Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I'm a little late to the party, but I gotta say I was so pleasantly surprised after watching the video with how close the Starkiller V2 and the stencil runs worked. I personally prefer the it over the SH V2. Like SethS mentioned, I can always spot it. However now that we see there are some minute differences from the neck up, would it be worth doing another more acurized run or maybe just an upgraded emitter and nipple run? or are you guys planning on just acurizing your emitters on your own?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it now confirmed that the nipple is defenatly a seperate piece?now that we can see were the supposed screw is has anyone checked other photos were they can find the same paint markings and see if there is defenatly a set screw or if it's just paint?also ive had this photo for a while,it's supposedly the wood master and a metal casting of obi ones stunt saber in a new hope.if intact these are legit which they seem to be,you can see there's no nipple on the master or the casts,so if that is the case the v2 comes from a casting the same as the metal one in the Photo,it wouldn't have the nipple either %5Burl=https://postimg.org/image/y93pkjmy5/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s30.postimg.org/y93pkjmy5/IMG_1760.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Is it now confirmed that the nipple is defenatly a seperate piece?now that we can see were the supposed screw is has anyone checked other photos were they can find the same paint markings and see if there is defenatly a set screw or if it's just paint?also ive had this photo for a while,it's supposedly the wood master and a metal casting of obi ones stunt saber in a new hope.if intact these are legit which they seem to be,you can see there's no nipple on the master or the casts,so if that is the case the v2 comes from a casting the same as the metal one in the Photo,it wouldn't have the nipple either %5Burl=https://postimg.org/image/y93pkjmy5/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s30.postimg.org/y93pkjmy5/IMG_1760.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

not found :(

try uploading them again! I think I know the images your'e talking about and I agree. theres also a shadow around the nipple in these new shots, more than just a ridge, suggesting there still is the smallest of gaps. so far, we can see the set screw in the celebration photos and this new video (most likely)

Is it now confirmed that the nipple is defenatly a seperate piece?now that we can see were the supposed screw is has anyone checked other photos were they can find the same paint markings and see if there is defenatly a set screw or if it's just paint?also ive had this photo for a while,it's supposedly the wood master and a metal casting of obi ones stunt saber in a new hope.if intact these are legit which they seem to be,you can see there's no nipple on the master or the casts,so if that is the case the v2 comes from a casting the same as the metal one in the Photo,it wouldn't have the nipple either

Attachments

• IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 168
the WHOLE top moves together. Those parts aren't separate, or rather... cannot be separated.

- - - Updated - - -

this was posted a few pages back

..There's no GOLD, but it's not just black...

I was thinking something similar looking at the video as scrupulously as I was last night. It looks to have a tinge of brown (perhaps our fabled brass color) and grey, just darkened and dirtied to the point of almost matching the black paint elsewhere.

I think is copper paint overlayed with black giving a result if brownish black tone.
anyway I can't understand why someone that have the most mysterious lightsaber prop of the whole saga don't take some quality photos and share them.

I was thinking something similar looking at the video as scrupulously as I was last night. It looks to have a tinge of brown (perhaps our fabled brass color) and grey, just darkened and dirtied to the point of almost matching the black paint elsewhere.

I think is copper paint overlayed with black giving a result if brownish black tone.
anyway I can't understand why someone that have the most mysterious lightsaber prop of the whole saga don't take some quality photos and share them.

any special locations in the clip where you guys are seeing this?

I have been noticing it years ago from films. Lightsaber laying on emperor's chair shows some brownish tone. But I definitely appreciate it in the last clip of hamill holding the prop. Is subtle but in my opinion, is there.

any special locations in the clip where you guys are seeing this?

I think similarly of the painting technique but disagree about it being copper. This and the Shared Stunt both were made to look alike, resembling the Hero OWK, for stunt work so they would've both been made to resemble the original prop color-wise. I feel that it may have had a base coat of black first, then misted or washed in certain areas, the emitter and windvane/neck, with a dark brown to resemble the dirty brass on the real windvane.

I made some paint tests time ago and the mix of copper and black gives this brownish tone too.
but maybe you are right.
Anyway, the result appears not to be black.
Thinking on re painting mine. I will probably do some tests over my old master replicas before doing on my starkilker v2.
ill share the result.

I think similarly of the painting technique but disagree about it being copper. This and the Shared Stunt both were made to look alike, resembling the Hero OWK, for stunt work so they would've both been made to resemble the original prop color-wise. I feel that it may have had a base coat of black first, then misted or washed in certain areas, the emitter and windvane/neck, with a dark brown to resemble the dirty brass on the real windvane.

I thought it looked kinda' brown in this cap, but I'm not sure if it's just a trick of the light:

5235622.jpg

Because he isn't required to - it's his decision and he doesn't owe us anything. Plus, we don't know that he might have plans to release some pics eventually in a book or something.

I know he doesn't owe us anything, of course, but knowing the human being nature, is weird those pics haven't seen the light apiary from the conference display shots.
goid point about the possibility of a book.

Regarding the brown color, to my eyes, it repeats in every close shot of the v3 I've seen. I don't think is a trick of the light.
hopefuly someday we can clear our doubts with some HD photographs of the most mysterious lightsaber of the Star Wars saga.

I thought it looked kinda' brown in this cap, but I'm not sure if it's just a trick of the light:

View attachment 698308

Because he isn't required to - it's his decision and he doesn't owe us anything. Plus, we don't know that he might have plans to release some pics eventually in a book or something.

I know he doesn't owe us anything, of course, but knowing the human being nature, is weird those pics haven't seen the light apiary from the conference display shots.
goid point about the possibility of a book.

Regarding the brown color, to my eyes, it repeats in every close shot of the v3 I've seen. I don't think is a trick of the light.
hopefuly someday we can clear our doubts with some HD photographs of the most mysterious lightsaber of the Star Wars saga.

i think another reason for the some what distorted pictures at celebration 7 was maybe to prevent it being replicated 100%. with technology and all these smart and talented artist they could craft a pretty good fake. heck look at trooper trents stencils. i cant believe what a phenomenal job he did with them for only a select few pictures

i really do pray, brandon does make a prop book. that would be truly amazing for all of us

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back