Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Fitting them in is one concern I have. I am hoping that a slight tweaking of the bulkheads around the nav computer area and some trimming of the corners here and there will yield enough room to cram them in without compromising the overall effect. If not then at least it will be an exercise in design and detailing.

Bill

Bill, here are a couple of photos of my Falcon showing the interior on the mount plate and the top hull frame resting on the supports in the correct place. I honestly cannot see how both the correct size gun turret interior and the hold could be included, there's just not enough space.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Bill, here are a couple of photos of my Falcon showing the interior on the mount plate and the top hull frame resting on the supports in the correct place. I honestly cannot see how both the correct size gun turret interior and the hold could be included, there's just not enough space.

View attachment 665149View attachment 665148

It'll be a real challenge to be sure. Not saying I can definitely do it, bit til I have it all in hand and see what can be moved around without being too outta whack, I'm going to keep thinking up some way of at least enlarging the well some. I also notice the ladder entry is 90 degrees out of place. Really messes with the mind.

Thanks for posting those pics BTW Trimotor (sorry I failed to thank you earlier) They do give me some insight and I think a little hope. I've tried to guestimate based on your pics where the wall behind the Nav comp sits under the well and I think it's almost exactly where the raised portion of the set floor is at the back of the well. There is a curved track that the seat rides on that is about halfway up the octogon wall, that's approximately where you're showing the back wall behind the computer. Here is a rough image showing where I THINK it sits. Keep in mind this is sitting in the window upside down. I just placed it for fit.

modified%20well_zps0avrm7o8.jpg

And this kind of shows the track I'm talking about at the back of the well. I think that MIGHT be about where the bulkhead will sit. I may have to trim the top of the wall slightly but it's tucked underneath the turret anyway so isn't really visable from what I can see. I'd just need to figure out the wall on the side of the comp. It has a notch already, I just don't think it's low enough. Might could be cut down and still work.

02518-luke-millennium-falcon-super-169_zpsecj8vxtm.jpg

scifimodels, Wow!, that's some seriously intricate work mate!:). I'm guessing for components that fine, you'd have to use an airbrush when painting and weathering right? Unfortunately I don't have one as yet, but there's still time ( only up to #27 here in Oz )...great work though! . Ged

Has anyone looked into the idea of (it wouldn't be in my skill set) fabricating something like a concave 'X' bracket that could be bolted inside the lower frame via the wall mount holes that would relocate a mounting point out the lower turret window?

It's an item I would definitely be interested in.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into the idea of (it wouldn't be in my skill set) fabricating something like a concave 'X' bracket that could be bolted inside the lower frame via the wall mount holes that would relocate a mounting point out the lower turret window?

I've been toying with the very same idea.
I don’t think it would be too difficult to do. You'd probably not be able to install the interior hold, but I'm still undecided about that anyway.

I think if a metal within the thickness of one of the 'ribs' (maybe more) was stiff enough, you could still use the hold. There may have to be a hole or notch here and there for the interior supports to go through.

The path from the center to the mount holes fall between ribs. So, I assume you have a least that thickness to use.

I would think the 'concave' part would be the toughest. Obviously, a flat bracket would be easiest to make, but then I don't see how you would be able to use the hold.

I am going to mount mine on a wall with a asteroid "frame" I am hoping to mount the "free gift" mount inside, rather than out and extend the arm of the mount out the escape pod,where the filming model had one of its many mounting points. Since the they are using a TV mount it must be VESA compliant so one should be able to find different types of mounts with the same attach points on the Deag Falcon. Hopefully

I can across someone on the facebook page that said he was doing just that and may offer to sell it, but i have not seen it as of yet.

When does that TV mount arrive? I think I'm going to use it to actually mount a TV.

TazMan2000

Ditto. My guess would be the final shipment.

What issue is the most current if I may ask? Im at 70ish. I want to make a call and pay to get me up to speed.

I should be receiving Month 21, issues 81-84 next week sometime.

TazMan2000
I'll be getting my 20th shipment in October. I'm at issue 76. After my October shipment, 5 more shipments to go. 20 issues left in my subscription. I haven't started building it yet, but I'm going to miss getting these monthly shipments once it's over. I bought the binders for all my issues, but I may end up having them bound into several volumes after building the kit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back