Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

How are they compared to the HC ones? Do you think they'd be worth the few extra bucks? Are the electronics decent in them?

The sport ones have a better fabric/stitching on the lower half than the HC ones. they are basically bottom half is a V2, and top half is a vinyl top collar.
They are also less stiff than the HC shoes. The soles will be the same however.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright Guys here's that tutorial Video hope it helps all of you give me feedback on what you think. Thanks guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP_8UqRscYE

Good work.
It still looks though as the Red and Yellow are over powering the green.

Mr David should supply replacement updated LEDs as the current ones suck too much and are too bright overall.

- - - Updated - - -

size us 7 do not have the updated lights now

- - - Updated - - -

size us 7 not with the updated lights now

Why can't you supply the replacement LED panels by themselves?
We can replace them ourselves.

Not sure what the guidelines are on this (if it breaks them feel free to delete this post)

But I was looking at the mags on alieexpress and they seem to have a different fabric for the grey on the top. Any idea where I can find correct versions or are these the newer ones?

You've got these options:

1.) Halloween costumes shoes

2.) Sport version shoes (same fabric on bottom half as a V2, but top half is vinyl and a bit short)

3.) Original V2 shoe, bulky toecap, and same electronics as the HC.

4.) A newer V2, called V2.1, it has a slimmed toecap and seems to use different fabric, more closer to a v3 fabric.

5.) An alternate V2, which has V3 fabric and a remote control lighting system with a light up strap. Its also in Black. The grey version however has a longer upper which looks deformed, so i wouldn't recommend.

6.) V3 shoe from Mr David. Most accurate to 2011 shoe so far, but seems to break easily in the electronics department. LEDs have been updated on the newest. Shoe is a bit too stiff overall, especially toe area. Its not as slim, smooth and sleek as original. Its also the most expensive replica.

I was just watching BTTF 2 last night and I believe you can see Marty's shoes lit up when he says no to Griff in the Cafe 80's and is about to walk out before being called a chicken.

@stprime

My understanding from watching the movie and the screenshots is the lights aren't on in the daytime.
The lights activate when the shoes lace, but then they turn off.
The only time the lights can be seen activated are at night when they're at Hilldale.

Additionally: I re-watched the scenes, and although there's not that many that allow the shoe to be seen, the only time the shoes are lit are on Marty Jr's shoes when he arrives at the Cafe 80s. Marty does not have the shoe lights activated in any daytime scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just watching BTTF 2 last night and I believe you can see Marty's shoes lit up when he says no to Griff in the Cafe 80's and is about to walk out before being called a chicken.

I stand corrected, they ARE lit in the Cafe 80s.

So does that mean that the shoes light up in darker conditions? It's bright outside so they're off, but given a certain lack of surrounding light and they turn on?

Love that thought.

The interesting thing is that you can never see the yellow or red LED's on. Only the green. Magslit.jpg Magslit2.jpg

Last edited:

2.) Sport version shoes (same fabric on bottom half as a V2, but top half is vinyl and a bit short)

4.) A newer V2, called V2.1, it has a slimmed toecap and seems to use different fabric, more closer to a v3 fabric.

5.) An alternate V2, which has V3 fabric and a remote control lighting system with a light up strap. Its also in Black. The grey version however has a longer upper which looks deformed, so i wouldn't recommend.

6.) V3 shoe from Mr David. Most accurate to 2011 shoe so far, but seems to break easily in the electronics department. LEDs have been updated on the newest. Shoe is a bit too stiff overall, especially toe area. Its not as slim, smooth and sleek as original. Its also the most expensive replica.

Great info. So where can we buy V2s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a brief walk through on dying the soles to that blue tint? I know it's a few pages back but that's a lot to dig through, just need what dye times and amount, and what was used for the application and how much. Have been trying to ice up the soles a little with sea glow but not much of a difference from what I see. Really slight difference so not sure if I'm even doing it correctly.

This was the best guide ive seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3d2t-_OouE

Last edited by a moderator:

Airair, can you please update your scaled MAG chart?

So does that mean that the shoes light up in darker conditions? It's bright outside so they're off, but given a certain lack of surrounding light and they turn on?

Love that thought.

Well yeah. The inverter and battery box was quite large for the movie and it looks like a single 9V battery was being used to power both shoes. The brightness of EL comes down to both volts/amps driving it, but also the area of the panel. 2 shoes is twice the area.

The idea of glowing in the dark is exactly how my GITD kits work. The issue is because they are passive and do not have electrical power to keep them bright, they fade out at night quite fast. But when I used to wear them during the day, they would exposed to sun light, then I'd go inside and they were super bright (even brighter than EL) for a few minutes before fading out. EL has the advantage of not fading out.

I would think so but be careful soldering it don't burn it but honestly I dont know what the inside looks like just as long as you can solder the 220ohm resistor to the red wire correctly then you're good my friend

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back