Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

The armor is always the same size. Shorter people (like me) take more plastic off to make pieces shorter to fit. If you are taller you just have slightly larger gaps of black bodysuit showing but it's usually not noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a nice set but does not look that accurate.

It looks more accurate than my FX kit.

Last edited:
It looks more accurate than my FX kit.

That is exactly what I said. It is not as sharp as an RS suit but the details and shape are way better than the armor produced 15 years ago when I bought my original FX. Plus for the cost it is THE into level suit that is light years better than suits at twice the price.

Apparently it needs repeating everytime one of ANOVOS' pre-orders goes live... The picture is not the actual finished product, but a placeholder, proof-of-concept image. So before anyone goes blasting details of that picture. That's not what you get. Read the write-up. All the hard parts for their costumes are laser-scanned from original pieces in the Lucasfilm Archives, 3D printed, and then those prints cleaned up to make forming bucks. They will be as close as possible to the original pieces, while still being durable, wearable costumes. The soft parts are fabric- and color-matched to original pieces and/or reference.

--Jonah

Is there a quantity limited to the pre order? In other words once they reach 1000 sets it stops or do they only cut it off on May 4th at that price?

I'm probably going to go with RS or TM, I think in this situation I would rather avoid feeling like I could have done better. Nothing against Anovos, I've had nothing but positive interactions with them and their products look top notch, I would just hate to find myself wishing I had gone with something else come December.

Now to contact TM... does anyone know how long it usually takes to get approved for the FISD forum? I've been waiting for like a week and a half and nobody has responded... I just wanna be a stormy... :-/

I already have 4 suits and need another like I need another hole in my head.

With the low price of $350 I would be foolish to pass that up, just wont tell my wife. Hell I am spending more on 2 Hot Toys 12" Stormtroopers.

I believe this will be similar to the cleaned up GF suit from years ago, still has the overall shape and proportions but has all the bumps and imperfections cleaned up, maybe a loss of some sharp edges.

Broke. This is on my bucket list (ha! bucket...) but not gonna happen. Broke as Frak.

I will have to bite the bullet and buy a kit at full price down the line.

It would be interesting to know how big the armorparts are.I´m a bodybuilder so I would need bigger parts for my legs and arms.I have a updated FX with an accurate helmet and some other parts made from the same ABS...but perfect armorparts with more space would be nice to have!:)

I would be interested to see the inside of the suit ie all the strapping and webbing and buckles and Velcro and so forth. I know from years of trooping, getting the inside right is very very important. I've spent years tweeking the inner works of my armor for the most comfortable and durable troop.

1st post :)
Thought I would come and see what some guys in the know thought of the anovos kit and looks like I got my answer.
Can someone who has ordered already please answer a question. Do they take a payment including shipping now or when the items actually ships?
Also anyone received anything from them and incurred customs charges (I am in U.K)?
Trying to figure if the $350 + $150 shipping and then possible + $customs could almost add up to a the price of an Andrew Ainsworth completed
armour that I can get now for £600.

I've bought and sold AP twice over the years, both times for about $1000 for unfinished kits with unfinished helmets.

Since I want it perfect, I never took the time needed to gain the confidence to finish one of these suits.

Offering a finished helmet with unfinished armor for $350 is just insanely cheap. A no brainer for those on a budget.

I'm ordering the full finished ensemble. I think this is a great time in SW costuming. ANOVOS sure seems to be the real deal!!

The question is, will this move force private armor mold makers to have to drop their pricing? And will it even be worth it at that point for them? $350 is a VERY tough price to beat and never had a set of ST armor be that cheap. I'm still skeptical on the quality, but it sounds like Anovos does well in that area already.

The question is, will this move force private armor mold makers to have to drop their pricing? And will it even be worth it at that point for them? $350 is a VERY tough price to beat and never had a set of ST armor be that cheap. I'm still skeptical on the quality, but it sounds like Anovos does well in that area already.

Can't say it'd be an argument about being worth it to them to keep making it since the $350 intro price goes up to over $600 once the intro tier is over. After that, it becomes comparable to the other armor makers out there.

Can't say it'd be an argument about being worth it to them to keep making it since the $350 intro price goes up to over $600 once the intro tier is over. After that, it becomes comparable to the other armor makers out there.
Exactly.
And since I've been looking for a decent SW costume for almost a decade (the main factor being $$$) I'll sign up for this before May 4th. Even my significant other had no solid argument against it, which is almost a miracle. [emoji13]

1st post :)
Thought I would come and see what some guys in the know thought of the anovos kit and looks like I got my answer.
Can someone who has ordered already please answer a question. Do they take a payment including shipping now or when the items actually ships?
Also anyone received anything from them and incurred customs charges (I am in U.K)?
Trying to figure if the $350 + $150 shipping and then possible + $customs could almost add up to a the price of an Andrew Ainsworth completed
armour that I can get now for £600.

They take payment immediately, including shipping cost. As for custom charges, maybe someone who's received their product already can help you with that question...

The $350 is an introductory price -- it will go up to $600, then move to over $1,000

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back