Working replica DL-44 blaster video

Riceball

Master Member
I figure this should interest a number of you, renown speed shooter Jerry Miculek shows off his incredible shooting skills with one of 4 known working DL-44 replicas. According to the video, it's an exact replica Han's DL-44 from Empire and is based on war time .30 Mauser body, I don't know enough about these to tell one way or the other how true his statement is but it looks pretty good to me.

Here's an article that talks a little more about it as well showing some pics of it. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/15/mauser-blaster-of-han-solo/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my build, but a weird article you found. Showing pics of the shooting illustrated one on an incorrect Mauser, etc. I don't get the point of that article really...

That's my build, but a weird article you found. Showing pics of the shooting illustrated one on an incorrect Mauser, etc. I don't get the point of that article really...

What's wrong with the Mauser in the Shooting Illustrated article? I've been gathering info for my own live fire build for awhile now and I'm having a hard time finding or figuring out which specific C96 variants were used on the screen used props.

What's wrong with the Mauser in the Shooting Illustrated article? I've been gathering info for my own live fire build for awhile now and I'm having a hard time finding or figuring out which specific C96 variants were used on the screen used props.

The variant is wrong, the grips are wrong, the grill is wrong, the bull barrel is wrong,the mystery disk area is completely wrong... That's what I know off the top of my head. Scott would be able to tell you more though. After looking at the article again it seems like just everything is wrong but the scope mount... And even then, it isn't weathered properly if you care about that sort of thing.

The mauser is the wrong variant too. There's a huge thread on here with everything you ever wanted to know about the original prop. Many pages, but worth reading every single one.

It looks like that guy may have just drilled all the way through the receiver and put a nut on there as the mystery disk...lol

The mauser is the wrong variant too. There's a huge thread on here with everything you ever wanted to know about the original prop. Many pages, but worth reading every single one.

Link to the specific thread? I've seen a couple, but not sure which is the best

Btw, I haven't worked my way through all the DL 44 threads yet so I don't know if you guys have discussed this or not.

There's some ESB "behind the scenes" footage that shows there were two "live" blank firing Mauser blasters used in the scene where Han shoots at Darth Vader at the dinner.

The snippet shows Ford draw and fire one shot. The blank effect is quite visible and bolt locks back. Ford drops the prop and is immediately handed a second blaster prop by a crew member. He first one shot from that prop blaster and again, the blank effect can be seen and the bolt locks back. He drops that prop and the crew member throws a rubber blaster towards Vader.

If you guys have discussed this, cool. If not, I'll find that blooper/behind the scenes video again and post it

Btw, I haven't worked my way through all the DL 44 threads yet so I don't know if you guys have discussed this or not.

There's some ESB "behind the scenes" footage that shows there were two "live" blank firing Mauser blasters used in the scene where Han shoots at Darth Vader at the dinner.

The snippet shows Ford draw and fire one shot. The blank effect is quite visible and bolt locks back. Ford drops the prop and is immediately handed a second blaster prop by a crew member. He first one shot from that prop blaster and again, the blank effect can be seen and the bolt locks back. He drops that prop and the crew member throws a rubber blaster towards Vader.

If you guys have discussed this, cool. If not, I'll find that blooper/behind the scenes video again and post it

We did just about the same thing in the video. We fired using the real Mauser and then used a cheap plastic copy to throw and catch.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back