Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

IMG_20170213_061208.jpgIMG_20170213_061950.jpgIMG_20170213_062959.jpg
So here is a comparison between the Original and the Fixed lights

This is my first post however I just thought it'd be nice to share that I have been following this thread for over a year, read all 400 pages, I've had V2s, & V3s multiple pairs, and have still decided to stay silent, I've bought over 7k$ of shoes from davidjones888 and here is my current mag collection all size 11!
image1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a brief walk through on dying the soles to that blue tint? I know it's a few pages back but that's a lot to dig through, just need what dye times and amount, and what was used for the application and how much. Have been trying to ice up the soles a little with sea glow but not much of a difference from what I see. Really slight difference so not sure if I'm even doing it correctly.

Not sure what the guidelines are on this (if it breaks them feel free to delete this post)

But I was looking at the mags on alieexpress and they seem to have a different fabric for the grey on the top. Any idea where I can find correct versions or are these the newer ones?

Not sure what the guidelines are on this (if it breaks them feel free to delete this post)

But I was looking at the mags on alieexpress and they seem to have a different fabric for the grey on the top. Any idea where I can find correct versions or are these the newer ones?

How much were they? Because there is now at least 6 versions of this shoe ranging from HC at less than $100 through to the V3 at $500.

What I don't get is why all the hybrids now? If it had different fabric on the ears, then probably the "sports" version for about $150.

V2s are still around the $200 to $250 mark. We have been asking for a slimmed toe on the V2 since their release in 2012 and they only just give us that late last year. What is the point in updating the old model? No one cares or wants that now.

The V3 is the best version to date, and even that at $499 still has about 15 things wrong with it.

If you want V3s, maybe not the cheapest on line, but will deliver, use member davidjones888 and www.sneakerahead.ru

Anyone have a brief walk through on dying the soles to that blue tint? I know it's a few pages back but that's a lot to dig through, just need what dye times and amount, and what was used for the application and how much. Have been trying to ice up the soles a little with sea glow but not much of a difference from what I see. Really slight difference so not sure if I'm even doing it correctly.

I didn't use RIT dye and I just painted mine on with a small brush.

How much were they? Because there is now at least 6 versions of this shoe ranging from HC at less than $100 through to the V3 at $500.

What I don't get is why all the hybrids now? If it had different fabric on the ears, then probably the "sports" version for about $150.

V2s are still around the $200 to $250 mark. We have been asking for a slimmed toe on the V2 since their release in 2012 and they only just give us that late last year. What is the point in updating the old model? No one cares or wants that now.

The V3 is the best version to date, and even that at $499 still has about 15 things wrong with it. They are about 89 dollars.

If you want V3s, maybe not the cheapest on line, but will deliver, use member @davidjones888 and www.sneakerahead.ru

They are sort of like a hybrid of the HC and the Nike Mags. For the price tho I might just continue with the HC ones.
HTB1nud4NVXXXXbQXVXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

IMG_0547.JPGIMG_0551.JPG

Watching the Tinker episode on Netflix and I didn't notice until now that the lights weren't on while he was on the board. Also that upper is so small.
IMG_0815.JPG

They are sort of like a hybrid of the HC and the Nike Mags. For the price tho I might just continue with the HC ones.
View attachment 706846

This is the sports version. The body is a V2, but for some reason, they went with a shiny vinyl for the ears. An unbranded, all cloth version would have been much better.

Watching the Tinker episode on Netflix and I didn't notice until now that the lights weren't on while he was on the board. Also that upper is so small.
View attachment 706871

In the Matel Hover Board thread, there is an image of the screen usd board and it looks like it had bolts passing through the shoe to attach it together. The lights only work in the scenes where is not on the hover board.

View attachment 706871
stprime

My understanding from watching the movie and the screenshots is the lights aren't on in the daytime.
The lights activate when the shoes lace, but then they turn off.
The only time the lights can be seen activated are at night when they're at Hilldale.

Additionally: I re-watched the scenes, and although there's not that many that allow the shoe to be seen, the only time the shoes are lit are on Marty Jr's shoes when he arrives at the Cafe 80s. Marty does not have the shoe lights activated in any daytime scenes.

That is cool.

I do have some questions -

On the V2, there was 4 wires, 1 in and 3 return.

1. If there is only 3 wires here, how does the power feed in or return from the LEDs?

2. I noticed that you didn't insulate the resister you added. Is this not necessary?

@stprime

My understanding from watching the movie and the screenshots is the lights aren't on in the daytime.
The lights activate when the shoes lace, but then they turn off.
The only time the lights can be seen activated are at night when they're at Hilldale.

Additionally: I re-watched the scenes, and although there's not that many that allow the shoe to be seen, the only time the shoes are lit are on Marty Jr's shoes when he arrives at the Cafe 80s. Marty does not have the shoe lights activated in any daytime scenes.

Yeh, I thought about that too, which is why it's not bothering me to leave the lights off with my wear pair.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back