Our "Magnum P.I." ring...

There is a member here who has one of the rings that either was screen-used or Production made, but i don't think he visits a lot anymore.

www.Magnum-Mania.com is a great website for all things Magnum

There is a member here who has one of the rings that either was screen-used or Production made, but i don't think he visits a lot anymore.

www.Magnum-Mania.com is a great website for all things Magnum

Thanks Apollo
I know the site :)
In fact is my source of information, among others.
My last render of the ring. I've modeled a black background to simulate the final enamel coat. And looks great!

TEAM RING BLACK RENDER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
About the black fill it has to be filled manually and very carefully, applying several coats until filling the hole. The surface to fill is not flat because the borders are higher than the center line. The two axis of the oval border are placed at different height.So the enamel coat must be also, sloppy.
You might be able to fill it in one step by using something like a traditional epoxy (or if you're good and quick, a 15-minute epoxy), pigmented black with carbon powder or copier toner or whatever you can find. If the ring is to be made of metal, you could even over-fill then polish it back after it cures; the metal would resist polishing more than the epoxy, so the end result would be with the black fill slightly below the metal surfaces.

You might be able to fill it in one step by using something like a traditional epoxy (or if you're good and quick, a 15-minute epoxy), pigmented black with carbon powder or copier toner or whatever you can find. If the ring is to be made of metal, you could even over-fill then polish it back after it cures; the metal would resist polishing more than the epoxy, so the end result would be with the black fill slightly below the metal surfaces.

Thanks for the tip Scotophor. I'm a modeler so I think that won't be a problem. Just patience and good hand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again.

Confirmed! The first Team Ring was concave at the top, cross included.
I've been talking with the guy involved on the making of the rings on the 80's, and he confirmed me that. He also stated that there were 8 different rings through the seasons.

So I've redesigned the ring and now is totally concave at the top. And I've designed too a little black plastic piece to insert between the cross and the oval border. As soon as I get it printed I will post a pic.

I attach the new render.

TEAM RING MAGNUM PI CONCAVE.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back