Dragoncon 2015

I have to agree on the whole handler point, especially depending on how hot or big your costume is...I had Helfulnerd help me a couple of times, sad thing is, that one costume my lens fogged up so bad I was behind him and I lost him in the crowd, then I almost passed out from heat exhaustion after walking around for an hour an a half. Lucky for me I stay at the Marriott and I was able to make it to my room and rip off the costume and cool down. My other costume, I had arrows sticking out of my back and heard a lot of people complaining about my arrows are going to stab someone in the eye, well like we all tell our kids watch where your going, right? But helpful nerd walked behind me for a good while protecting people and me...So like I stated earlier depends on your costume. Last year Hurleyfx's Groot had about 2-3 handlers...

That's why I'm not even planning on putting the light rig on my USCM armor, with all the turning and squeezing through people I'll be doing it would be more trouble than it's worth

This is going to be a long post. So, be forewarned. :wacko

1. Shipping Speed Blowing My Mind!
MatrixSpoon and I split the cost of the badge holders for this years RPF meetup badges. He sent me some bucks on PayPal on Tuesday and I ordered the badge holders from officedepot.com. They said that the badge holders would be here on the 20th. I was like "yeah right" I didn't pay that much for shipping". And holy crap the badge holders arrived on time. :lol I was pleasantly surprised.

2. Best days to cosplay at DragonCon?

Um, EVERYDAY, every second. :D

Ok, so here's my take. This will be my 8th DragonCon. My first time was in 2005, and I've gone every year except 2. Last year was my very first time in costume. And it was awesome!

I spent most of my time with MatrixSpoon, and I had a ton of fun. I met a lot of cool people from the RPF. I also met Jesse from Hero's of Cosplay, who liked my costume, who I talked with for about 20 minutes before I realized who he was. :facepalm He was very nice and we talked star wars and cosplay, it was super fun.

It seamed that last year the day before Con was an evening with some folks in costume hanging around. Friday was a full day of cosplay but saturday was more crowded at the Marriott and folks busted out their signature costumes. Sunday was costumes too but it was more of a repeat of Friday and Saturday. Monday I was in plain cloths and spent the day visiting the vendor hall and comics area and there where less costumes, but still quite a bit.

This year I planned what days I'll be wearing which costume. I'm also going to be in costume at this RPF meet up this year because I'm going to a costume party afterwards. It's more of a logistics thing. Last year during the meet up there was plenty of costumed folks in the Marriott lobby. And I was sorta jealous that I didn't bring my costume that night.

3. Handlers and Don't Pass Out
MatrixSpoon I remember holding your arrows in your Ronin Deadpool cosplay while you where walking around making sure they didn't "put out an eye" :lol

I also remember helping you around in your star wars cosplay and I helped dress you. LOL that was funny. I was helping you finish it in the hotel. #cosplaybuddies. And I'm glad you didn't pass out from heat stroke. That costume was awesome, but I'm glad I didn't have to carry you to your room. :cool

FYI, If any of you need a handler please let me know.

I know it's hard sometimes to navigate the crowd without some help. Saturday I'll be in a costume with a helmet so I'd like to hang out with of a group of you so that I don't walk into folks. Helmets limit visibility quite a bit. I don't want to be bumping into walls.

I know I said twice recently that I was printing badges. But some client (day job) work got in the way. I will post a badge update shortly. I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, last year I had my Guyver 1( I'm in the Beatdownboogie video at the beginning & end), and had a BLAST. This year I decided to go with Guyver 3, you know, to keep it real. Real AWESOME. Suit is done, helmet is underway. Still trying to figure out how to do the Mega Smasher, since I had tons of requests for that last year. See you all in 2 weeks.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Reminder:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Cutoff for having a Custom RPF Badge will be: August 25th 2015

I have sent a PM to everyone that still needs to send us your avatar

If you do not send us an avatar, you most likely will
just the standard badge with your name on it.

The Following people still need to send a copy of their avatar to helpfulnerd.

