Dragoncon 2016

Oh wow, didn't even know there was a meetup last year. But last year was my first time at Dragon Con, so I was still trying to figure out the layout and everything.
I'm so gad there's a meetup though. That convention is amazing, nothing like it.
I don't know all the costumes I'm bringing, but I know I'm going to start working on my CW Scarlet Witch soon, and then my Eowyn 'Dernhelm' armor from LOTR.
I have an Avengers group, we're just trying to find a few more characters we still need, so if anyone is doing Avengers from the Civil War movie and wants to join us, let me know. :)

Oh wow, didn't even know there was a meetup last year. But last year was my first time at Dragon Con, so I was still trying to figure out the layout and everything.
I'm so gad there's a meetup though. That convention is amazing, nothing like it.
I don't know all the costumes I'm bringing, but I know I'm going to start working on my CW Scarlet Witch soon, and then my Eowyn 'Dernhelm' armor from LOTR.
I have an Avengers group, we're just trying to find a few more characters we still need, so if anyone is doing Avengers from the Civil War movie and wants to join us, let me know. :)

I know exactly how you feel. Last year was my first D*Con as well. I was soooo overwhelmed..lol. I want to be more prepared this year so I have been looking at last years Map Book!!!!..lol. I do know (By reading the Dragoncon Sub-Reddit) that a few things are being moved but hopefully Ill get my bearings..

I joined the RPF shortly after returning from Dragoncon due to catching the Cosplay Bug. I have always been interested in movie props but I thought it was very interesting that they host a meetup at Dragoncon!

Hi everybody, I would like to be a part of this this year. I am still upset about missing it last year, but I can't control plane delays. Maybe this year things will go a lot smoother.

Yeah, last year was our 2nd meetup...This year will be my 4th year attending Dragoncon...and I'm excited seeing it's going to be the 30th year for Dragoncon so I'm hoping they do some big things...Please let us know if you plan on attending the meet up by saying "I"m attending the meet". We then will add your name to the badge listing...

Also I will add, this may help you out as well as any other person attending Dragoncon for the first or 2nd or third the list goes on...It has a lot of secret things most don't know about...It was posted for 2013 but it has a lot of info that is still helpfull...It helped me out a lot, so much it's to much to list...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1S2nhQLf4

Hi everybody, I would like to be a part of this this year. I am still upset about missing it last year, but I can't control plane delays. Maybe this year things will go a lot smoother.

Please let us know if you plan on attending the meet by saying "I'm attending the meet"....so we can add your name to the badge listing, thank you...

well, the white ranger idea for my custom Darth Vader didnt work out very well so im going with an N7 base and going from there. this year i will only have the base done but im going to make improvements every year after this and im looking forward to showing you all the evolution of this suit over the years. eventually i will get around to updateing my build thread for those of you who follow that

- - - Updated - - -

oh, just a quick question about the locationm
, i know its the amrriott again, but was wondering the specific place there. i assume the tenth floor again?

Oh sorry... I'm attending the meet up. Thanks!

I have added your name to the custom badge list. Please be sure to check back closer to the con to verify your still attending the meet, also...we usually ask for more information closer to the con. We can't wait to meet you...

just some WIP pics. havent decided if im going with the modified daedric for Darth Vader's "bell" or if i should go with Shredder instead. IMG_20160503_011952.jpgIMG_20160503_011058.jpgIMG_20160502_175436.jpgone fun fact i found out when i was just goofing off, but the central piece from the back of the N7 armor makes a nearly PERFECT addition if flipped upside down and put on the chest, to add the arc reactor. dont know if i will have the arc installed this year but it will be there next year regardless

I wish I was attending the meetup! But I can't make it to Atlanta any earlier than Friday. Any chance I could still get the RPF badge?

I was very surprised at the amount of respect everyone at Dragoncon showed. Last year was my first year and It was mostly a delight. I understand completely about the camera, I left my Surface Pro 3 on a table at the Food Court (Peachtree Center I think) and It was there a good 20 minutes until I realized it. When I went back there were a few Trekkies at the table and the surface was still there. I told them it was mine and they were legit happy about it. Said they were planning to take it to the lost and found! We took a photo and That was it! Restored my Faith in humanity!!!

First all, hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Lots has happened on my end.

