STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I'm loving the series.....& I couldn't get in to The Clone Wars show

Has anyone noticed that the motifs of John Williams' Star Wars sometimes verges on his Raiders ones?

J

Agreed.

I think his piloting skills was also as strong as they were because of his unconscious tapping into the Force. Ben mentioned Luke's piloting abilities. I believe it was in reference to his racing his T-16 in Begger's Canyon. This is the same sort of abilities that Anakin demonstrated in Podracing. I think it was also the reason he was able to pilot an X-Wing in battle as well as he did the first time he climbed into one.

Very minor point here, but in the reams of EU material (I think from West End Games?), it was apparently explained that the T-16 cockpit was actually very similar to the cockpit of an X-Wing, and that it was a sort of "stealth" approach to allow pilots to train for the Rebellion that Incom (the company that designed both) did to enhance pilot familiarity (and the likelihood that various bush pilots would be able to quickly adapt to military hardware like the X-Wing).

While it's EU, I think that's the type of material that seems more likely to survive the "great purge."

I'm loving the series.....& I couldn't get in to The Clone Wars show

Has anyone noticed that the motifs of John Williams' Star Wars sometimes verges on his Raiders ones?

J

Yeah, we discussed it a while back. There is a direct lift of the music from the market chase sequence in Raiders in Rebels.

The best thing to do is to check the availability here: http://watchdisneychannels.com/zipcode/

Oh, I know I get both Disney channel in my area with TWC, the problem I have is that I now have the most basic of cable packages so I no longer get Disney or XD and the stupid app doesn't support TWC for some reason. Actually from what I understand none of the various cable channel apps support TWC so I'm hoping for some alternative means of watching Rebels now.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Okay, standing on your hands on top of a ship thousands of feet in the air is just plain stupid.

why? he is imbued with the force, has a Jedi Master training him and in the end when he did fall, he was force lifted... and Kanan eventually admits he is not good at teaching and its hard to do so the final scene was starting with basics, on the ground, tossing rocks to Ezra with lightsaber... kinda like Big brother playing catch with young brother... it was a contrast and growth scene for both. not sure how you didn't get that but it made perfect sense to me.

Just watched Rise with my son. Must say I love the inquisitor's nonchalant demeanour. I'd consider him (in D&D terms) lawful neutral. He's got a job to do, and he just does it, ice cold. Not your average evil villain...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This might shed some light in regards to our previous discussion:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-hill/star-wars-rebels-uses-cha_b_6095820.html

Speaking of being alive ... Given that -- in Return of the Jedi -- Yoda tells Luke "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be," one has to wonder what's eventually going to become of Ezra and Kanan. Especially since -- on the wake of last week's episode, "Rise of the Old Masters" -- the Inquisitor (i.e., the Pau'an that Darth Vader has tasked with hunting down all of the remaining Jedi in the galaxy) is now keenly aware that this reluctant master and his rebellious apprentice are out there somewhere.

"Yeah, given that we plan on adhering to Star Wars canon with Rebels, I think that's going to leave a lot of fans on edge. Make them wonder about what eventually happens to Kanan and Ezra," Filoni smiled. "Given these two characters are out there wielding the Force just four years before Luke connects with Obi-Wan Kenobi ... Well, that then sets up a lot of questions that now need to be answered. Like just how strong the Force is during this time period?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched Rise with my son. Must say I love the inquisitor's nonchalant demeanour. I'd consider him (in D&D terms) lawful neutral. He's got a job to do, and he just does it, ice cold. Not your average evil villain...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The major foul of that was the yellow eyes. Unless they just decided to throw the Sith playbook out the window, these guys should just be Dark Side users, not Sith. Or else, that means anyone that uses the Dark Side has their eyes turn yellow. I'd also like to hear from Filoni or someone in production on exactly who these Inquisitors are. In the EU they were basically like Imperial intel operatives with just enough Dark Side training to hold their own with a Jedi. This guy seemed like he was Darth Maul, though granted Kanan was supposedly still a padawan when Order 66 hit.

The major foul of that was the yellow eyes. Unless they just decided to throw the Sith playbook out the window, these guys should just be Dark Side users, not Sith. Or else, that means anyone that uses the Dark Side has their eyes turn yellow. I'd also like to hear from Filoni or someone in production on exactly who these Inquisitors are. In the EU they were basically like Imperial intel operatives with just enough Dark Side training to hold their own with a Jedi. This guy seemed like he was Darth Maul, though granted Kanan was supposedly still a padawan when Order 66 hit.

He has in a bunch of recent interviews! He is NOT a Sith. He is more akin to a Ventress then a Darth Maul. He has to have a light saber that cheats moves whereas Maul could do all the slick moves on his own. This is all per Filoni, go listen to Rebel Force Radio. Beyond that I anticipate we will learn much more over the coming seasons.

I posted this six days ago: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=185637&page=56&p=3471633&viewfull=1#post3471633

Btw: thumbs up for Trust and Secrecy. I been wanting to see more of Hera and Sabine and I got it. Plus a Pitch Black like story to boot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I recorded the first episode and thought I had my DVR set to do the series, but evidently hadn't, so I've missed the rest of the episodes so far and need to reset the DVR.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back