1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Man, great work here Sofa! Those sketches a few pages back were amazing. It really felt like I was looking at pre-production concepts from back in the day!

And the beat goes on Sofa:D I swear, every time I see that cockpit, it sends shiver down my spine!

Thank you, my friend! Seeing those upper panels go up is such a thrill! Getting closer and closer! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sofaking01
What is the diameter of the pvc pipe? Wanted to know so I can scale it down for the 1/6 scale Falcon. Thanks.

Izzy

Hey Iz,

The PVC Pipe is 4" in diameter. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Man, great work here Sofa! Those sketches a few pages back were amazing. It really felt like I was looking at pre-production concepts from back in the day!

Thanks so much, MK! In regards to the sketches... I truly appreciate the VERY kind words! That really means a LOT! :) I have more I can post if your guys are interested?

SK01,
Amazing progress and thanks for sharing with us!! Incredible work and attention to detail, loving it!!
May I ask a couple questions?
- Can you share the base paint you used on the Quad Gun? Was it rattle can or custom? Looks awesome.
- Can you share the part name/# of the large console lights in Post #8538? (too hard to dig through 8000+ posts to find) :)

Anxiously await ongoing updates, great job all around!
Sean

SK01,
Amazing progress and thanks for sharing with us!! Incredible work and attention to detail, loving it!!
May I ask a couple questions?
- Can you share the base paint you used on the Quad Gun? Was it rattle can or custom? Looks awesome.
- Can you share the part name/# of the large console lights in Post #8538? (too hard to dig through 8000+ posts to find) :)

Anxiously await ongoing updates, great job all around!
Sean

Hey S,

Thank you for the very kind words and support!

The base paint I used for the quad was a simple water based house paint which was then applied with a paint gun - no spray cans. I can't remember off hand if I added any tint/color to it. I think I used a simple white then weathered. However, I did paint the quad and base flat black before adding the white. I hope this helps?

Are you referring to these round panel lights?
20161023_205758_zpsnu2ogvso.jpg

Depending on this evening, I "should" have some updates tomorrow! :)

Splendid work as always, Sofa! Im'm looking forward to seeing the finished footwell and Volvo-panels in place!

Hey Hey FF! Thanks so much! I'm really anxious to see the foot well panel installed as well! Especially with the corrugated mat and center console in place! As much as I want to paint the Volvo Panels I think I need to hold off and paint the exterior. The way we have it planned is that the nose section, the corridor half panels and the exterior skin (which will be done with a steel frame and bolted around the main body) will all be painted and weathered at once. The nose comes apart so it will be easy to pull it away from the main body and have fun with it!

Hope that made sense?

- - - Updated - - -

wow, I did not know that liquid putty existed. Looks very interesting for touch ups, I'll have to get some of this

Hey O!

The liquid putty is really good stuff. As I mentioned in a few posts back, you simply dab it on - don't brush it. As with anything, it takes some to dry. I usually wait 24 hours depending on how thick and how many layers I add.

i would DEF recommend to anybody building scale models, greeblies, etc. Good Stuff! :)

SK01, those are the lights indeed. Assume (hope) its a readily available light? Can you share link/part#?
Thanks for the paint info, makes sense, crazy how even white/off white can take on such a nice warm color when dirtied up, feels like you NAILED it!
Sean

Hi Gang,

Just a quick update and a teaser this morning!

Close up of the new cup greeblies
20170124_164224_zpstuud8dyi.jpg

UGH... I need a new phone...
20170124_164229_zpszw9q0dn8.jpg

Old, New and Misc
20170124_164234_zpsqzkl3ner.jpg

The lighting at the shop didn't show areas that needed more filler
20170124_164507_zpsvqfd9uxh.jpg

20170124_164512_zps4itrwjx7.jpg

An Early Morning Teaser Image of an Upcoming Project... More Later! :)
20170122_101659_zpsk26a1imi.jpg

More to Follow!

Tease, tease...this build is a big tease Sofa!!!!!!:D Wait, it's a striptease:lol Unveiling the seat, then the door and the front window and...I could go on and on;)
But I wont, 'cause the list is toooooooooooooooooooooo long!

SK01, those are the lights indeed. Assume (hope) its a readily available light? Can you share link/part#?
Thanks for the paint info, makes sense, crazy how even white/off white can take on such a nice warm color when dirtied up, feels like you NAILED it!
Sean

Hey S,

Thanks so much! I have to admit I was really nervous starting the weathering process but it was actually very easy and a LOT of fun. I was watching Adam Savage weather an old prop he had. I just followed his basic technique(s). See the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzxEqdvuIE

The panel lights are readily available! Fellow RPFer RebelScum (Philip Wise) and Blue Realm Studios took their time creating these amazing panel lights. They are pieces of artwork! Check out the link below

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=265923&highlight=detention+block+camera

You can also go to http://www.bluerealmstudios.com/ to purchase the panel lights!

Hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Tease, tease...this build is a big tease Sofa!!!!!!:D Wait, it's a striptease:lol Unveiling the seat, then the door and the front window and...I could go on and on;)
But I wont, 'cause the list is toooooooooooooooooooooo long!

Hey J,

BIG TEASE! And that's all you get until... ;)

Last edited:
I am just so impressed by this project, and your ability to stay motivated. :thumbsup I have lots of projects, some I've started, none I've finished. :rolleyes

I am just so impressed by this project, and your ability to stay motivated. :thumbsup I have lots of projects, some I've started, none I've finished. :rolleyes

Hi M,

Thanks so much! I didn't expect to be working on this project for this long. I'm not sure how or why I've been able to stay focused. Don't think it really matters. I've been having so much fun and it's been a fantastic ride so far! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back