Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Yeah, the "awakens" part feels really, really weak. But are there any synonyms for awaken that would work as a stronger replacement? YOU DECIIIDE !!!!

I like the last one. It has some kindness and friendliness to it.

Praying for that tweak. On my knees ...

Here are a few quotes from Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Aroused

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"
"Nerfherders are amazing in the sack!!!"
"Come here you stumpy little stormtrooper, give your sister a kiss..."

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Live at CBI broadcast in England today via Lee Towersey and Matt Denton (E7 R2)
actual footage of the event with R2 can be seen here: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29986920
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415641343.285813.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415641356.665558.jpg
L-r
Neal scanlan won his oscar for animatronics on babe)
Oliver steeples
Adrianne (pr)
Lee towersey
Matt Denton (Google mantis Hexapod)

Lee Towersey builder/ wrangler of E7 R2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415652009.047654.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I'm ok with Luke being overpowered like The Force Unleashed, but I don't need to see a bunch of Jedi running around arrogant and uptight like they were in the prequels.

They wouldn't be at this time. That was the point though, Yoda tells you that in the movie. The Jedi were becoming arrogant. That's part of why they never saw the Sith coming.

Okay stupid question but why did they need another R2 built? Weren't the ones from the prequels in working condition?

Bitchin' about the title of a new Star Wars movie is tradition, damnit! :)

Okay stupid question but why did they need another R2 built? Weren't the ones from the prequels in working condition?
My guess is that it is mostly because George Lucas kept the Lucasfilm Archives with the props for himself when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
I suppose that he wants to show them permanently in his new Lucas Museum that is planned to be built in Chicago.

Last edited:

I would imagine the fan built ones are far more easy to work and reliable then even what LF made over 10 years ago.

Bitchin' about the title of a new Star Wars movie is tradition, damnit! :)

My guess is that it is mostly because George Lucas kept the Lucasfilm Archives with the props for himself when he sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
I suppose that he wants to show them permanently in his new Lucas Museum that is planned to be built in Chicago.

Right. GL owns the props. And they aren't in the best of condition, I would think Disney needed reliable working units and, as they are doing now, need them readily available for promo appearances and not have to keep asking GL to ship a droid for a promo event, shoot, etc.

as a side note: When droids were sent over for prequel work two domes ended up stolen. One was a dome that was on top the Naboo fighter and the other was a refurbished OT dome used on the ILM droid if I recall correctly... Don Bies (droid wrangler) mentioned this. Prior to its use in Episode 1, the dome was used by Baker at Elstree Film Studios in the OT Star Wars films. It surfaced in 2002 and was put up for auction through eBay in 2003 and again in 2006 I believe it was then through a legitimate major auction house... claimed to be " due to be scrapped before being rescued by a passing Elstree Studios employee." but that wasn't true and Lucasfilm sued... (the dome went back into MIA status) I'm sure GL wants to protect his property from such risk today.

Last edited:

It is also because Kathleen Kennedy was impressed by the R2 Builders' club when she visited their booth at CE2 last year.

yes and she has always been impressed with the R2 Builder's Club, but to be more specific she was impressed by Oliver Steeples and Lee Towersey as they were responsible for the droid work in the UK electronic store Currys/PC World advertisement among a couple of other LFL associated projects. Oliver and Lee stuck their necks out and told Kathleen they were ready and willing to do any work on the next SW film (half jokingly) not thinking anything would actually come of it... apparently they did the right thing! Imagine if they hadn't said anything... they may not have this gig today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sadly I was offered that OT dome and actually nearly bought it with a few friends till I dug deeper and backed away, It went to Auction and Lucasfilm presented a C&D order to stop the sale, sadly they didn't pay attention to the listings and treated it as the Naboo fighter dome so got the description wrong in the order so it was deemed a fail and returned to the current owners. I believe at that time they weren't aware it was even missing. I know Don was used as leverage to me as to why they had possession of it but could never come up with a good set of proof!!!!

It was amazing to see and handle but I'm so glad my AVOID radar kicked in ..........

Can I add Don in name only, was used and not involved. I was Told Don gifted it, clearly not and never did.

Bring on the damn trailer already!

Free on the net. For the real fans!

Then tag it onto whatever Disney movie comes next for the casual fans.

It's done... Effects complete... It's scored...

Enough already! AHH!!!

Seriously Willie, everytime I see you bump this thread, I have to click it! (What if it's the trailer?)

I know we're probably a month away from the teaser... But I can't help it. I've got to get a remote grasp of the movie in motion...

I just have to know.

Come on Disney...

Throw us a bone here!

At least a full stormtrooper pic or blaster!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back