Captain America Blank Spun Shield - UK!!!

I think you are stuck importing a metal blank from Miami but I do believe there were fiberglass shields done in Italy.

I'm interested in one of these as well and haven't been able to find one on this side of the pond.
I think I'll see if I can get price from a local supplier.
Pretty sure I have the dimensions somewhere, but would anyone like to confirm the diameter and depth please.

I'm interested in one of these as well and haven't been able to find one on this side of the pond.
I think I'll see if I can get price from a local supplier.
Pretty sure I have the dimensions somewhere, but would anyone like to confirm the diameter and depth please.

Prior to seeing this comment i've been trawling the forum for a depth of the material.
From what i can fathom, the shield is 26" diameter.
I have seen a member here (valor) take the approach of getting a 25" diameter shield, with a 10" diameter inner circle and the rings grooved at 2.5" spacing.
I think that's pretty much it.
Let me know how you get on!

I had emailed a local metal spinner but got no reply so trying further afield.

This is what I asked for.

A Dish/circular shield
26" in Diameter
1/8 inch thick
3" depth
Aluminium

(also if possible, shallow grooves engraved at 10", 15.32" and 20.64" from the centre hole)

Who knows, I may find someone to do it one day lol

The last one I visited the place looked Dickensian but the quality of the work was first rate.
I definitely find it easier to speak to suppliers face to face particularly when discussing odd ball jobs such as a C.A. shield!

Blank1.jpg
Blank2.jpg

No problem. Why don't a few of you guys in UK get together on shipping for blanks.....I can ship up to 3 blanks without exceeding price point.

I contacted rolo0081 about shipping a black shield to the Uk and he said he could do it for 325 USD including P+P and importation fees

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry blank shield

Hi I have one of Rolos blank shields it arrived last Thursday , really great quality you won't be disappointed with it , parcel force fees were £22 ,reckon on about 18 days from when it's shipped .

Mike

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back