The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey guys I need some help with my orb

I got 3 magnets in each half to keep it closed only problem is it doesn't stay closed I want to be able to pick it up without worrying that it wil open but the magnets are not strong enough. I can add more bit then I would need to add allot more any other ideas?

This is the position of the magnets
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160411/9d7e18625d3aa8c0b803c63eee01850a.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/block-magnets

My Star Lord helm would come apart because the magnets it used did not hold. I added magnets from this link here.The size I purchased I wear very difficult to separating, they are that strong. My helm held so good I removed the elastic strap the helm had, and it stays in play solely on the magnets now. I used JB weld to keep them in place which has a 3900 psi hold.

Solider, where did you get..., well everything for that build? Looks fantastic!
the jacket is from Magnoli, the jacket patch and valve I got from TheRocketeer. The pants are UglyBros juke jeans (knock offs I'm sure for $70). I sewed industrial Velcro to the pants and leather holster pads so I could remove them to wash the pants if needed. I used white Velcro but I'm going to re-due it in black. The hip cover holsters wear the bigger movie accurate size but I noticed if I sewed them the hole way I would not be able to bend my leg so I cut some off the top. The rocket buttes are held on by the magnets I posted a few earlier. the rocket buttens, boot covers, hip pads/holsters boot rockets and painted nerf guns are from Etsy. I liked Danny's boot covers better and will re-order a pair. Both boot covers used straps, I added velcro to the foot plat to keep it in place to my boots, but when I walked it kept coming off, so I cut a small slit in the back of my boots and fed the lowest strap through it and the boot covers stayed in place perfectly. the helm I got from rgriesbeck and TheRocketeer.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/block-magnets

My Star Lord helm would come apart because the magnets it used did not hold. I added magnets from this link here.The size I purchased I wear very difficult to separating, they are that strong. My helm held so good I removed the elastic strap the helm had, and it stays in play solely on the magnets now. I used JB weld to keep them in place which has a 3900 psi hold.

i found some magnets on that site wich are 1 mm bigger but have a bit more then twice the strength so i ordered those lets hope they work cause 35* with shipping is allot for some magnets ( god i don't want to know howmuch i spend on my starlord outfit already XD and i don't even think its wearable at this time XD

the jacket is from Magnoli, the jacket patch and valve I got from TheRocketeer. The pants are UglyBros juke jeans (knock offs I'm sure for $70). I sewed industrial Velcro to the pants and leather holster pads so I could remove them to wash the pants if needed. I used white Velcro but I'm going to re-due it in black. The hip cover holsters wear the bigger movie accurate size but I noticed if I sewed them the hole way I would not be able to bend my leg so I cut some off the top. The rocket buttes are held on by the magnets I posted a few earlier. the rocket buttens, boot covers, hip pads/holsters boot rockets and painted nerf guns are from Etsy. I liked Danny's boot covers better and will re-order a pair. Both boot covers used straps, I added velcro to the foot plat to keep it in place to my boots, but when I walked it kept coming off, so I cut a small slit in the back of my boots and fed the lowest strap through it and the boot covers stayed in place perfectly. the helm I got from rgriesbeck and TheRocketeer.

ooh those pants look good i'm gonna get me one of those :) best non custom pants i have seen so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys help me out?

I bought a Star Lord belt buckle and D-rings ages ago. Anyway I've finally got some time on my hands and I want to start making a belt.

I remember seeing that someone had posted a pattern of the belt for all to use but I've been searching for ages now and can't find it.

Can anyone help?

Here is the closest thing to a pattern that I have seen for the belt. Sorry that I don't remember the source but the file was from December 2015.

i found some magnets on that site wich are 1 mm bigger but have a bit more then twice the strength so i ordered those lets hope they work cause 35* with shipping is allot for some magnets ( god i don't want to know howmuch i spend on my starlord outfit already XD and i don't even think its wearable at this time XD

ooh those pants look good i'm gonna get me one of those :) best non custom pants i have seen so far

If you search for 'star lord pants' on ebay, there are actual low-cost Star lord pants. About the same price as the uglybros knockoffs.

