Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

So their evaporation technology is a thousand times better than ours, but their filtration tech is worse?

So their evaporation technology is a thousand times better than ours, but their filtration tech is worse?

Must be.....they are everywhere in Star Wars

The liquid water on the planet that the Erso 's were living on could be toxic

Who knows,.....all I'm saying is.....nobody can make up rules of how stuff works in Star Wars apart from LFL,.....if it's there.....there's a reason for it to be there

it must b easier to set up a base in a unpopulated area with no water infrastructure with vaparators no matter what climate

J

In that scene he also has only one rank bar instead of two, and one data cylinder.

I think the wrinkliness was just because it was wet, though.

I think he was wearing his standard white, but he had an off-white poncho like outfit over it that partially covered his front and also acted as a cape at the back. It was made from waterproof canvas looks like.

03-58-00-star-wars-rogue-one-ben-mendhelson-1200x520.jpg

Last edited:
Who knows. Maybe they got some cheap vaporators from scavengers.

Does it matter? Nitpicking and obsessing about such things rather than enjoying the film for its visual splendor?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But the biggest design fail was having krennic show up at the beginning with the same costume, shuttle and squad of troopers that he would have ten years later. Big fail on that.

As far as Krennic goes, different rank bars, Imperial cog on hat instead of the OT code disk. The white tunic and black pants is consistent with his military career throughout Catalyst.

With you on the Death Troopers being the same. Perhaps more traditional TK armor in the beginning and Death Troopers through the rest of the movie.

Who knows. Maybe they got some cheap vaporators from scavengers.

Does it matter? Nitpicking and obsessing about such things rather than enjoying the film for its visual splendor?
I've already posted that I enjoyed the film (twice so far). Discussion of any particular minor matter is not the same as bashing the film. Nitpicking is what we do here, if you haven't noticed. ;)

Saw it last night. Although I thought it was good, it didnt blow my mind like some people here. I thought it was overwhelmingly dark, I could barely see things in most scenes. Kinda thought the acting was wooden, I was sadder that the droid died than the human characters, and Donnie Yens character was SUPER predictable. The effects were great, loved the ship battles, and oh my god. There are 2 things I could watch a full length movie of, spiderman swinging through the city, and Darth Vader kicking ass. The end was by far the best part.

And whoever said that was vaders body in the background of one of the on set photos was right. Good call. You can tell James Earl Jones is getting old, but I thought the Vader stuff was glorious. Also thought the CGI Peter Cushing was really well done, but the leia one was meeehhh pretty uncanny valley. Tarkin looked great though.

Maybe this has been explained, but wasnt the pilot guy supposed to go crazy after that leech monster thing sucked on him? He seemed fine to me, after being out of it for a bit.

I also thought it was good that everyone died, so not only can there not be a sequel, but it solidifies their sacrifice when they mention it ANH. Still liked TFA awakens more though. :)
NeoRutty The girl I went with liked it, so I guess she gets a third date. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it last night. Although I thought it was good, it didnt blow my mind like some people here. I thought it was overwhelmingly dark, I could barely see things in most scenes. Kinda thought the acting was wooden, I was sadder that the droid died than the human characters, and Donnie Yens character was SUPER predictable. The effects were great, loved the ship battles, and oh my god. There are 2 things I could watch a full length movie of, spiderman swinging through the city, and Darth Vader kicking ass. The end was by far the best part.

And whoever said that was vaders body in the background of one of the on set photos was right. Good call. You can tell James Earl Jones is getting old, but I thought the Vader stuff was glorious. Also thought the CGI Peter Cushing was really well done, but the leia one was meeehhh pretty uncanny valley. Tarkin looked great though.

Maybe this has been explained, but wasnt the pilot guy supposed to go crazy after that leech monster thing sucked on him? He seemed fine to me, after being out of it for a bit.

I also thought it was good that everyone died, so not only can there not be a sequel, but it solidifies their sacrifice when they mention it ANH. Still liked TFA awakens more though. :)
@NeoRutty The girl I went with liked it, so I guess she gets a third date. :D

The look of Donnie Yen's character really bothered me in the trailer. Oddly, didn't bother me at all in the movie.

