Dragoncon 2017

I've started gathering materials for some new costumes for next year. Stephanie is excited to be part of the Matrix universe of next year. She was disappointed that we only had on cosplay that we actually we in coordinated costumes so for next year are going to have at least 3 that are from he same genre. Ive got lots of sewing to do.

hey, if anyone wants to give this a shot, im trying to plan out the paint scheme for my Deadpool armor and trying to figure out how to work with the specific parts im using since im combining SEVERAL different armor elements. i know that along the way i will be able to get it worked out but figured if anyone wanted to take a shot at it and help me with giving some starting points to work with and then i could fine tune it. anyway here are pics of the various parts: Mass Effect blood dragon helmet i started on but trying to get the eyes right Helmet paint concept.jpg the Carved Nordic armornordicscreenshot.jpg(which will have an arc reactor in the chest)
im doing the Genos Arms over a pair of winter soldier arms but the winter soldier arms will be all black with (eventually) red EL wire between each band in the arm structuremyarms.jpg and Metroid Varia legsmylegs.jpg im also going to be using the abdomen wrap and cod from the Varia suit becaus the nordic torso actually has cutouts in the foam design i made the paper edit from that will allow that to be shown. im adding assassins creed hidden blades to each forearm and mounting the Tron Legacy disc on the back of the Nordic torso

FYI...to all Dragoncon attendee's that have paid for your membership already...You might want to check and or keep an eye on your mailbox...there are a lot of people reporting that they have received there postcard...I just received mine...I thought I would give everyone the heads up, since this is a very important item when checking into Dragoncon...to get your badge...

14963153_1188916331189163_4778658604168500980_n.jpg

Got mine last week. I always keep them in the same spot in my closet so I won't lose them. I did a little dance when they arrived. Stephanie really thinks I'm silly over d-con but she knew I was a geek when she married me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine last week. I always keep them in the same spot in my closet so I won't lose them. I did a little dance when they arrived. Stephanie really thinks I'm silly over d-con but she knew I was a geek when she married me!

Hay,

Don't feel bad, I did the same dance...hahaha...

i started on the torso for my deadpool armor. im using the carved nordic armor that i posted the screenshot of in my previous comment. decided to go with a different leg than i was going to use though

Sweet...I just got back home from my holiday vacation in Miami for thanksgiving. I came home to 2 packages of fabric that I ordered from London for the Rey costume, and I found some rare fabric also for the costume while in Miami at JoAnn fabrics and was able to get 40% off with a coupon...yay...

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let me know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:
Inquisitor Pergrinus - Avatar
JamesBryan - Avatar

max headroom - Avatar
Parkersandquinn - Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm so busy with work I haven't been on the rpf in weeks. Where is everyone. I guess everyone is like me. Working crazy hours and no time to work on props and costumes. Bump to the top.

Man I'm so busy with work I haven't been on the rpf in weeks. Where is everyone. I guess everyone is like me. Working crazy hours and no time to work on props and costumes. Bump to the top.

Yeah, usually that's how it goes this time of year. Everyone's working, catching up with money and bills from Dragoncon, just to save up for Christmas....Then start all over again.

Personally I haven't worked on any costumes or props due to the fact that my car broke down, so I have to use my time to fix my cars...then I'll be back at it again...

Yeah, usually that's how it goes this time of year. Everyone's working, catching up with money and bills from Dragoncon, just to save up for Christmas....Then start all over again.

Personally I haven't worked on any costumes or props due to the fact that my car broke down, so I have to use my time to fix my cars...then I'll be back at it again...
That's how it works:/. Im probably not going to be able to attend even though I wanted too. Im going to StarWars Celebration though so I might see some of you there. Can't afford to hit up dragon con.

That's how it works:/. Im probably not going to be able to attend even though I wanted too. Im going to StarWars Celebration though so I might see some of you there. Can't afford to hit up dragon con.

Yeah, I can understand. Dragoncon can be expensive. This will be my 5th Dragoncon in a row, and it's not cheap...splitting hotels and such helps a lot on the wallet. If you plan on attending Star Wars Celebration in Orlando you might want to check out this feed...I'm trying to get an RPF meetup for that con as well. Thanks.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260585

One of the reasons for me for not attending DragonCon yet is because of the setbacks I've had in many ways,and yet did some real fruitful treasure hunting when it comes to files for my current project and future Marvel builds.I found a basic helmet shape and musclesuit file to use for all future builds,and a very important model for (Marvel's) the Beetle's carapace.Hours and hours of unfolding and yet practically none spent on foam building,and having to give up my old armor parts for 'recycling' had me nearly despondent.I guess in that sense I have to start over,but the new found file material should pay off.One step back,two steps forward.

Last edited:
It's been a little quite on here, so I'm just going to post a reminder.

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let me know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:
Inquisitor Pergrinus - Avatar
JamesBryan - Avatar

max headroom - Avatar
Parkersandquinn - Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
Still gathering info and sorting out the stuff that I am collecting for the new costumes. Hope to drop my sewing machine off this weekend to have it tuned up and have a broken spring replaced. That will help me make some serious progress on her dress. I hope everyone else is having a good new year.

Still gathering info and sorting out the stuff that I am collecting for the new costumes. Hope to drop my sewing machine off this weekend to have it tuned up and have a broken spring replaced. That will help me make some serious progress on her dress. I hope everyone else is having a good new year.

That's good...Yeah I'm going to have to bust out the sewing machine as well and finish some costumes hopefully in time for Star Wars Celebration...

The Wifey and I will be going to Dragon con this year! What are the best hotels to get for the weekend? It's one of the cons we've always wanted to go to but haven't yet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back