Imperator Furiosa: Mad Max Fury Road

Been stalking this thread for weeks, so thanks to those who have shared their progress and wisdom. That being said, anyone had any further luck sourcing the pants?

Has anyone identified if the femur knife is a left leg or a right leg?

For those who have built the arm - what size did you make the holes in the grate? I'm thinking they are about 1/4" but I'm running out of time to experiment on my own.

Has anyone identified if the femur knife is a left leg or a right leg?

For those who have built the arm - what size did you make the holes in the grate? I'm thinking they are about 1/4" but I'm running out of time to experiment on my own.

I used 1/4 and they came out exactly like the grates shown. Good eye on the measurement by the way.

I used 1/4 and they came out exactly like the grates shown. Good eye on the measurement by the way.

Awesome, thanks! What spacing did you use in between the holes? The mesh looks pretty tight, but I'll be laser cutting it and don't want to make it too small and cause melts.

Last edited:
Regarding the chains for the belt buckle, I asked someone who had made a pretty exact replica on Instagram, and he told me he got them from the jewelry sections at Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby. I haven't looked yet, heading to check them out tomorrow.

Last edited:
what's everyone planning to do for the hair? will cutting down a wig work?

I bought one called an Outre Duby Pixie Wig...it's 100% human hair, and it's the shortest I could find. 11013639_10105562980025253_642585764012183470_n.jpg

Alright, so, I feel pretty confident that I can do alright with the glove/arm, but I'm really intimidated by the belt/buckle part. I have never worked with leather, and don't know how to do leatherwork. If anyone has made the belt/buckle, could you post a picture of the backside (I can't figure out how the two straps are attached to the circular buckle part. Also, any descriptions on how you made this would be super helpful. I know how to make the skull emblem, and I have the chains that hang down from the bottom part, but as far as the circular leather piece and straps, I'm completely clueless, and could really use some tutoring. Thanks so much for any help!

what's everyone planning to do for the hair? will cutting down a wig work?

I feel like the roots of a wig would show through, and I have no interest in shaving my head for this. I considered going the painted bald cap route, but all the tutorials I've seen on line seem like it takes a lot of time and money in the makeup department, and they all seem really obvious in photos. So my current plan is just to slick back my hair and then carry my black face makeup up and into the roots, then just wear the googles perched on my head. I'll have a baby bun in the back, but it shouldn't be visible in any photos.

Now I just need to find a black makeup that won't permanently stain my blonde roots....

Also, after much research and deliberation I ended up ordering a pair of these pants to see if they work. Everyone seems convinced that Furiosa is wearing some sort of equestrian pant, but most equestrian pants are expensive. These seemed like a cost-effective option since it's unlikely I'll ever wear these outside of the costume. I'll report back on fit and accuracy of look when they get here next week.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y30T92?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

How are you guys doing her shirt? I'm a stickler about details and I'd like to go with that layered tattered look but I'm not sure how to achieve it. I've seen a few people pull it off (including Laura in that awesome cosplay!) and curious to know what others are doing.

I believe the protective perforated plates surrounding the fingers are either Motorcycle Mufflers Guts [http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/US8439159B1/US08439159-20130514-D00001.png ; http://www.autocorner.ca/images/exhaust/muffler1.jpg] or some vehicle Resonator Guts [http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...A888-Gen-1-AWD-Cast-Downpipe-Exhaust-System!]. Got mine for nothing, though some blacksmithing work to be done to straighten it out.
Don't know if you probed the Middle Finger, but I do believe it's split into 5 pieces and either screwed or riveted together.
I'll try to load my poorly drawn interpretation of the finger 1:1 scale at another date.

I think the bone knife is a right femur.

Here is the right femur. Image on left is a front view. Image on right is a back view.

Femur.jpg

Here is the pic that confirmed right or left for me:

tumblr_inline_nqlhoqAU0v1r0aa8d_540.png

Looking a little more to be sure, because since they mounted the bone on the knife at an angle, it's hard to evaluate the greater trochanter (and the lesser trochanter is MIA, which would be helpful) but I will get back to you.

Last edited:
I stand by right femur. Hard to tell, due to cutting off of some feature and the angle, but more pics:

One side (I believe anterior view):
View attachment 529029

Other side (I believe posterior view):
View attachment 529030

Reference pic of right femur:
View attachment 529031

One more for fun. Twist the bone, but I think the greater trochanter is more prominent on the back side here, which means right based on how the head of the femur is sitting.

Untitled-8.jpg

Last edited:
I stand by right femur. Hard to tell, due to cutting off of some feature and the angle, but more pics:

One side (I believe anterior view):
View attachment 529029

Other side (I believe posterior view):
View attachment 529030

Reference pic of right femur:
View attachment 529031

One more for fun. Twist the bone, but I think the greater trochanter is more prominent on the back side here, which means right based on how the head of the femur is sitting.

View attachment 529037

I agree...looks like a human right femur to me as well.

Femur.jpg

Anzu I'm using a regular shirt as a base and spray adhesiving (that's a verb right?) strips of knit fabric over it. I'm also hand sewing the strips in certain places to make them more secure. I distressed and tea stained it beforehand but I'll probably distress it a little more once it's finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back