World of Warcraft - Cordana Felsong

Kind of. I used Evil Ted's pattern for the female torso with slight adjustments and everything else is basically sketched out, made a pattern of, and constructed. I don't think it's much freehanding, but creating patterns as-you-go.

I'm super impressed! I have such a hard time figuring out stuff like that. I need to make a (generic) armour breastplate for an upcoming costume, so that will be my first real try at (semi) freehanding (starting with something really simple, lol).

I love the way this is turning out so far!

What did you use to diffuse the green light for the markings? Looks perfect. Also, what type of LEDs, voltage etc.

I need an extra layer of stuff (not sure what yet) to diffuse the LED's. They're just LED strips, 12V DC. The rest what you see is several layers of green organza.

I need an extra layer of stuff (not sure what yet) to diffuse the LED's. They're just LED strips, 12V DC. The rest what you see is several layers of green organza.
I had to google organza haha. You have introduced me to a bunch of stuff already that I have never heard of/done! :lol

Got a little bit stuck due to busy schedule and people visiting me(which was nice), as well as feeling a bit 'meh' and getting distracted with Natasha Volkova (red alert 3)..but I'm back.

Today I've sewn on the trim for every. single. flap. (and the back of the cloak)... just two more to go and it's done with the trims. Fur trim will be airbrushed.

WyCRWiEh.jpg

nZJAX8jh.jpg

upFm1wgh.jpg

dsLCca3h.jpg

They need to get ironed, but I didn't have the iron ready and the lounge has been in-use by my housemate. So it looks a bit shoddy now.

Some screenshots from my twitch stream with lights:
8GqDAum.png

4dZfFxf.png

XSfdsOu.png

Last edited:
rH7m5jgh.jpg

Dqmqk1Xh.jpg

G2Q0PqT.jpg

DSu3jGx.jpg

Some transparent, sanded, vacform plastic with a few layers of organza glued to it works pretty well in diffusing the LED lights I installed on the lower shoulder part.

This is outstanding! I can tell you're putting a lot of hard work into this, really into the process. It's looking amazing and it's not even finished!

0aeGK9ch.jpg

OSfkaRAh.jpg

I personally find the paint too glossy, as it drowns out the pearlescent effect. This means it'll go back to black and I'll go the old-fashioned acrylics route. But it was a nice little test with a different technique from usual. The colours are great though. I genuinely like the tint, but it's just too glossy. For reference; these are FW Acrylic Inks. The gold is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did more paintwork. Pearlescent purple will be added next week:

D2Yjsig.jpg

Currently I'm holding the cables by hand so a mm off means no working lights (so it flickers a lot, after more soldering it should be fine)

I removed the horns because I decided to vacform them instead for the light effects. So here's a timelapse of me sculpting the new horns, and a vision test.

I just spent two days sewing the undersuit trousers (what a nightmare) and finishing the tabbard & sideskirt. By now also the shoes are finished, and just did a pattern for the gloves.

V4pQxDQh.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back