New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Will it have a "continuous beam" fire setting? That was my favorite part when it came to the Diamond Select Toy.

I asked someone who saw it and they said the LED stays lit continuously during firing of all the sounds. I wish someone had taken a full demo video of this.

I ordered 2 because I knew I'd probably kick myself for not getting more than 1. The case and magnetic display seals the deal as a really good bargain.

Difficulty loading video. Will try later. Redshirt- the more, the merrier. As long as it's not another HMS, T&T clone ;) Along with the fat-butt comm, it's got to be the world's most replicated/duplicated (sadly inaccurate) Trek prop. Ironic...

OMG! The sounds do sound way better than the Diamond Select phaser. Doesn't sound tinny at all. I'm still geeking out over the opening dilithium chamber. I like the lighting action too of the fadein/out.

John Long shot some that appeared in Star Trek the Magazine some years ago

http://www.saucersoverhollywood.com/phaserpage.html

And there are others out there.

Lots of nice shots of JLongs replica build on his "Trek Props" page. I have 3 of his P1 hand phasers that that came with all the original style materials. Great attention to detail and fantastic box. His Communicator kit is top notch too.

JLongs "hero" P1/P2 replica is still the one to beat overall. Forget some of the details that are off by a little…his full "hero" build, inside and out, is an awesome phaser and a great tribute to the original prop.

That said, this Wand Company Phaser looks really close to the original in many ways and has a lots of it's features. I'm still wow'd. I might have to order more. Maybe I'll do the Galileo 7 Shuttle phaser locker.

Last edited:
Some extra pictures courtesy of the great guy at moviepropcollectors.com

This one shows the life-sized promo cardboard handout at the show. Genius promo!
PatPhaser3_a_zpsb3db5ccf.jpg

Nice full shot of the case. I really like the look of the case.
PatPhaserCase_a_zpsdc2a62fb.jpg

Looks like the guy is activating the P1 before removing it.
PatPhaser2_a_zpsb1ab69ec.jpg

Check out the other Comic-con 2014 news at MoviePropCollectors

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back