New BMF coming

REMINDER - I have surface panel stencils

It's been buried in the thread several pages back so i thought I'd repost. I have a file that contains stencils of all the missing panels. They are printed in reverse. So you print them out on label paper and peel-n-press them onto .15 sheet plastic. Cut and past on the BMF. The results worked flawlessly for me. See pics

There is no charge for them. I am giving them away. Just email me directly at melvillejosh@gmail.com

In the spirit of cooperation I am looking for a scan of the JBOT decals for he 1/48 scale Falcon. JOBT is kaput.

Thanks for the email! These are great !

Thank You Josh for the templates!

Thomas

- - - Updated - - -

REMINDER - I have surface panel stencils

It's been buried in the thread several pages back so i thought I'd repost. I have a file that contains stencils of all the missing panels. They are printed in reverse. So you print them out on label paper and peel-n-press them onto .15 sheet plastic. Cut and past on the BMF. The results worked flawlessly for me. See pics

There is no charge for them. I am giving them away. Just email me directly at melvillejosh@gmail.com

In the spirit of cooperation I am looking for a scan of the JBOT decals for he 1/48 scale Falcon. JOBT is kaput.

Thanks for the templates Josh!

Thomas

Heads up..I see there are some very cool new shapeway parts up...Turret well/Turret Window/ and Mandibles (inner) sidewalls.. Maybe slow down my project to wait for these parts to get shipped :)

Updated: Went ahead and ordered the Window/Turret well/and mandibles sidewalls... curses Tony! :)

Hey..TONY you still need to make the upper/lower center front ship things that are missing on the hasbro ship :) (Or should say are cut out in a weird way)

Hi Tron!

Many thanks for your support! I've just finished the new parts yesterday late night... So you're fast guys!!! Not so much time to sleep!! :facepalm

The inner mandibles sidewalls are a very, very close replica of the ones seen on the 32" Falcon. Thanks to the tons of shots -links posted here at post #1118, page 45, thanks to @PHArchivist; thanks guys!!! you rock!!!-.

The turret well is a beautiful little kit in itself formed by 6 parts. Even you can assemble it and put it on a display individually!!! -with or without the window-. MF HASBRO TURRET WELL RENDER.jpg

I've just started now designing the jawbox missing parts, upper and lower, and also the jawbox backplate... Don't worry Tron, I know that this part must be accurized too... :devil

I've already emailed Mike to cast the new parts on resin too,but they will be available next year, in one or two months I think. I don't know exactly.

Going back to the jawbox design task!

Tony

Last edited:
Tony, at least the kids know what to get me for Christmas and my birthday in January :thumbsup

Looking forward to getting my first order of bits,

Hi Tron!

Many thanks for your support! I've just finished the new parts yesterday late night... So you're fast guys!!! Not so much time to sleep!! :facepalm

The inner mandibles sidewalls are a very, very close replica of the ones seen on the 32" Falcon. Thanks to the tons of shots -links posted here at post #1118, page 45, thanks to @PHArchivist; thanks guys!!! you rock!!!-.

The turret well is a beautiful little kit in itself formed by 6 parts. Even you can assemble it and put it on a display individually!!! -with or without the window-.

I've just started now designing the jawbox missing parts, upper and lower, and also the jawbox backplate... Don't worry Tron, I know that this part must be accurized too... :devil

I've already emailed Mike to cast the new parts on resin too,but they will be available next year, in one or two months I think. I don't know exactly.

Tony
Let me say thanks to you! For making this little hasbro toy into a freaking work of art! Everyone here is inspired by your work and I for one am having soo much fun with this!

Mike(TronGod)

So, possibly weird-sounding question. Would I be right in thinking that this plastic is the same stuff that shampoo bottles, cheap ANH stunt trooper buckets, and milk jugs are made out of, or at least a reasonable analog thereof? Since it is HIGHLY unlikely I will be allowed to buy a second Falcon any time soon, I was hoping to experiment on simialr plastic to get a feel for how it cuts and sands/files before starting to chop into the real deal. Any thoughts?

Wait, does that mean the first round of resin parts is imminent? Huzzah!!!!!

So, possibly weird-sounding question. Would I be right in thinking that this plastic is the same stuff that shampoo bottles, cheap ANH stunt trooper buckets, and milk jugs are made out of, or at least a reasonable analog thereof? Since it is HIGHLY unlikely I will be allowed to buy a second Falcon any time soon, I was hoping to experiment on simialr plastic to get a feel for how it cuts and sands/files before starting to chop into the real deal. Any thoughts?

Wait, does that mean the first round of resin parts is imminent? Huzzah!!!!!

I think we can all agree the LANDING gear out of the box..HAS TO GO.. So cut those off and do your experiments on them.
You can also buy the slightly cheaper X-wing and do horrible things to that too.

Also..I would say the plastic is more like those big storage tubs you get at target....

I think we can all agree the LANDING gear out of the box..HAS TO GO.. So cut those off and do your experiments on them.
You can also buy the slightly cheaper X-wing and do horrible things to that too.

Also..I would say the plastic is more like those big storage tubs you get at target....

Hadn't thought of that (the landing gear - no way am I rewarding Hasbro for an X-Wing that won't "X". YOU HAD ONE JOB, HASBRO!!!) - I guess I could always cut away a bunch there, and leave a stub to be cleaned up once I'm feeling confident enough with the stuff. Thanks for the common sense :)

Hadn't thought of that (the landing gear - no way am I rewarding Hasbro for an X-Wing that won't "X". YOU HAD ONE JOB, HASBRO!!!) - I guess I could always cut away a bunch there, and leave a stub to be cleaned up once I'm feeling confident enough with the stuff. Thanks for the common sense :)

As far as cutting..I'm sure everyone here has a different way to do it...but I'm using a exacto blade like this...
blade.jpg
The wide blade makes it perfect for certain things..I am able to push down with a good amount of force and its does a good job slicing this plastic in a clean cut. The key to this project is to try and get clean cuts...because I don't know about trying to sand this thing....

Timmythekid anything with this sign on it is polypropylene

393px-Resin-identification-.jpg and is crap.

If you are reinforcing from the inside then really rough papers are good/great, but sanding before painting can only be done with the finest of papers.
This stuff hates sandpaper almost as much as I hate polypropylene.

Cuts are best made by scoring a couple of times and then getting right behind and slowly pairing away in one with a scalpel.
On things like the windows dremeling to within about 1mm can help with the rest being neatly cut away as above.
At least cutting it is easy :)
Good luck everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I've already emailed Mike to cast the new parts on resin too,but they will be available next year, in one or two months I think. I don't know exactly.

Tony

Mark the calendar and start saving, boys and (if any here) girls!

TronGod to answer you I'm doing the other two walls and then the whole engine problem, not sure totally what to do there yet.
And tek2graphics yes that is the way I'm doing it, I won't be spending any more cash.
I like scratch building and want to make everything from the console to the engine vents.
It won't be quite as good as computer bits but hey, I'll be happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@TronGod to answer you I'm doing the other two walls and then the whole engine problem, not sure totally what to do there yet.
And @tek2graphics yes that is the way I'm doing it, I won't be spending any more cash.
I like scratch building and want to make everything from the console to the engine vents.
It won't be quite as good as computer bits but hey, I'll be happy :)
Yeah..until I see/get my shapeway parts..I have no idea whats going to happen back there :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back