The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

well..recieved mine from Shapeways on thursday before halloween...they work great...strong..look more movie accurate...

Finally got my 3D printed boot rockets assembled and painted! Used Helagak's files I believe, had a friend do the parts printing. The spindles down near the bottom we didn't bother with for now, and the finishing work was not beautiful but I was trying to have them done by last weekend (fail!). Still, they look pretty good and will go nicely on the spats. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to use the mounting plates or just put the rockets right on the leather.

UPsBQj9.jpg

OK! Finally got my correctly-sized 2nd jacket from the Etsy seller TheJacketMaker.

My pictures here will link to the full-sized images, so that I don't take up so much pic space on the page here - I left the originals fairly large so you could see the details. (If you click these pics you'll go to imgur, and if you click those they'll zoom in)

First up, is this pic of me in the jacket (and my fun 'Starlord Coffee' shirt) - I'm no good at taking selfies.

And here is one with the Etsy jacket (right) as compared to the trading.plus Ebay jacket (left).

Things I noticed, beyond the obvious color and texture differences:
- The left jacket actually has pockets
- The left jacket gets the shape embossed above the zipper slide next to the collar right, where the etsy jacket just vaguely hints at it
- The right jacket seems to have used the same size arm-top flaps even with my smaller size, so the bicep strap and flap end are further down the arm than they would normally be. It's not quite enough to complain about, to me, but it's noticeable against pics of the actual jacket, and even against the ebay jacket.
- The right jacket's bicep strap is leather (more accurate), instead of the webbing on the ebay jacket
- Right jacket's arm flaps have the raised panels below the patch area, which is more accurate than not having them, but I'm not sure exactly how accurate the shapes are.
- Right jacket has a more squared shape to the shoulders, which is more accurate.

All in all, I am about 80% happy with it - it gets docked points for value-for-money and for the weird scaling on the arm details.

Last edited:
Are you saying the jacket in the right has leather straps going through the oval grommets on the biceps? That is actually LESS accurate if true. The screen jacket has elastic straps on the biceps.

Are you saying the jacket in the right has leather straps going through the oval grommets on the biceps? That is actually LESS accurate if true. The screen jacket has elastic straps on the biceps.

Hmm. In this pic and others I've seen of the hero jacket it looks like leather with stitching along the edges
Guardians+of+Galaxy+starlord+costume.jpg

Thanks Kevin!

So I guess my internal monologue is asking me if I should go ahead and replace the leather with elastic, as well as if I should get somebody good at sewing to fix up the arm flaps' length...

I also think I'm going to add snaps on the pants to attach holster pads and the rocket controls. Would make washing them infinitely easier, at least, and this is one costume I want to use several times.

Here's a shot I took when I went to see the costume. I have yet to identify the exact elastic used, but I've found a similar one.

Again, I know they arnt the right gloves but I did find these....

They're call "Joe Rocket Mens Atomic X Black/Orange Leather Motorcycle Riding Gloves" on the Evil Bay

gloves.JPG

gloves.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back