Star Wars BB-8 life size bb8 droid

Maulfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
When I saw it live ( internet) at c7 on stage I fall in love. We almost complete the dome (11 inch) and the 20" sphere is on the way.

Attachments

• bb8r2.jpg
    bb8r2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,049
  • bb8r1.jpg
    bb8r1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 802
  • bb8r.jpg
    bb8r.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 842
  • bb8sw1a.jpg
    bb8sw1a.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 467
  • bb8swa.jpg
    bb8swa.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 389
  • bb8sw2a.jpg
    bb8sw2a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Re: Star Wars ep7 BB-8 droid lifesize

Nice! Is that a sculpt in clay or a hard sculpt that is just painted with dark primer? Are you planning to cast it in fibreglass (or CF or other fibre)?

Re: Star Wars ep7 BB-8 droid lifesize

Thank you,, this my first BB 8 fiberglass dome, we can only make pull out cast of the dome if there are few members interest on it, not the 20" giant ball just the dome. if we decide to do it should be next month we still with Captain America Winter Soldier Age of ultron helmet orders.

This is looking very nice! I was thinking about making this guy too. What were you thinking about charging for a dome? I can't wait to see how you do the body. How are you planning to do that?

There are a lot of theory how bb8 works, i bought the 20 inch acrylic sphere still waiting, first make all the details then let see about electronic...........btw thanks for all the coments

I know its early stages but did you give any thought of making it kit and doing a run? You'd be swarmed with buyers I'm sure

Thanks, i used a lot references photos i believe that is the closest size, if i use a 12inch dome the sphere have to be bigger like 22inch if you add the sizes the droid would be around 28 inches height and that size it is too high comparing side to side to r2d2

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back