Just something to consider.

If you search for 'star lord pants' on ebay, there are actual low-cost Star lord pants. About the same price as the uglybros knockoffs.

Just something to consider.
Yhea but I want to have something that looks like quality clothes and not a cheap costume and I doubt the quality of those eBay starlord pants

Yhea but I want to have something that looks like quality clothes and not a cheap costume and I doubt the quality of those eBay starlord pants

Just throwing it out there.

Still trying to find pants myself. But those uglybros look like they are too tight for me.

Screenshot_2016-04-16-09-30-34.png
Screen shot from Chris Pratt's snap chat shows some details on the new shirt.

Yea, I think everyone will have at least two costumes
Like in the last film. The first being an updated version
The standard costumes worn, the second being the
Ravager outfits.

so i ordered the Xcoser DIY helmet so exited ^^ hopefully i can remove the Xcoser logo without any problems and then paint the whole thing, also 1 of the 2 blasters arrived and looks good will be waiting for the second one and then i dismantle them and paint them together

so i ordered the Xcoser DIY helmet so exited ^^ hopefully i can remove the Xcoser logo without any problems and then paint the whole thing, also 1 of the 2 blasters arrived and looks good will be waiting for the second one and then i dismantle them and paint them together

Which helmet specifically? Was it the newest generation with the grid on the lenses? They have a few different Star-Lord helmet models that come unpainted. I have their first-generation helmet. Logo you should be able to sand it down. Beware any edges around the bottom where you put your head. Xcoser doesn't finish off their helmets all that well. You may need to do some sanding so it doesn't do anything like scrape your ear raw.

There are upgrades for the nerf blasters that exist out there. You may want to investigate those options before you start work on the guns. There are even a few here in the classifieds if I remember right.

666th post.....:devil

Which helmet specifically? Was it the newest generation with the grid on the lenses? They have a few different Star-Lord helmet models that come unpainted. I have their first-generation helmet. Logo you should be able to sand it down. Beware any edges around the bottom where you put your head. Xcoser doesn't finish off their helmets all that well. You may need to do some sanding so it doesn't do anything like scrape your ear raw.

There are upgrades for the nerf blasters that exist out there. You may want to investigate those options before you start work on the guns. There are even a few here in the classifieds if I remember right.

666th post.....:devil

yes the latest version with grid lenses, alright nice to know i can sand it :)

have to take a closer look to the nerf blasters to know if i will upgrade them, prob not this project has already costed more then forseen XD

666 number of the beast |,,|, :)

yes the latest version with grid lenses, alright nice to know i can sand it :)

have to take a closer look to the nerf blasters to know if i will upgrade them, prob not this project has already costed more then forseen XD

666 number of the beast |,,|, :)

Yeah, doing Star-Lord right isn't cheap. That's for sure.

I probably have one of the lowest priced builds around here. Still paid hundreds. And that's without Zlurpo's knapsack.

And I still need more parts and to upgrade my stuff to a higher standard. Since it's all first-gen Star-Lord gear I rushed/assembled for a convention. So I'll basically end up upgrading everything.

I try to make a right perfect straight Star Lord Cosplay and working on it since january.
I think i have spend about 1000€ for it, and i am not complet finished, just 85%.
To create a perfect Star Lord is unfortunately expensive :)

Just in time for spring/summer cons, getting the opening act under-long-coat vest NEARLY done - just need to add the little decorative bits and bobs.

I really hate wearing long coats in summer, even this vest is almost too much. Made from this hide and half of weird texture leather I got for about $10 that was meant for shoe-making (ladies pumps or something, I dunno.) The colour comes up a pinkish red in these photos, I dunno if I need to colour it done more. But an event is this Saturday, so it won't be done by then. Just the random greeblies.

I'll have the long coat and helmet ready for photo ops, but otherwise, the fewer layers the better.

The real pain was doing all the zig zag top stitching like the prop - my machine's light kept dimming as the machine shunted power to push that needle through four layers at the seams.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back