Star Wars Full-Size Scout Trooper Speeder Bike Build

This is awesome. And for 150$....that makes it even better

Yeah - my goal with all of my prop builds is to save enough funds to be able to start the next one. The majority of the cost with this build was epoxy and paint. The wood and foam comes fairly cheap and the rest is all scratch built bits from ready made items.

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!!! This is just an outstanding build, and I always look forward to your next progress photos. Loving the weathering you have done!!
Well done...

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!!! This is just an outstanding build, and I always look forward to your next progress photos. Loving the weathering you have done!!
Well done...

Hey Chris - glad to see you back! I made a good push this past weekend getting the bike near completion - albeit the mosquitos and the 100 degree heat! But, of course - the building must continue! I just started the handlebars today, but won't get much time in this weekend. The last couple of weekends have been tough, but I'm still on schedule!

I have a few other projects lined up and ready once I complete the bike so stay tuned! My wife caught me out "riding" on it last night in the garage, however - I swallowed my embarrassment since I've desperately wanted one of these for the past 33 years! Now it's almost here! :) Thanks again!

I stopped by the Goodwill earlier today and found a ladies purse that had leather shoulder straps with two identical buckles. I took a shot at seeing if it would work for the tie downs in the back.

20160804_171753.jpg

However, they're too clean - so in classic Star Wars style, it's time to transform them for the used universe - let's add some spray paint and grunge things up a bit -starting with some oil rubbed bronze color...

20160804_171947.jpg

Last edited:
I had created scale brackets to secure the bed roll, however it wasn't easily secured and quickly became hidden under the bedroll. So, my quick and dirty alternative is to cut the straps down to the appropriate length and screw them to the top of the speederbike...

20160804_172434.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Then, just wrap up the bedroll and secure it down with the straps.

20160804_172559.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The bedroll was a piece of packing liner from a piece of Ikea furniture. I saved it for some odd purpose in the future, and it turned out perfect for the speederbike. Another sub-assembly completed!

20160804_172613.jpg

This is so Awsome!
I wish we were closer, my woodshop would have been at your disposal.
You have just decided for me, a future build.
Thank you for sharing this.
Robert

This is so Awsome!
I wish we were closer, my woodshop would have been at your disposal.
You have just decided for me, a future build.
Thank you for sharing this.
Robert
Wow! So glad to see another build on the way! Definitely let me know when you decide to get started...
Just a sidenote - met the great David Prowse last night! Such a humble and personal guy, even told my youngest to put her arms up on his shoulder.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160806/3112e4c2e6c1a20465adfaaa36b0018d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back