D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I'm sorry but they are just wasting Tom Felton by making him the obvious Alchemy. He could/should have been a nice point/counter point to Barry. Them butting heads in the lab in a begrudging dislike/respectful way could have been awesome for a few seasons to come. Also yeah Wally is a speedster. Now what? The character is still a whiner and still not interesting. Other than that a pretty solid episode with the emotion of Barry/Caitlin/Sysco and even Joe. Also glad so see they gave HR something to do besides rehash what's already been said.

I think I set a post record for / use. Go Me.:D

Oustanding. We all knew the reveal was coming, at least it is out of the way. I love how they arent afraid to change things up, and the callbacks to what has caused this season and the honesty within the show about it is amazing. Really, really enjoyable.

I'm sorry but they are just wasting Tom Felton by making him the obvious Alchemy. He could/should have been a nice point/counter point to Barry. Them butting heads in the lab in a begrudging dislike/respectful way could have been awesome for a few seasons to come. Also yeah Wally is a speedster. Now what? The character is still a whiner and still not interesting. Other than that a pretty solid episode with the emotion of Barry/Caitlin/Sysco and even Joe. Also glad so see they gave HR something to do besides rehash what's already been said.

I think I set a post record for / use. Go Me.:D

agreed.

I'm not really a fan of HR. He's a one note annoyance. and would probably get boring to play after a while. But the other two Wells where awesome.

Agreed on the point counter point stuff.
This is just one excuse to have things go back to the way they where after they get rid of him with a temporary change. They already fixed the Iris issue.
Only one left would be the tougher cisco one, but i kind of miss happy cisco. i'm not digging boring angry cisco.

And yeah on the wally front. I can't like him at all. he was whiny and confrontational from the start. then does a complete 180, and now we're supposed to be happy he's a speedster? he's still whining about helping barry instantly.

ugh.

Can someone provide some comic background on Savatar? As a non-comic person it looks as if it's Zoom on steroids. They way he ran him all over beating him up was basically the exact same thing zoom did short of breaking his back or whatever at the end.

As for ALchemy - most people called it after both had appeared on screen the first time. The reveal didn't need to be big, nor could it since everyone pretty much knew weeks ago.

Perhaps getting everything all out in the open will let everyone move on and get back to their happy spots. Didn't barry also offer to tell them what the differences were and they all opted to not know? I kept waiting for him to say 'i offered to tell you when i got here'...but he didn't and it wouldn't really fit either because he also blames himself and this simply feeds the guilt. I have a feeling part of the season resolution is him finally accepting it's not really his fault.

I'm going to have to suffer through a episode of Arrow? not to mention supergirl?

ugh.

Question.

Is this super depressing origin for Arrow a new 52 thing?

I don't remember Olly in JL and JLU having this super depressing origin story about his father having to murder himself and someone else in order to survive.
To me, Arrow isn't a tragic figure. he's more a buck rodgers happier batman type.

having depressing moody heroes is ok. i just don't think arrow is one of them based on what i was introduced too..
Seeing that preview just gave me a soap opera vibe to it for some reason.

As far as the actual flash episode. I'm still not a fan of HR. having him around for anything but humor makes no sense. and why would he be qualified to train wally?

the rest of it was OK. Superman and Super girl on screen is nice, even if one was playing the Atom.

I didn't follow who the Legends characters where. their costumes and powers didn't impress me at all..and one seemed psychotic to the point of 'why is he there?'..and not in a funny way. just kind of sad.

all in all, it was still better done than BvS....even if they had to have the characters fight each other (yawn..tired trope).

I've never cared for ARROW. I only DVRed that episode for the crossover. Found myself fast-forwarding through all that "Oliver's other life" stuff and just watching the stuff with Flash and Supergirl.