Second, I want to also share a moment where my faith was restored in humanity at DragonCon last year. I went outside for a smoke, and there was a guy who clearly had to much to drink and had vomited a couple times. There where a couple jerks that where making fun of him, and just walking by. I gave them hell and got in their face about it. Some other con goers where near by and saw that I was standing up for this dude, and they stepped in and helped me run those jerks off. We then proceeded to get him some help and call him an Uber. We also stayed with him until the Uber arrived and explained the situation. The Uber driver was very nice and said not to worry that he would make sure he gets home safe.

I love the fact that others stepped in to help. And to those jerks that made fun of him - SHAME ON YOU!!!

I've been that drunk. A lot of us have been there. It's an awful feeling and quite embarrassing. No one deserves that sort of treatment.

Narrator, I'm glad you got your MS Surface back. That's awesome that they where gonna do right by you and turn it in to the lost and found.

CAN'T WAIT TO YOU SEE YOU ALL!!

Oh and by the way. Badge printing will begin in June. Please make sure to read the first post of the thread for instructions regarding the badge.
MatrixSpoon you and I need to talk about the badge design. It's been awhile since I sent you designs. Let's get that locked down before June.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I was attending the meetup! But I can't make it to Atlanta any earlier than Friday. Any chance I could still get the RPF badge?

We usually have a few people that have this request...We can possibly meet up with you at a different date and time...Let me check a few things, and I"ll get back with you...

First all, hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Lots has happened on my end.

Second, I want to also share a moment where my faith was restored in humanity at DragonCon last year. I went outside for a smoke, and there was a guy who clearly had to much to drink and had vomited a couple times. There where a couple jerks that where making fun of him, and just walking by. I gave them hell and got in their face about it. Some other con goers where near by and saw that I was standing up for this dude, and they stepped in and helped me run those jerks off. We then proceeded to get him some help and call him an Uber. We also stayed with him until the Uber arrived and explained the situation. The Uber driver was very nice and said not to worry that he would make sure he gets home safe.

I love the fact that others stepped in to help. And to those jerks that made fun of him - SHAME ON YOU!!!

I've been that drunk. A lot of us have been there. It's an awful feeling and quite embarrassing. No one deserves that sort of treatment.

Narrator, I'm glad you got your MS Surface back. That's awesome that they where gonna do right by you and turn it in to the lost and found.

CAN'T WAIT TO YOU SEE YOU ALL!![/QUOTE

This is very true about people drinking at Dragoncon...I remember 2 years ago helpfulnerd and I were out side and we saw a red shirt...he was so out of it helpfulnerd couldn't even wake him up, we called security and they took care of him we were worried about alcohol poisoning... the guy couldnt sit up or anything... Heck last year my birthday feel on Saturday at Dragoncon...and I drank way to much. The funny thing is didn't remember most of the late night. Funny thing is I was hanging out with helpfulnerd and Parkersandquinn Sunday and we were sitting there. I started fliping through photos I just taken, and then it went to a mess of photos I didn't remember, and then I was like what the heck...one of the best and remember able photos that funny I don't remember taking...haha....

What happens when I drink to much?...I party with agents...
DSCN6881.JPGDSCN6879.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and by the way. Badge printing will begin in June. Please make sure to read the first post of the thread for instructions regarding the badge.
@MatrixSpoon you and I need to talk about the badge design. It's been awhile since I sent you designs. Let's get that locked down before June.

I just updated the front first page with a few things...message me when ever you want to chat or skype...I should be back on my old night schedule in a month...so you should see me online more like I used to be...

Me too! I had a mini heart-attack when I realized I had left it!

Can't wait to see you all. We don't have much longer now! I am rushing to finish up some electronic portions of my Cosplay! Hopefully I will have it done Soon!

I just updated the front first page with a few things...message me when ever you want to chat or skype...I should be back on my old night schedule in a month...so you should see me online more like I used to be...

Sounds good. Just want to discuss the final badge design so I can post the design here, as I'm sure everyone is excited to see the badge that we came up for this year. Once you and I finalize the design, I'll start printing off badges in June.

Trying to throw together a Han Solo cosplay for MomoCon. it's less than a month away....here I go again waiting 'til the last month. LOL

Sounds good. Just want to discuss the final badge design so I can post the design here, as I'm sure everyone is excited to see the badge that we came up for this year. Once you and I finalize the design, I'll start printing off badges in June.

Trying to throw together a Han Solo cosplay for MomoCon. it's less than a month away....here I go again waiting 'til the last month. LOL

Like I said before, just hit me up when I'm online or let me know when you would like to chat...and discuss the ideas for the new design...thanks...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back