Spacebobs "models"

spacebob

Sr Member
Hello there fellow forumers (what do you mean that's not a word).
I've been thinking of posting a little thread of "models" that I have worked on.
Models is a very loose description as there will be Kenner/Hasbro paints, conversions and plain old styrene models.

None of these will really be ground breaking but they hopefully show what can be done on a budget, whilst never looking like it.
Let's start.
webup30(1).jpg

First I just wanted to post this, not sure if this has been shown before but the bandai threepio has a gold finish that just rubs of with a little cellulose thinners leaving a fantastically weathered silver protocol droid like U3PO (Star Wars) or E3PO (Empire).

webup30(2).jpg

You can take a little gold off or keep going until its all gone
Also have a couple of troopers you might recognize..

webhlc899.jpg

I scratched Lukes belt, adapted Hans. Added little bits of card to make the heads higher and did the same to most of Hans vertical connections to make him a touch taller.
Helmets were given brows after the work that @Jaitea did to his trooper.
here they are with a TFA black series Chewie which scalewise looks fine :)

I love these little 1:12 kits and bought a few before hlj started being silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,....brilliant.....

Love the silver 3PO, and the Luke, Han & Chewie,....it really captures the look of the combo,...different heights....you get the impression that Mark & Harrison are under those helmets

Love it,.....you should print out backgrounds for them,...that would seal the deal

John

Thanks J, these are just great quick fun kits :)
I'm still to weather the protocol droids but wont be doing much to silver guy as he's quite clean in Star Wars.

Forgot to mention that I did add some width to the ab sections of the troopers with styrene and generally moved it forward by meddling with the joint at the waist.

Side note. The SE-14R that Luke is inaccurately holding is now properly canon as the Deathtroopers have them in Rogue One. Oh yes.

Nice work. The height differences are subtle, but really sell the idea that Han and Luke are in there! Like it.

I converted the numbers and cut from 1mm plastic just the same way as the plywood 1:1.

webgk(28).jpg click little pics webgk29).jpg

webgk35.jpg

Cut all the details in various thicknesses of plastic and that expanded stuff from a sign, Sintra maybe? :)

Made this fellow today, more Bandai 1:12 goodness is the order of the day.

image.jpg

Cast in beige for the shore trooper now sporting the white for AT-ATC Trooper.

These bandai chaps scale really well with the hasbro 1:12 line

webatactcrop39.jpg

I'm tempted to give the hasbros a little bit of work too..... :)

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that the white armours of the tank driver and at-atc driver were not painted over black casts like the shoretrooper but I love the look of that.
So.... I cheated and did exactly that, painted black over the beige plastic before the white went on and then gently sanded through before normal weatherings :)

Great work mate and the Gonk droid is awesome. The Hasbro figures come up great painted and weathered.

Ron

Attachments

• htc10.JPG
    htc10.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 143
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back