I gave up on Legends after last season, found it horribly boring. Again, just watched it for the crossover. Who is the "Captain America" type-guy? My God, what an AWFUL costume!! CW definitely needs new costume designers. Their original costumes are more hokey than BIBLEMAN (anybody remember that one? Search for it on Youtube--you'll regret it!)

I didn't follow who the Legends characters where. their costumes and powers didn't impress me at all..and one seemed psychotic to the point of 'why is he there?'..and not in a funny way. just kind of sad.
Was explained in S1 of Legends that all of the legends were chosen because they didn't matter to history. They were expendables, but still had various skills needed to sneak through history. Rory came as a pair with Snart, they were both muscle and thieves, useful for their missions. Then Snart died, and Rory sticked around, having nothing else to do anyway...
And I'm damn glad he did, because I really like his humour in Legends (not in this crossover though), he has few lines usually, but some of them, sometimes, are really funny without trying to hard to be. Works well for me.

I've never cared for ARROW. I only DVRed that episode for the crossover. Found myself fast-forwarding through all that "Oliver's other life" stuff and just watching the stuff with Flash and Supergirl.

I gave up on Legends after last season, found it horribly boring. Again, just watched it for the crossover. Who is the "Captain America" type-guy? My God, what an AWFUL costume!! CW definitely needs new costume designers. Their original costumes are more hokey than BIBLEMAN (anybody remember that one? Search for it on Youtube--you'll regret it!)

The Flash costume has grown on me.
Red Tornado in Supergirl was SO bad.
Overall they're about what I'd expect from TV shows.

Legends bores me too.
Arrow I haven't taken much of an interest in either.

Flash is losing me this season as well.

I think the best way to keep the DC shows fresh is to have some movie crossovers. I guess any hope of that was lost when they brought Superman into Supergirl though.

The character I can't stand the most across all of these shows is Felicity. I don't know why... but she grate son me. Is she hot. Is she a nerd. She dresses like a computer convention prostitute (I'm stealing that line from Modern Family). Her personality is just too enthusiastic, like the gothy girl from one of the CSI shows... or is it NCIS... doesn't matter, they're both awful.

Ok... I'm stepping off my soapbox now. [drops the mic]

what little i've seen of felicity, i don't mind. just basically the female cisco.

So, I Saw the begining with Flash, and the finale with Legends. i didn't feel like i missed much skipping supergirl and arrow.

Nice to see them use legends to tie up the cisco loose end. I REALLY miss enthusiastic cisco, and mopey cisco is just boring.
What I see of Arrow in Flash is likeable, but on his own show, the previews make him seem like a moody, boring batman clone.

The Brandon Routhe cousin line was a GREAT movie in joke throw away line. and he delivered it perfectly.
I kind of wish there was a reciprical with kara saying something about him. maybe at the same time :)

From the Flash episode to the Legends episode, it BLEW Batman V superman out of the water. Smiles everywhere. Jokes a plenty. good enough action on a TV budget (copying avengers running shot not withstanding).

I really wish the movies could capture some of this magic. cause the tv people for the most part get it.

Although I DID groan at ANOTHER woman president. come on hollywood ;o).

Although the lady and flame thrower guy exchanging the 'hot' line was rather funny and true :)

what little i've seen of felicity, i don't mind. just basically the female cisco.

So, I Saw the begining with Flash, and the finale with Legends. i didn't feel like i missed much skipping supergirl and arrow.

Nice to see them use legends to tie up the cisco loose end. I REALLY miss enthusiastic cisco, and mopey cisco is just boring.
What I see of Arrow in Flash is likeable, but on his own show, the previews make him seem like a moody, boring batman clone.

The Brandon Routhe cousin line was a GREAT movie in joke throw away line. and he delivered it perfectly.
I kind of wish there was a reciprical with kara saying something about him. maybe at the same time :)

From the Flash episode to the Legends episode, it BLEW Batman V superman out of the water. Smiles everywhere. Jokes a plenty. good enough action on a TV budget (copying avengers running shot not withstanding).

