Megadeth Vic Rattlehead Dystopia replica Costume

Gorgot3000

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys! it's been a while since I shared a project with you, so here a special project I did recently...

A couple weeks ago just before Xmas, I wanted to create Vic Rattlehead costume replica ( cyber version ) from the latest album of Megadeth, Dystopia. Since, Megadeth and Unibroue released a new beer "À tout le monde ", the official beer of Megadeth...

As a fan, I started this crazy project . 2 weeks later, during the holiday, I learned that the official release of the beer would happen here in Quebec on January 26th and Dave Mustaine will be there at this private event. No tickets for sale, there was only a contest on local radio station and Facebook page to win the chance to assist at the official release.

So the fun began! I missed the contest by 6 hours because my mold was not yet set. I contacted the Unibroue brewer and they invited me as a VIP to join them at Quebec city to meet Dave Mustaine and the Unibroue crew. I can't express how excited I was.

Anyway enough typing, and here some pictures of my Work In Progress and "final result " at the event. (my costume is still not completed as I want so it's still a WIP ...didn't had the time to do the prop head and the katana)

Megadeth Dystopia album
1.jpg

sawed off shotgun from a toy ( madmax style )

3.jpg4.jpg2.jpg

staredt to sculpt with water clay, teeth are made with monster clay, vacformed ears, temporary glasses and hooks test cast with 57d .

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

refinishing the backhead piece and smooth the clay

8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

new snowboard glasses test

12.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

did the wall clay

16.jpg15.jpg17.jpg

the first, the last coat of rebound 25 silicone and the shell made of shellshock and fiberblass fiber

19.jpg18.jpg20.jpg

el wire test in the glasses

21.jpg

front arms sculpt

22.jpg23.jpg

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 218
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 188
head painted and details added

38.jpg37.jpg

shoulders and harness done !

40.jpg41.jpg42.jpg

Front arms casted and painted, Elbows painted

44.jpg43.jpg45.jpg

costume test just before I get out in the event at the bar

46.jpg

at the event

48.jpg47.png49.jpg

me as Vic and Dave Mustaine , with his wife and son , and on the stage with Mustaine and Jerry Vietz Unibroue brewer

51.jpg50.jpg52.jpg

me and my wife and some random fan :)
53.jpg54.jpg55.jpg56.jpg57.jpg

Cheers ! hope you like it ! :D

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 158
  • 39.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
it's on my workbench ;)

20170131_121723.jpg[QUOTEPitrimoOptimoso;4178211]Next up should be.... Vic vs. EDDIE! *metal horns*:devil[/QUOTE]

Looks great! I can't sculpt but have been wanting to make a vic bust for years even if I have to use a plastic skull kit. This thread has made my desire stronger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Haven't been here for a while I come back and see this! One Metalhead to another Right On bro! as one of the Big 4 Metal bands been fortunate to see them in concert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back