The worst movies you've ever seen?

Battlefield Earth, House of the Dead

(both MST3K worthy movies)

Oh! *&^! and the ending to The Mist! I absolutely loved the movie,and despised the ending with all my heart...personally,I didn't know there was a look for "shoot me in the face", but after seeing that movie,I'm sure I had that look......

How a movie, book, or song seems to you largely depends on where your head is at when you experience it.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

As a kid, did you get popcorn dumped on your head for trying to get more laughs than Jerry Lewis when everyone else was trying to enjoy the movie?

And now, as an adult, do you spend much of your week in Website Discussion Groups venting about old movies you have developed an abnormal fixation upon?

Does incessently obsessing about those movies somehow comfort you like your childhood bwanky?

And when someone outside your support group says or does something regarding YOUR BELOVED movie: do you feel like they are attacking something sacred to you? Something you feel authorized and compelled to defend?

Does the compulsion to defend your sacred, beloved movie lead you and your support group to attack others via hate campaigns and flame wars?

That's a shame. You're cracked. But dig it, bro. The popcorn was nobody's fault but your own; so don't take it out on the World, okay?

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

How a movie, book, or song seems to you largely depends on where your head is at when you experience it.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

As a kid, did you get popcorn dumped on your head for trying to get more laughs than Jerry Lewis when everyone else was trying to enjoy the movie?

And now, as an adult, do you spend much of your week in Website Discussion Groups venting about old movies you have developed an abnormal fixation upon?

Does incessently obsessing about those movies somehow comfort you like your childhood bwanky?

And when someone outside your support group says or does something regarding YOUR BELOVED movie: do you feel like they are attacking something sacred to you? Something you feel authorized and compelled to defend?

Does the compulsion to defend your sacred, beloved movie lead you and your support group to attack others via hate campaigns and flame wars?

That's a shame. You're cracked. But dig it, bro. The popcorn was nobody's fault but your own; so don't take it out on the World, okay?

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

Misguided, presumptuous, AND pretentious. Everybody give this guy a big hand.

I think he's talking to himself :confused And he's talkin about 20k leagues under the sea.... :confused

And this brings me to my next subject children, don't do drugs. :lol

Someone doesn't like Gone With the Wind? Well frankly my dear I don't give a damn! :lol

Oh! *&^! and the ending to The Mist! I absolutely loved the movie,and despised the ending with all my heart...personally,I didn't know there was a look for "shoot me in the face", but after seeing that movie,I'm sure I had that look......

YES! Thank you! I loved the book and I loved how it ended. Where the reader gets to think about how it ends, where it goes from there. I think that "Hollywood" wouldn't do that ending because it didn't wrap up the story in a nice little package. That had to dumb it down to make people happy. If you want to call that ending "happy" though. HATED THE ENDING!

I will chime in for a movie containing 26 movies some quite good but others horrifically bad. ABCs of Death. A-Z:26 films. Some standout as fantastic to good (Dogfight a frontrunner by a wide lead, Removed, Hydroelectric Diffusion, Ingrown, Nuptials, Speed, Unearthed, Vagitus) but some were particularly awful especially for 5 minute films. I would have to say it included some of the least necessary and offensive (intellectually offensive) film ever to be shot.

Worst and most confusing bit of film I have seen in a bit goes to:

ZETSUTSEMETSU

"Why? Oh Lord, why?" bad. Mind numbing image scarred bad. Confusing "What did I ever do to you that you would include this in a film I might watch?" bad.

Why they would end a 26 short film compilation with this I do not know. Those of you who know me know I have an extremely forgiving soul when it comes to film but good God was that bad. I am still uncertain what they were going for it was so bad. It was worse than any pretentious student film I have ever seen by far (and I have seen some 2 hour stinkers). This was 7 minutes or so of superconcentrated bad. I am sure the director claims it to be a sendup of some sort but it is unadulterated monkey excrement generated by a pretentious unimaginative hack.

Doc

P.S. The film is definitely a hard R with adult imagery including sex and violence so don't say you weren't warned.

I will chime in for a movie containing 26 movies some quite good but others horrifically bad. ABCs of Death. A-Z:26 films. Some standout as fantastic to good (Dogfight a frontrunner by a wide lead, Removed, Hydroelectric Diffusion, Ingrown, Nuptials, Speed, Unearthed, Vagitus) but some were particularly awful especially for 5 minute films. I would have to say it included some of the least necessary and offensive (intellectually offensive) film ever to be shot.

Totally agree, a huge waste of time, some of these films were so far out:eek

The Japanese films are something else:wacko

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of horror, but I thought 'The ABCs of Death' was just awful. I liked a small handful of the shorts, thought the majority of them were cheap shock-value garbage.

No, I don't like Gone with the Wind . . . and I'm baffled that so many people do :confused

IMHO, it's long, dull and drawn-out . . . not unlike that :popcorn post above :lol

Hehe,Yeah,I don't really care for it either,but at the time it was pretty scandalous I guess,lol.

No, I don't like Gone with the Wind . . . and I'm baffled that so many people do :confused

IMHO, it's long, dull and drawn-out . . . not unlike that :popcorn post above :lol

Yes! Let us hear more words of wisdom from Pat Regan. :popcorn :confused

Re: Re: The worst movies you've ever seen?

Misguided, presumptuous, AND pretentious. Everybody give this guy a big hand.

LOL! That comment just made me think of Willy Wonka.
"for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude."
:p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back