Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Hey Oot!

I've got some 25mm diameter cabachons that might do if you're interested. 25mm wide, standing up about 8 to 10mm. Clear.

Hey man cool! Let me measure the eye disc up today I get back to you :)

Ok I totally had to google cabachon

Last edited:
oota, Great looking build, nice to see you back at it again.:cheers:cheers

If you are still looking for the swivel joints try searching for the Traxxas 1539R U-Joints Villain EX, they are about 12mm D and 26mm H

Last edited:
Smoke! Thanks man sorry I missed this post. thanks for the heads up (no pun intended) on the joints I'll follow that up. I've got some eyeballs travelling from Blax and I'm going to pick up a Bradley for parts so those joints will complete the package.

Pretty sure I'm going to mold the head now I'd like a light weight one to put some lights and maybe a cd tray in.

On another note I've still not completely given up on a full robot; it just wont go away! I've been looking at your build pics a bit, very impressive how quickly you put that thing together amazing!

oota, Great looking build, nice to see you back at it again.:cheers:cheers

If you are still looking for the swivel joints try searching for the Traxxas 1539R U-Joints Villain EX, they are about 12mm D and 26mm H

oota, It's not quite all together. Life as put a damper in getting it done, but as you stated this project just does not go away. I still need to get the fingers done and give it a paint (rust) job as well as mold and cast the head. I sculpted the head in three parts like the reference pics VinceVader provided with the intention of adding a CD tray and eyes that light up (red and amber) using leds. Even if I never put this thing on it looks pretty cool just standing in the corner of the room, it stands 260cm H and 132cm W with the shoulder armor on. The feet are 38cm W and 61cm long without the trailing arm and springs on the back.

oota, It's not quite all together. Life as put a damper in getting it done, but as you stated this project just does not go away. I still need to get the fingers done and give it a paint (rust) job as well as mold and cast the head. I sculpted the head in three parts like the reference pics VinceVader provided with the intention of adding a CD tray and eyes that light up (red and amber) using leds. Even if I never put this thing on it looks pretty cool just standing in the corner of the room, it stands 260cm H and 132cm W with the shoulder armor on. The feet are 38cm W and 61cm long without the trailing arm and springs on the back.

That's awesome!! If I ever get the thing finished I was contemplating a sit down/ deactivated version similar to the pawn shop in the film (Gigers?). It must look amazing up close :)

wow time flies. This arrived in the mail yesterday so I can begin to make the detail plates for the temples. It should give me an indication of how close in size I got too :)

20161223_133039.jpg

I haven't had much time for the ABC recently but I'm hoping to get back to him in a few weeks or so. I'm in no rush with this guy who knows how long it will take!

Last edited:
Blax sent me a link to a making of on you tube. I think this is on the DVD of the film but I had a quick flick through and noticed at about 9:55 there's this relief carving of the ABC warrior behind Joss Williams. Ha! Just when you think there isn't anymore things to be found about this most awesome robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0ANonxenE

agreed! Wish there were more pics of it.

well this thread is entering it's 6th year of life I still haven't finished a damned thing on the robot but maybe this year is the year! :)

Lol...I'm in the same boat, Oota...so many projects, too little time. I'm hoping to get some of them wrapped up this year, myself. I haven't even started an ABC project yet, but I hang out on this thread, to see what's going on, and mainly because I just love that big, ol' clunky guy! :D

Rob

Lol...I'm in the same boat, Oota...so many projects, too little time. I'm hoping to get some of them wrapped up this year, myself. I haven't even started an ABC project yet, but I hang out on this thread, to see what's going on, and mainly because I just love that big, ol' clunky guy! :D

Rob

I hear you must resist taking on new projects till old ones are finished. Yeah me too it's still an awesome design and every year that passes seems to make him more and more old fashioned somehow which I really like.

Hey if I ever mould the head I might do a short run and help kickstart your ABC build :p

I found not 1 or 2 but 3 ABC robots online yesterday! Amazing just when you think this robot is fading into obscurity it just keeps coming back :)

Here's a pic of a cosplay in Paris I think last year:

paris 2016.jpg

And another I think in Russia but I'm not sure:

russian abc.jpg

And finally a static display one from a Sci fi convention in Manchester last year:

love of sci fi manchester.jpg

This last one looks like it's got a golden armour head with a nicely made chest and shoulder pads. I wish there were more pics of this one it looks really good.

Last edited:
Stunning pics, Oot! I'd love to see the rest of the first costume and see how they handled the legs and feet.

Actually, must print out that pep file and have a go at building it. Been a while and I'd forgotten about it.

I think this might be in the list at the front of this thread but have a look here for 3d models;

hmc14_03.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning pics, Oot! I'd love to see the rest of the first costume and see how they handled the legs and feet.

Actually, must print out that pep file and have a go at building it. Been a while and I'd forgotten about it.

This link here has a few more pics of that first one you can just see the legs in one I think

https://instanonymous.com/t/abcwarrior

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back