Rogue One Black Series TK Helmet Upgrade

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've read through a couple of Black Series TK Helmet upgrades and wanted to share mine, This is from start to finish, so I'll grab the next couple of thread replies to post pictures.
First is the pieces out of the box.
UZcneV.jpg
htQnmf.jpg
n8L0An.jpg
G06kD1.jpg

​Then I removed every screw, and took everything apart including the Hovi mics. I am going to use the stock green lens because I like the way it screws in but will add a layer of tinted face shield to darken it so you can't see my eyes.
8XuNCe.jpg
IfkFdR.jpg

I'll be replacing the stock Mics with more accurate resin ones, as well as adding frown mesh.
I have also used Model Master Black Spray Model paint, to fill in under the brow, I backed the mic area with white styrene to help hide the slits from the stock mics. I've sanded down the new resin mics so they sit deeper in the sockets.
Z4vrWW.jpg
NoV5Re.jpg
UvM5tB.jpg

I screwed the new Hovi Mics in so I can removed them if I want.
cOBuQo.jpg
w7Eulo.jpg

I used a dremmel to cut the majority of the bulky plastic inside of all 3 parts of the helmet. Glued and filled the back side of the Helmet.
3fhD03.jpg
po1qno.jpg
st3Lrf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So Next I cut out all the tube stripes, I was going to use a dremel but went with a exacto knife that I heated up to cut them out worked a lot better then I used small files to finish them up. I used styrene to paint the blue and mounted them on the inside.
yyS6TF.jpg
R07MKR.jpg
tfEsZv.jpg

fyiI1z.jpg
nEpbGx.jpg
HW0bXO.jpg

I cut some styrene pieces to add the the temples to cover more of the black out line, going to paint them grey and glue them in after it put the helmet together.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole process took me about 5 days, working on it a few hours a day, the back of the helmet I sprayed with a Valspar Lacquer White, misting it over the bondo area, then I polished it, blends really good. did some sanding to the edges to get the helmet to fit together with a smaller seem line, I use CA glue to put it all together. I also used the stock neck trim until I find something to replace it, still it looks pretty good. I just need to install helmet padding and I'm pretty close to being finished. May also just do a slight weathering.
vMGGJM.jpg

m3FADu.jpg

Ie0rqV.jpg

5n7bLf.jpg
AJEHVX.jpg
UFTHW2.jpg
P9E9ex.jpg
Boc3MO.jpg

zLwKq1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang that's sexy! Really nice job redoing this helmet! Especially those battery and speaker holes!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

This is fantastic! I love it. I often want to fill the speaker holes in on my helmet, but fear I wouldn't do as good of a job.
Great work.

Hey there,
I adding Padding today! This is how I've done all my Helmets for trooping or just Displaying, I start with an Easton Batting Helmet that Has Bio Dri Padding, and Use a heat gun to heat the outside of the helmet which allows the adhesive to loosen and the padding pulls out really easy, then I use Silicone to put it in the helmet. Here is the final fit. I didn't use the ear padding this time, didn't need it, makes for a nice comfortable fit that absorbs sweat if you decide to troop in your Hemet!!! I got Easton "T"Ball Helmets this time around, found them for $19, with free shipping on Ebay.
RO Helmet padding 1.jpegRO Helmet padding 2.jpegRO Helmet padding 3.jpegRO Helmet Padding 4.jpeg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back