STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Yea, that guy's reason that he says it's Photoshopped doesn't hold water. As we've seen many times before, holograms tent to shiver from time to time. It could just as easily be a shot taken just as this is beginning to happen, it doesn't necessarily mean it's been photoshopped to throw off speculation.

Iust caught "a call to action" and wow Tarkin was fantastically ruthless. The intro with the Imperial March was sweet and some serious s$&t went down. I loved it.

Ben

I just don't see why we need this Inquisitor guy at all. Why couldn't this just be Vader?

I really think this series should end with these guys being the ones who steal the Death Star plans. After they get the Rebellion up and going they finally get the plans and it leads right up to the first shot in ANH. I really think they should all die in the attempt, that would get them out of the way for the OT, but we all know that will never happen.

As much as I love the show, it's going to be a limited run of 4 Seasons or there about and I think LucasFilm is saving that particular event for the films.

I just don't see why we need this Inquisitor guy at all. Why couldn't this just be Vader?

Because Vader is needed by the Emperor for more important matters. You have to take that on faith because for the story to work, the Rebels have to deal with an enemy that is challenging, but beatable in a conflict. This group has gone from minor inconvenience to potential problem for the Empire. As the show has run, the Empire has stepped up they saw fit. When local officials could not handle it, they brought an agent, When it was discovered a Jedi was involved, they brought in an Inquisitor. And now that these rebels are known to be more focused in their strikes as opposed to other type groups, Governor Tarkin is now involved. We know at some point in the future the Rebel threat will grow to the point where the Emperor must assign Vader to hunt down the rebellion. It would have been unrealistic to send in Vader for what at first was a minor problem. It would be like sending in a SEAL team to take out a child throwing rocks at street lights.

Because Vader is needed by the Emperor for more important matters. You have to take that on faith because for the story to work, the Rebels have to deal with an enemy that is challenging, but beatable in a conflict. This group has gone from minor inconvenience to potential problem for the Empire. As the show has run, the Empire has stepped up they saw fit. When local officials could not handle it, they brought an agent, When it was discovered a Jedi was involved, they brought in an Inquisitor. And now that these rebels are known to be more focused in their strikes as opposed to other type groups, Governor Tarkin is now involved. We know at some point in the future the Rebel threat will grow to the point where the Emperor must assign Vader to hunt down the rebellion. It would have been unrealistic to send in Vader for what at first was a minor problem. It would be like sending in a SEAL team to take out a child throwing rocks at street lights.

Thats a great analogy. ;)

Ben

Thats a great analogy. ;)

Ben

The loophole would be that I believe obi-wan said Vader and the emperor hunted down and killed all the jedi. Not, vader, the emperor, and a PITA inquisitor. Once they verify it's a jedi they could very well send vader after them and it'd fit with the explanation above as well.

From what we saw earlier, the inquisitor can handle captured and chained up jedi - also, they seem awfully damned powerful for non-sith, non-jedi. I'd have to agree though, that they don't seem needed, really, other than a mechanism to have a bad guy force users without allowing them to have vader or the emperor.

The loophole would be that I believe obi-wan said Vader and the emperor hunted down and killed all the jedi. Not, vader, the emperor, and a PITA inquisitor.

No. According to http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html
What was said was...

LUKE
How did my father die?

BEN
A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who
was a pupil of mine until he turned
to evil, helped the Empire hunt down
and destroy the Jedi Knights. He
betrayed and murdered your father.
Now the Jedi are all but extinct.
Vader was seduced by the dark side
of the Force.

Even if that wasn't the exact quote the Inquisitor still fits because at the end of the day the Inquisitor is just a minion and is thus not worth mentioning whereas Vader is a chief lieutenant and figures much larger in the grand scheme of things. It's also not unreasonable to believe that Vader would have had help in hunting down the Jedi and not have hunted down every last Jedi personally, especially not by this point in time where there are very few remaining Jedi left in the galaxy and Vader would have been taking on more duties and responsibilities for the Emperor leaving him with a lot less time to go Jedi hunting which is where the Inquisitor would come in. Just think of it as along the same lines as saying the mayor and the chief of police in a city helped to reduce crime, we don't say that they did it along with their assistants, and rank & file cops yet we know that they didn't do it all by themselves.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Exactly.

An inquisitor is very much like the old EU Emperor's Hand except that their handling appears to be done by Vader instead of directly reporting to the Emperor.

Also, It not the first time we have seen Evil/mean/unpleasant/sort of crabby force users that are not considered Sith.

Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if secretly the Emperor consider the Inquisitors as possible replacement should something happen to Vader. And also would not be surprised that Vader may feel similar should something happen to the Emperor. Sort of a Force Unleashed type situation.

Also... Star Wars VII Spoiler...

There are rumors and speculation that the bad guy Kylo Ren is/was an inquisitor who was mentored by Vader. This may or not be the same Inquisitor from Rebels as we never heard his name. Also, the rumors say Inquisitors are the group running what is left of the Empire.

Take all that with a grain of salt. However it has been stated that Rebels will have ties to SW VII so who knows.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back