Alphonse Elric Foam Build - Complete

SirTysonius

First of all, I'd like to give a giant thank you to PepMaster for providing the plans to make this costume.

Without further ado:
IMG_0322.jpg

I'm really proud of how well this suit came out. All in all it took about four weeks of work to construct, with an extra smattering of hours for redesigns and tweaking.

Some posing:
IMG_0327.jpg

The suit is about 95 percent foam, the only non-foam parts are the loin-cloth and the pony tail of the helmet. I decided to go with hair instead of tassles and I think it looks better that way, though it was a nightmare to figure out how to shape it with a bend at the top. Eventually I settled on inserting some metal wire and gluing around it.

I tried to keep the suit as true to the manga as possible, though I could never get it 100 percent:
IMG_0320.jpg

I will be debuting this suit at Perth SupaNova in a months time. There are still a few areas to tweak and places I need to paint but overall very happy with it. It certainly was a joy to make and I look forward to getting many pictures taken with fellow con-goers.

One more pose. (It's my favourite picture):
IMG_0317.jpg

Cool, you're the third build I know of but the first to finish! At some point it would be cool to see some close up shots of the individual pieces.

I've done the upper torso and am currently working on scaling the arms.

Dean

Once SupaNova has passed I'll be recycling most of this suit to make into an Emperorgreymon costume from Digimon. I'll be sure to make a progress thread for that one.

Dear SirTysonius,

You Al is fabulous. I am planning on building my own Al.

I am in search of the pep files for Al so I can build my own. Do you have a link or a way for me to get a hold of PepMaster so I can obtain the files and build my own Alphonse?

TIA!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back