Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think they'd have hired on the original actors by now if that was the case....and cleaned up the car (again), etc, etc.

Until there's a preview, I don't buy it.

When the game came out, Aykroyd insisted that was the 3rd installment, because there wouldn't be a movie.

Okey dokey, I will. Because all we have are wholly unsubstantiated rumors and Dan Akroyd's pipe dreams. That's not by any possible definition of the term "a go." Not even close. You might as well say that the Robotech movie is "a go," for all the actual substantive movement on the project we've seen.

You know what Ghostbusters 3 is?

Ghostbusters 3 is in "Development Hell." Say. That could be a good thread title: "Ghostbusters 3 Development Hell Rumors."

Heard it all before from you, good sir. Goodbye, enjoy your time away from this thread, and have a nice day. Here's a song for you, and, oh, yeah... You've earned this...

about_crunch_bar_426x185.png

:D

Last edited:
But Ohio news affiliate WKYC (via ComingSoon) reports that Sony has penciled in a spring 2014 start date to begin production Ghostbusters 3 in Cleveland, likely taking advantage of a big film tax break that was also available to Captain America: The Winter Soldier recently. The studio has said there is nothing to report at this time, but that could just be a way of shutting the story down. Is Ghosbusters 3 shooting next year? You already know our stance as far as the excitement behind the gestating sequel is concerned.

I actually posted about that yesterday a page back. Channel 3 (WKYC) has since updated the story on their website to state that "Cleveland is being considered as a filming location for Ghostbusters III."

So it's time again to [continue to] take things with a grain of salt.

Besides, it sucks enough driving to work every day. While it's exciting that Hollywood is choosing Cleveland for their filming needs, the last thing I need is more movie detours and extra traffic. :sick

Um....... For the final time, unless there's a report that says that the production is cancelled, word from the mouth of the writers, director and producer....

View attachment 253842

If you have a problem with that, you are more than welcome to take it up with one of the mods or completely disregard this thread all together.

:lol After reading through this thread, I can't find anything to indicate the this movie is "a go", just a lot of rumors and Dan Akroyd's wishful thinking. But the misleading title did get me to look at the thread. ;)

I'm left hoping they can pull it together while the old crew is still able to, Bill or no Bill. Yes, it would be unfortunate not to have him in it, but if they ramp up the scares, and one liners, I think it'll be a fitting conclusion to a trilogy. Just do it guys.

Bill has a contract that states he has to be in any sequel to Ghostbusters. Unless he signs that right away, they can't make the film.

The conclusion to the trilogy is the video game.

....But it's a go, right?

;)

You know, for someone who said they had no hope for this project, and agreed that they weren't going to come back in and they were going to ignore this thread (and even reported me to the Mods, as I suggested if you had an issue with this thread. Good for you), you sure have the tendency to show up in here a lot. Kinda makes me think you love the idea of a GB3 and secretly awaiting for its arrival in theaters. :cool

Last edited:
You know, for someone who said they had no hope for this project, that they weren't going to come back in and they were going to ignore this thread (and even reported me to the Mods, as I suggested if you had an issue with this thread), you sure have the tendency to show up in here a lot. Kinda makes me think you love the idea of a GB3 and secretly awaiting for its arrival in theaters. :cool

1. I do have hope for this project: I hope it doesn't happen, because frankly I don't trust the suits behind it to do a good job, and I'd rather see nothing made than a crappy subsequent entry. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, though, and for this project to move ahead and be done in a fantastically entertaining way. I just don't really think that's gonna happen.

2. I didn't report YOU to the mods. I'd only do that if I thought you did something against the forum rules, and even then, I'd trust them to step in before I reported it anyway. I don't have anything against you, man. I just think the thread title is silly, which is why I reported it to request a title change. Not you. The thread title. It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

3. I just think it's absurd that we get these "updates" which usually amount to one of the following:

- [Comedic Actor] is being considered for a role in Ghostbusters 3.
- [Comedic Actor] is no longer being considered for a role in Ghostbusters 3.
- Dan Akroyd says he wants to do Ghostbusters 3 and has a bunch of stuff written.

And that this is supposed to suggest that the film is moving ahead. It isn't. It's dead in the water. You wanna call this thing "Ghostbusters 3 News," knock your socks off. But the thread title is, at this point anyway, wishful thinking. You can go ahead and cling to the idea that they're making progress with this film, but I've yet to see sod all to suggest it's anywhere other than development hell.

1. I do have hope for this project: I hope it doesn't happen, because frankly I don't trust the suits behind it to do a good job, and I'd rather see nothing made than a crappy subsequent entry. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, though, and for this project to move ahead and be done in a fantastically entertaining way. I just don't really think that's gonna happen.

2. I didn't report YOU to the mods. I'd only do that if I thought you did something against the forum rules, and even then, I'd trust them to step in before I reported it anyway. I don't have anything against you, man. I just think the thread title is silly, which is why I reported it to request a title change. Not you. The thread title. It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.

3. I just think it's absurd that we get these "updates" which usually amount to one of the following:

- [Comedic Actor] is being considered for a role in Ghostbusters 3.
- [Comedic Actor] is no longer being considered for a role in Ghostbusters 3.
- Dan Akroyd says he wants to do Ghostbusters 3 and has a bunch of stuff written.

And that this is supposed to suggest that the film is moving ahead. It isn't. It's dead in the water. You wanna call this thing "Ghostbusters 3 News," knock your socks off. But the thread title is, at this point anyway, wishful thinking. You can go ahead and cling to the idea that they're making progress with this film, but I've yet to see sod all to suggest it's anywhere other than development hell.

If this thread annoys you and my "wishful thinking" annoys you as well, then why keep coming back when all you have to do is not click on the thread link to bring you here whenever there is a new post in this thread? I mean, its easy to ignore the thread by not clicking on the thread link on the Entertainment Page whenever a new thread is posted (unless someone is quoting something you said in the topic, like how I have right here).

Last edited:
If this thread annoys you and my "wishful thinking" annoys you as well, then why keep coming back when all you have to do is not click on the thread link to bring you here whenever there is a new post in this thread? I mean, its easy to ignore the thread by not clicking on the thread link on the Entertainment Page whenever a new thread is posted (unless someone is quoting something you said in the topic, like how I have right here).

Because it's fun! :D

I hope Hill passes, if there's any truth to any of this. Ghostbusters doesn't need dick jokes.

I'd like to see Justin Long maybe tho

I hope Hill passes, if there's any truth to any of this. Ghostbusters doesn't need dick jokes.

I'd like to see Justin Long maybe tho

If there are any dick jokes, it's not because of Hill, it's because the writers put it in there.

But Justin Long, I could sort of see. I liked his performance in Live Free or Die Hard.

And also his frantic, crazy nerd from Galaxy Quest. At one point I thought Ryan Reynolds would have been good, but I haven't enjoyed his latest body of work. Perhaps Nathan Fillion...

Oh and I definitely would have been fine with Christina Ricci.

Rebooting Ghostbusters?!?

Oh, for Chrissakes!

I love Ghostbusters as much as the next guy but there is nothing here to build on. The entire GB franchise is made up of one movie worth remembering. That was 30 years ago. Its success was largely a product of the cast. It's been so ripped off in the last 30 years that it would feel like a retread to modern kids.

They should leave this one dead and try something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back