Johnny Walker Black Whiskey bottle from Blade Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My wife had me watching a PBS special on Carol Burnett this evening and I caught a clip of Carol in Annie which was filmed in 1982. There's a scene where Carol is hustling all the girls out of a room while nipping from a bottle... the exact same bottle from BR. I don't have the DVD and from what I recall there wasn't a label on it or it wasn't visible in the short clip that was shown. Does anyone have the DVD? Has anyone caught this bottle in any other show?

m36836bottlef219.jpg

Very interesting...

I've passed this on to the folks over at propsummit.

Link is: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=344

The folks over there are currently trying to locate and/or create a BR JW Bottle, so this will be another layer of mystery surrounding this already elusive prop.

Last edited:
I found this site for the Annie screencaps, but they don't have the one with that scene:

http://www.moviescreenshots.blogspot.com/2006/12/annie-1982.html

Hmm... it would have been somewhere around this time in the movie, before she Annie ge's adopted. Not sure if it was visible before or after as I've only seen the movie once before.

i4203Annie-1982-1_50r219.jpg

Thanks but that's not even close...

Blade Runner and Annie were both released in 1982 so this further strengthens the word on the street that the JW bottle was a found object and not custom-made.

The plot thickens...

It probably was a found item.

As I am sure everybody knows sometimes they are limited runs as the Dickel bottles used for TOS Trek were.

I third the listerine thinking.
It was the first thing I thought of.
Scott

It's a found item. I know this because my father in law works for JW and he's got at least one of these bottles (full) in his display cabinet at home. And, no, he won't part with it

It's a found item. I know this because my father in law works for JW and he's got at least one of these bottles (full) in his display cabinet at home. And, no, he won't part with it

Any chance you could get a good closeup picture of it? Does the label say anything different that might indicate a special batch, premium or anniversary bottle?

I've heard quite a few people say "they know for sure" but we've yet to see any actual pictures or even old advertisements for this being an actual JW bottle. When it comes to stuff like this I like to see proof.

Still hoping someone will have Annie on DVD to cap the scene.

Yeah, listerine bottles did not look like this when they were glass. I'd wondered the same thing, but unless someone can produce a glass listerine bottle that isn't round, it ain't it.

If it's an actual JW bottle, that would be interesting. I would have thought our exhaustive BR detective squad. led by the tireless Nick Daring, would have found that out by now.

I've pretty much written this bottle off as some odd perfume decantor, or some kind of oddball wine bottle produced for 6 months or something.

But it's still fun to search.

The bottle was custom-made for the film. A few glass heroes were produced, while several others were vacuum-formed plastic. The heroes still exist in private collections (at least two, I think, were made). The vacuum-formed originals are still around, but are splitting apart and have begun to fog up.

I've seen the production drawing of the bottle (it's a simple silhouette drawn with a straightedge), which is signed like this:

OK
==

RS

Phil

That may well be Philippes but there really is a bottle like this. I'm afraid I don't know much about it and can't get a photo for a while because the inlaws live about 200 miles away. If I find a photo online I'll post it.

The bottle was custom-made for the film. A few glass heroes were produced, while several others were vacuum-formed plastic. The heroes still exist in private collections (at least two, I think, were made). The vacuum-formed originals are still around, but are splitting apart and have begun to fog up.

I've seen the production drawing of the bottle (it's a simple silhouette drawn with a straightedge), which is signed like this:

OK
==

RS

Phil

Thank you very much for sharing this important information, Philippes!!! :thumbsup :cool

That's great to know that some of the glass heroes still exist (too bad the vacuformed ones didn't fare so well).

There is a project for a potential reproduction of the BR JW Bottle over at Propsummit. The demand seems to be there, at least from BR fans on a BR site.

Here's the link to the project: http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id95.html

Here's the Propsummit thread: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=344

Regards,
oldzey

Last edited:
I've heard quite a few people say "they know for sure" but we've yet to see any actual pictures or even old advertisements for this being an actual JW bottle. When it comes to stuff like this I like to see proof.

I would have to say I agree. :love

Hate to be a cynic and all, but, we know how these things go, especially with BR related materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back