Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Wow. Dismissive Star Wars fan. What are the chances of that?
Sorry that sounded that way. I was making breakfast for my kids and I was a bit short.

Honestly, this plot point has rattled my brain for the last year. It didn't make sense to me at all.

What you've said makes sense, for sure. But you still have to make a leap to justify it.

And ultimately, I think that's to the detriment of the film.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry that sounded that way. I was making breakfast for my kids and I was a bit short.

Honestly, this plot point has rattled my brain for the last year. It didn't make sense to me at all.

What you've said makes sense, for sure. But you still have to make a leap to justify it.

It was entirely meaningless for the story being told in the film.

i think dimejinky99 meant that towards me, he must be miss understanding me. im not asking him negatively, why does everyone think i come off hostile? am i really a jerk when you read my posts? im really concerned that i come off as a jerk, do i?

i was really excited and concerned to know more about the map with R2D2. i am a HUGE r2 fan, and was disappointed with him in Ep7. JJ explained a little about that map scene after the release but i still felt ripped off... now dimejinky99 mentioned some new exciting stuff about the map, but i couldnt find this topic a few pages back. this is why i asked...

for the record not EVERYONE on the internet is a rude, sarcastic jerk. especially not myself, i was very excited to find out more about the R2 scene... thats all....

i think dimejinky99 meant that towards me, he must be miss understanding me. im not asking him negatively, why does everyone think i come off hostile? am i really a jerk when you read my posts? im really concerned that i come off as a jerk, do i?

i was really excited and concerned to know more about the map with R2D2. i am a HUGE r2 fan, and was disappointed with him in Ep7. JJ explained a little about that map scene after the release but i still felt ripped off... now dimejinky99 mentioned some new exciting stuff about the map, but i couldnt find this topic a few pages back. this is why i asked...

for the record not EVERYONE on the internet is a rude, sarcastic jerk. especially not myself, i was very excited to find out more about the R2 scene... thats all....
The funny thing about the net is that there are so many different standards. This place is great. It's informal and down to business. But fun. Much like a good bar conversation.

I was on a Macross forum years ago that was awful. It was all business. Your post would get deleted if it went slightly off topic and mentioning robotech was practically bannable.

No worries it's cool.

I love that Star Wars doesn't explain everything and leaves ample room for speculation. That's part of its wonder. And magic. Certainly would hate if it spoonfed us every point like other franchises.

For the record, your posts always strike me as friendly and adding something to the conversation. Not really sure why anyone would interpret you as hostile. I just think intention tends to get mangled sometimes due to the nature of forums — the Jundland Wastes of the internet!

- - - Updated - - -

No worries it's cool.

I love that Star Wars doesn't explain everything and leaves ample room for speculation. That's part of its wonder. And magic. Certainly would hate if it spoonfed us every point like other franchises.

Absolutely. It would easy to pick apart any Star Wars movie for lapses in logic. You have to willing to give them a certain amount of leeway in order to enjoy the ride.

Again, I think it comes dow to "Is it important for telling the story?". If the answer is no then it isn't included, edited out, or ignored entirely.

Haters are gonna hate I guess.

I'm certain Harrison Ford had say in his death scene. I found it very emotionally impactful and a necessary part of Kylo's (Ben's) journey to the dark side. Han was never going to pull a blaster on his son, that would have been rediculous.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You don't know me ! Not hating on Han Solo . Just loved the character and didn't want to see him go out like a chump. That's what people always say when someones opinion is different from theirs. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. So you liked the scene , good for you. I wouldn't call you a hater for that. I'm so sick of phrases like that. They mean nothing ! You probably loved the prequels, but I don't know you either, so I'll just say, to each his own ;-)

You don't know me ! Not hating on Han Solo . Just loved the character and didn't want to see him go out like a chump. That's what people always say when someones opinion is different from theirs. Your opinion is no more valuable than mine. So you liked the scene , good for you. I wouldn't call you a hater for that. I'm so sick of phrases like that. They mean nothing ! You probably loved the prequels, but I don't know you either, so I'll just say, to each his own ;-)
Alrighty than. Snowflake's feels are hurt.

My first post wasn't directed at you. You started it with your haters comment. I got your snowflake right here !

I don't think you've ever come off as a jerk, Danny. In fact, you're one of the friendliest and most positive posters around! Keep
it up buddy.

The funny thing about the net is that there are so many different standards. This place is great. It's informal and down to business. But fun. Much like a good bar conversation.
/QUOTE]

at most times. other times when you dare to be different, the claws come out and the demons and ghosts of the bar attack ;o)

watch, I'll show you.

feigbusters sucks!

---runs back away under cover...

oh hell, I'll do it again...

---feigbusters sucks!....

OK, I pushed my luck too far...

oh what the heck....;o)

didn't see this posted anywhere.
http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-new-rumors

- - - Updated - - -

iwhy does everyone think i come off hostile?

you my friend are the least hostile person here.

stop trying to take away my forum jerk award ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

Haters are gonna hate I guess.

I will say though.. I DO hate that phrase.

It's just an easy way for people to dismiss criticism and i cna see why folks get annoyed at it. stupid taylor swift ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

I will say though.. I DO hate that phrase.

It's just an easy way for people to dismiss criticism and i cna see why folks get annoyed at it. stupid taylor swift ;o)

That phrase is so 2015! It was meant in jest but I see I ruffled some feathers...

I also interpret these forums as a freindly bar conversation over beer. Just having fun.

thank you guys, i was going nuts there for a minute thinking i was coming off rude. appreciate the back up!

back on subject, i cant wait to see Luke's lightsaber!

Holy crap you guys are all PMSing today. :lol

I want to see Luke's lightsaber and I want to see him be a bad*ss. I don't want any OT dueling either, nor Prequel dueling. I want something in between that shows Luke has learned a lot in 40 years. I think, if you're trying to judge how the Jedi failed, which Luke probably has, I would remove all the flashy crap that fit in the Prequel era, and refine it. Kind of like what Bruce Lee did inventing Jeet Kune Do.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back