His fight with the stormtroopers though, it looked way too Hong Kong action movie. It took me out enough that at that moment I was actually thinking of your posts in the pre release thread. Thankfully he didn't do it again. I felt that fight could've looked a bit more organic.

The look of Donnie Yen's character really bothered me in the trailer. Oddly, didn't bother me at all in the movie.

His fight with the stormtroopers though, it looked way too Hong Kong action movie. It took me out enough that at that moment I was actually thinking of your posts in the pre release thread. Thankfully he didn't do it again. I felt that fight could've looked a bit more organic.

2 things that I thought during his scenes. First thing,exactly what you said, Hong Kong action movie. I was thinking about what I said too, totally took the immersion away. Agreed. Second thing, why the HELL do stormtroopers wear armor if it doesnt protect them from ANYTHING. Blasters, I get, its just plastic, but a stick to the head or chest? Cmon. I have seen dudes LARPing at comic con that take harder hits and walk away just fine.

Also the part where he was walking towards the switch then not getting shot...bugged me.

Also the part where he was walking towards the switch then not getting shot...bugged me.

I think this part is fine. These are people that are closer to the force than most (although not jedi) Obviously he was force sensitive since he could see things, etc. I don't think it is out of order that as focused as he was we some shots miss him so he could get the job done.

I think this part is fine. These are people that are closer to the force than most (although not jedi) Obviously he was force sensitive since he could see things, etc. I don't think it is out of order that as focused as he was we some shots miss him so he could get the job done.

That bit didn't bother me either, for the same reason.

I think trooper armour is only there now to make them feel better about essentially being cannon fodder. Gives them the illusion they have a chance!

re:The homestead on Lah'mu - The visual dictionary says the groundwater is not for drinking due to abundant chemicals and minerals in the soil.

am I the only one who thought he should have successfully used the force to push the lever?

Die successfully using the force with a smile on his face?

am I the only one who thought he should have successfully used the force to push the lever?

Die successfully using the force with a smile on his face?

I thought the whole point was that he fervently believed in the Force, but was not Force-sensitive so he gained his mad skillz all on his own. Wouldn't that have undercut everything awesome he did in the film prior if it turned out that he was FS all along?

I thought the whole point was that he fervently believed in the Force, but was not Force-sensitive so he gained his mad skillz all on his own. Wouldn't that have undercut everything awesome he did in the film prior if it turned out that he was FS all along?

He was force sensitive - he could see the force darkly around Cassian when he was planning to snipe Papa Erso. He could not USE the force to do stuff though.

I had the opposite feeling... it made me want to see them MORE... they felt more like characters in a Star Wars universe than the ones in this movie....

But like I said in my post, it ALL depends on the tone you want in your Star Wars...

Is it a war movie... a gritty, violent, drama in space?

or is a fantasy soap opera in space with knights and princesses and wizards?

Agreed. Maybe I am just feeling it because R1 is fresh right now.

Chirrhut, as one whose force sensitive, taking down stormtroopers makes a lot more sense than ewoks taking them out with wooden sticks and rocks. Imperial armor I would think is probably most effective against blaster fire. A modern soldier with full body armor isn't invulnerable to a guy with a spear, for example.

I didn't have a problem with his eastern fighting style either. After all folks like Darth Maul were already doing wushu with wires which was way more "Hong Kongy" than here (other than the fact that he's played by a Chinese man). Even Rey in The Force Awakens took out multiple opponents with a staff. I'd expect no less from this guy.

I do like the concept of him being force-sensitive without having to be an academy-trained Jedi.

Last edited:
I haven't felt this obsessed with a Star Wars film since ESB. Sure, I've been obsessed with the toys, the merch, the props from the films (especially TFA) but the film, ie. the story and everything up on the screen itself? Not in a long time. It's such a good feeling. I don't feel like I have to convince myself I like this film like I did with TFA to the deal with all the derivative aspects. Can't wait to see it again.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back