Review for JMC Darth Vader ROTJ Helmet

danzig

First I want to point out that I am in no way affiliated with JMC Helmets.I just saw his helmets on this site and a couple others and decided to buy one.Im just gonna do a quik review here for anyone else who has interest in JMC Helmets.I just know as a person who buys stuff,I always appreciate when others take the time to do reviews.So here it goes..

#1: Customer service: Customer service was great. Jarenmcl replied to all emails usually within a few hours.Its always a bit stresful dealing with someone outside of Ebay as you never know the type of person your dealing with.However with JMC the communication was top notch and he requested NO special paypal provisions,(such as those that void out Paypals buyer protection).Also he would take no payment until the helmet was ready to ship.So it was a comfortable transaction from the get go.
After the helmet shipped he provided me the shipping / insurance details and was kind enough to ship the helmet via Express service,even though I only payed for the cheaper route.So it arrived from Florida to Washington state in 2 days.So customer service 10/10

#2 Helmet itself (JMC Return Of The Jedi unpainted kit) : Ive owned several Vader helmets from the old Don Post kids helmet,Rubies Supreme,Don Post Deluxe,Don Post Classic Action and the SPFX ESB and ROTJ Helmets..I can say that the JMC helmet is the best IMO.Ive always been a fan of the ROTJ Helmet and he really nailed it.
The face / mask is perfect,as is the dome.Very crisp lines and zero prep work,as I opted for the unpainted helmet/kit.Its already primered and ready for paint and even came with lenses,grill and tusks.
I also really love the mounting system.Instead of the velcro,the helmet relies on a magnet to secure the dome,which allows the dome to sit perfectly and dont allow for it to get cockeyed..Helmet was also packed very,very well
IMG_4787.JPGIMG_4785.JPGIMG_4789.JPGIMG_4793.JPGIMG_4794.JPG

What does one of these set you back?

I paid $520 shipped.But keep in mind the SPFX helmet castings being sold on ebay are around $400 and they are unfinished and come with no lenses,tusks or mouth grill and they are in need of alot of sanding and filling..Whereas the JMC helmet is ready for paint and comes with all the stuff needed to finish it.

was this the ROTJ that was on the bay last week?

Nope.I bought this directly from JMC helmets.No ebay..If anyone wants better pics just let me know.

I paid $520 shipped.But keep in mind the SPFX helmet castings being sold on ebay are around $400 and they are unfinished and come with no lenses,tusks or mouth grill and they are in need of alot of sanding and filling..Whereas the JMC helmet is ready for paint and comes with all the stuff needed to finish it.

Nope.I bought this directly from JMC helmets.No ebay..If anyone wants better pics just let me know.

Not to forget that SPFX ripped of many people over the years with taking money and not delivering helmets/armors. A guy like this shouldn't be supported. There are many way better options like JMC, Stone, Darth Ugly and the Quasimodo helmets. I also like the JMC helmets. He does a great job on getting the helmet on such a level. Personally i would have ordered it finished because his painting skills are also great. Congrats to your new ROTJ helmet.:thumbsup

Not to forget that SPFX ripped of many people over the years with taking money and not delivering helmets/armors. A guy like this shouldn't be supported. There are many way better options like JMC, Stone, Darth Ugly and the Quasimodo helmets. I also like the JMC helmets. He does a great job on getting the helmet on such a level. Personally i would have ordered it finished because his painting skills are also great. Congrats to your new ROTJ helmet.:thumbsup

Very true as relates to SPFX..I was unaware until after I ordered..He uses the ebay user I.D. of "anarchydesigns"..He seems to be delivering nowadays,but that doesnt make up for the past wrongs..

yeah I've seen his pictures online. He's actually working on an ESB for me right now while I work on an ROTJ SPFX. Those are some awesome kits bro I hope you get them finished up and enjoy them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back