Found Item Buckaroo Bonzai Overthruster Case

I'm working on an overthruster casting which I purchased from Morganthirteen and have read this post completely, and made my overthruster toe tag. Many thanks to all the great research and art which has gone into this project. I am requesting a quote from Zero on the case - is the right color their "00 Olive Drab"? I think I can figure out the handle, but in references to the front sticker and the inside artwork - is there a run being done for these? If not, has the artwork been posted? I have looked for it and see where some attachments were supposed to be (instance post 108) but no files showing the artwork. This is very exciting! I have longed for an overthruster and now I can see a way to get a case for it too.

Rex

Endiathetos,

I am right with you. My Zero case is coming soon but they would not do a custom color for just one. I ordered several lunch box handles and so will have an extra one for you if you want one. I am also assembling the art work for the case. Member Interceptor6 was kind enough to make me the yellow Dymo strip labels and you could ask him to make you a set also. On Cameron's advice, I also ordered a kit for the flashing LED's:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221297959109

This is going to be fun!

That is a very nice offer, ahoudini, and I accept. Let me know your paypal when you are ready and I will send you the money. I have not heard back from Zero about the case yet, but I think I will go with Olive Drab. I'm badly red/green colorblind, so it will look just right. I like the LED kit idea, but Radio Shack has self blinking LEDs in both red and green, which is a lot simpler, but will not be synchronized. I have used a pair like that before and it is interesting to see the LEDs come into sync and then drift out again. I best go view the scene again and see what the lights did in the movie.

Thank you for the help.

Rex

This totally happened.

PeterWellerSig.jpg

Hey, there was no signature on the case in the movie…

Seriously, that is really cool! Congratulations!

That is a very nice offer, ahoudini, and I accept. Let me know your paypal when you are ready and I will send you the money. I have not heard back from Zero about the case yet, but I think I will go with Olive Drab. I'm badly red/green colorblind, so it will look just right. I like the LED kit idea, but Radio Shack has self blinking LEDs in both red and green, which is a lot simpler, but will not be synchronized. I have used a pair like that before and it is interesting to see the LEDs come into sync and then drift out again. I best go view the scene again and see what the lights did in the movie.

Thank you for the help.

Rex

In the movie, the white light is on until the OT is pulled from the case, then the red light goes on and the white goes off.

I have decided to go with the lunchbox handle in the Allied Electronics fittings (without the caps, so the handle lays flat):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412746031.208357.jpg

I just didn't like the antique gold of the lunchbox fittings and they also seemed flimsy when compared to the hinges and latches. The Allied Electronics fittings are beefy and chrome plated. I can use the original holes this way, also.

Now on to paint…

Last edited:
Bummer - Allied shipped me a handle without the end caps. At least I think there should be end caps. Now if I can just get Zero to ship my case...

Did you guys use Letraset rub on lettering for the panel in the case? How did you handle the Japanese Kanji characters?

photo-48.JPG

Yes, but you can have my end caps. (I don't think you will want them as the handle won't lay flat with them).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back