Death Star Prop Exact proprtions

worldkiller

Hi guys, long time lurker.

Does anyone know the exact proportions of the death star Laser disc (and possibly also trench?) on the prop? I'm asking because...reasons.

Ah, that's useful for reference although it seems like they're mostly trying to caculate out the real size, not the exact proportions of the model. I've been eyeballing things and trying to reverse-engineer stuff a bit. I think I cut my equatorial trench a *hair* too big, but I think it's close enough.

Reconstructing the laser dish was a surprising pain in the ass. It's got a lot more detail on it than you might think at first glance. I'm still creating the little bits that go around it's equator that anchor it to the death star surface.

the textures are extremely crude guides, and stolen from work done by an ILM employee besides. But I'm going to re-create them from scratch after I finish the actual modeling.

death star render 1.jpeg

I'd check here for the info, he's got a lot of measurements of the 1:1 prop:

Sorry to be blunt (regarding the OP), but here we have another first time poster seemingly signing up to essentially ask for hand-outs...

To the OP - who are you? Where are you going with this? What exactly does "I'm asking because...reasons" mean? And this too, "the textures are extremely crude guides, and stolen from work done by an ILM employee"...

I'm sorry - its not my nature to be negative on the RPF or to antagonize, but the posting in this thread - at least to me - is a bit suspicious and disconcerting.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back