listing where I found those pictures was titled......

New Guardians of the Galaxy Peter Quill Star-Lord Cosplay Costume Handmade

So if you copy+paste that into ebay search bar it should bring the listing right up.

Edit: I noticed you asked about the belt and holsters. Both were custom made for the movie. Some people here sell replicas. The ones in the ebay package are not well done. I'm also not a big fan of this particular jacket in the package deal. There are other options that I believe are better.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the exact size of the Purple infinity stone as seen in the movie? Trying to find a plastic purple crystal/diamond that would be a good match.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back