@datachomper - Avatar
@Fit Cosplayer - Avatar
Gerrik - Avatar
@grs100 - Avatar
hzrdous - Avatar
@inkblot - Avatar
@Inkydog - Avatar

Jaedena - Avatar

KJC - Avatar

Mowsel - Avatar
@redvelociraptor - Avatar
@spatcave - Avatar
thehorndogg - Avatar

JamesBryan - No Avatar
jmoriginal - No Avatar
sydney42379 - No Avatar
v137a - No Avatar

i havent decided on my avatar yet. being in the company of such skilled people as yourselves, i kind of feel like i havent earned the right to have one yet. once i have been "judged worthy" of this i will end up picking one though

i havent decided on my avatar yet. being in the company of such skilled people as yourselves, i kind of feel like i havent earned the right to have one yet. once i have been "judged worthy" of this i will end up picking one though

You don't have to be deemed worthy. Upload whatever avatar you want. We're a big happy family here on the RPF :)

Also, send me a PM with the avatar you want on your RPF meetup badge.

I'll be printing another round of badges this weekend.

Joshua

if i were to pick an avatar it would be the tron legacy disc with the third arc reactor face in the middle of the disc but havent had time to edit a pic together.

I'll be attending the meeting!! I'll be there with my friends Korban Dallas and WooHaa 08. Can we all get badged and all have a fiery phoenix on them??!!!

I'll be attending the meeting!! I'll be there with my friends Korban Dallas and WooHaa 08. Can we all get badged and all have a fiery phoenix on them??!!!

I have added all three names to the badge listing, if you would like to have an avatar for the each person please send your avatars to helpfulnerd, for he is the one making the badges this year, thank you...

We can't wait to meet you....

Ughhhh so much more work to do, so little time to do it ;-; I just marathon worked today and cracked out one entire item from my parts yet to do list today. My spine hurts and I'm going to bed now xD right back at it tomorrow. I am exhausted and have been at my sewing machine for about 10 hours or some crazy thing, I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow since I have two more parts that require sewing, one of them a major part that may take me a couple days worth of work time oh man... ;-; I have to keep telling myself "I can do this IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END" xD

Ughhhh so much more work to do, so little time to do it ;-; I just marathon worked today and cracked out one entire item from my parts yet to do list today. My spine hurts and I'm going to bed now xD right back at it tomorrow. I am exhausted and have been at my sewing machine for about 10 hours or some crazy thing, I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow since I have two more parts that require sewing, one of them a major part that may take me a couple days worth of work time oh man... ;-; I have to keep telling myself "I can do this IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END" xD

OMG, I know how you feel. I've been working on my Mecha-Glove for my Rasputin cosplay. I dedicated my entire Saturday to shop time, which is rare. AND, I'm still up.

I'm in a fog, or a daze. I am going to finish some things then crash out too.

OMG, I know how you feel. I've been working on my Mecha-Glove for my Rasputin cosplay. I dedicated my entire Saturday to shop time, which is rare. AND, I'm still up.

I'm in a fog, or a daze. I am going to finish some things then crash out too.

Woah dude you held out longer than I could xD I passed out shortly after posting that. I am only now awake and out of bed and dragged myself back to my desk and sewing machine haha! we can do iiiittttt ;A; it will just be a couple more weeks of hell is all? pfff, but " it'll all be worth it..IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IIIITTTTT" *sew sew sew glue sew glue drill hammer sew sew SEW FOREVER*

Could be worse..I got asked to scratch build an entire chest/back armor to include cleaning and painting a blaster and helmet last week...

:lol that's funny. I'm laughing with you.

I was hired a couple days ago for a commission for DragonCon. I only took it because it's not very difficult and my client is going to help. And she's a friend.

But yeah, there's no way that chest / back armor, a blaster and a helmet can be done this close to D'Con. :wacko

@MatrixSpoon

Please cross these folks off the badge list and update to "Badge Printed" please.
@datachomper @grs100 @hzrdous @Jaedena @spatcave @KJC @inkblot

You good towns people now have a printed badge. :rolleyes

PAID LANYARD UPDATE:

Please mark @minismedley and @spatcave paid on the lanyard list.

CUSTON RPF MEETUP BADGE AVATARS

It's 2:49am on the 24th of Aug my time (Eastern Time). Please PM me your avatar image if you want a custom printed RPF badge. Custom badge printing closes on the 25th of Aug.

LANYARD UPDATE:

Those of you that have not sent me your $5 for your RPF Lanyard, I need you take care of your $5 payment please. I have ordered the lanyards with money out of my pocket before everyone on the list has paid. Please send me your $5 payment. PM me if you have any questions.

These folks still need to pay their $5 for lanyards:

If you are on this list as NOT PAID, and you did in fact send your $5 please PM me with your real name and paypal email address so I can verify payment received.

Thanks,
Joshua

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back