I really wish the movies could capture some of this magic. cause the tv people for the most part get it.

Although I DID groan at ANOTHER woman president. come on hollywood ;o).

Although the lady and flame thrower guy exchanging the 'hot' line was rather funny and true :)

That's the thing. They know their characters and how to make the jokes seem natural. Everything in the DCU seems very forced. Especially with humor. The early JLA trailer/teaser/whatever had the same issue. Humor was nearly non-existant in bvs, and overly forced in those trailers. Just let it be natural. It's why it works on tv and for marvel.

"Great....Saved by geeks" was great because it was so in-character (as an example). The big tough guy would be upset that he got captured and saved by geeks. Funny and true. Natural.

I love the Flash from episode I. I must say with most of this season, the very unimpressive Felton and more importantly Savatar that this show seems to be heading into fonzie on skis area. This season as a whole besides the very well done episode with Killer Frost and Barry bringing her back has been on a steady fall. I find myself now looking at Wally as a very interesting speedster and looking forward to his arc where as Barry's arc is getting weaker. That is just my opinion but I must say this season is all over the place and has no legs.

Last edited:
Awesome episode. Once you get into these shows, it gets a bit easier to let the story play out as a comic book would. Not every page in a comic book lands, but overall you come away enjoying the story etc.

In that vain, they have sped up "solutions" as such - but then they were making cold guns and such in season 1 on a whim anyway.

But I bloody love this show. It nags on the heart strings, makes you wonder about things unfolding, and keeps you guessing.

So...technically Savitar isn't a god. He just believes he is, because he inspires/creates worship.

One falls.
One betrays Barry (Savitar speaking directly to Barry at that point).
One suffers a fate worse than death.

People in the room were...

Barry
Joe
Iris
Julian (possibly discounted as he was the conduit)
Cisco
Caitlin
Wally
HR (referred to as Fake Wells by Savitar...interesting)

Thoughts?

Betray

I think Julian betrays Barry - they strike up a much stronger friendship as the season progresses, but eventually, he betrays him in the final fight because he still believes that Savitar can save his sister. And ergo probably no Tom Felton in Season 4.

Falls

I reckon even though it is on the nose, Caitlin falls. I think at some point they are going to go full Killer Frost - possibly linked into Julian if they strike up a relationship, and his betrayal breaks her - she is the one that kills Julian.

Fate worse than Death

And I think Wally will suffer a fate worse than death. I believe he will be lost in the Speed force and wiped from everyone's memories, New 52 style. Whilst fighting alongside Barry, something massive happens, and he is lost in the speedforce. Season 4 will have a subplot of how Wally breaks back into the real world and restores Barry's memory of him, but only Barry remembers truly (if they recreated the Rebirth Wally/Barry scene that would be amazing, I'd be crying like a baby)

And all that speculation without even considering who Savitar might be from the future that Barry caused. Must admit, Eddie Thawne was a thought there, but doesnt fit very well unless you go into a lot more about where he ends up after being sucked into the singularity.

I love the Flash from episode I. I must say with most of this season, the very unimpressive Felton and more importantly Savatar that this show seems to be heading into fonzie on jet skis area.

Fonzie was never on jet skis. Just regular ones! :lol

If you think about it, Fonzie was probably the first meta human. After all he did have mind control over women. And by snapping his fingers he could control inanimate objects.

If you think about it, Fonzie was probably the first meta human. After all he did have mind control over women. And by snapping his fingers he could control inanimate objects.

So, do I have Fonzi to blame, for the existence of Coily?

- - - Updated - - -

And all that speculation without even considering who Savitar might be from the future that Barry caused. Must admit, Eddie Thawne was a thought there, but doesnt fit very well unless you go into a lot more about where he ends up after being sucked into the singularity.

I was kind of hoping the time reset would have caused not only Earth Primes Harrison wells to be re instated, but also eddie as well.
But i guess that would have changed things tooo much.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back