Playmates MK VII Medical Tricorder GMProps Upgrade Tutorial

Starchwreck

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone! I am starting a build that will eventually become a PDF manual for the GMProps Playmates MKVII Medical Tricorder Electronics upgrade.

We are looking at making some replacement parts that will be included for the leds in the top section so that way the builder just has to cut out the area, then pop in the new pieces.

Here is Part one of the build:

Star Trek Playmates MK VII Medical Tricorder GMProps Upgrade Tutorial Part 1 - YouTube

Here is an album of the pictures so far:

Playmates Medical Mk VII Tricorder Upgrade Photos by Admiralkisluk | Photobucket

This will be an on going process over the next few weeks. Gerry's circuits for these are really awesome and are perfect for the toy version. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to chime in! :)

If you are interested in a set of these electronics or any of the other TNG Tricorders or Phasers, contact GMProps at gmros@cogeco.ca

Great video. I will definitely need the replacement parts for the top two cut outs. Can you keep me in mind when you all do a run? Thanks!

Wow! I just started watching Voyager on Netflix and thought......I gotta get me one of those Playmates Tricorders.

Keep us posted!

Christian

Man, I think that I have that medical tricorder stuffed away somewhere from when I was a kid, unless it was in one of the boxes that went to Goodwill years ago. I'm going to have to go try to dig it out.

EXCELLENT CONVERSION TUTE! Makes mw want to gt going on my MK IX Stapelton/GMprops kit, also thinking of doing this also, already have the PM Med Tric in my collection and this is another thing to put on my list :)

Did the original have lights in the lower door?

Yes it did

Last edited:
Hey Iams,
A few shots of my mod so far.
IMG_7225.JPG
IMG_7226.JPG
IMG_7227.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG
IMG_7229.JPG

Wow! That is fantastic! I love the door especially. And the Top scanner cover is awesome too! That's better than what I was thinking of doing. Awesome work! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back